Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Doesn´t give you 200 item discovery.
gold serpent ring doesn't work either for backward compat on xbox one
its 200 POINTS INCREASE not an enemy will drop 200 ITEMS LOL that would be funny
If this thing let you get 200 items from a corpse that would be dumb. By the time you finish looting the 200 Claymores on the Bridge by the Undead Parish I would have already beaten the game with the Caestus. THE CAESTUS!
It does for me
I think you guys are mistaken / misunderstood. I understand it as such that he doesn't get the Item Discovery stat increased which is the purpouse of it. Are you sure you don't have the gold serpent ring equipped? As they won't stack. For example - If you have consumed 20 humanity you'll have 210 Item Discovery, if you also wear Gold Serpent ring it will stack with the humanity, giving you a 410 Item Discovery. I guess this was made so we have more options to reach the 410 Item Discovery and be able to free up the ring slot but still be able to have 410 Item Slots, that's my guess anyway. I have played this alot, but it was quite a long time ago, is 410 the maximum stat?
It should be noted here on the Wiki that the Symbol of Avarice doesn't appear to drain health while the player character is doing the animation for a backstab or riposte.
well nothing that would normally drain health in attack animations like ripostes or backstabs
what about pulling a lever or opening a big *** door ?

Die

Souls: 130.00
Wiki Edits: 15
How can I counteract the debuff
Leeroys Sanctus shield can help
Estus flask
Sun Princess Ring will heal you 2 hp every second so the debuff will only take away 3 hp.
Ring of the Evil Eye if you're farming area with many enemies.
Ring of Sun Princess in Dark Souls 1 boosts miracles. The same ring in Dark Souls 3 slowly refills HP.
Muito bom
The item description contradicts what we see in the game. The description states that the headpiece was "imposed on a long lost clan, exiled for the sin of avarice". This leads us to believe that Mimics are actually humans of that tribe that wear the headpiece. However, the Mimics are decidedly NOT human, they are taller and thinner than the PC and NPCs and the mouth and tongue are fully functional. So what exactly are they, weird looking humans or monsters that look like chests?
It doesn’t say it was a human clan
02 dec anonymous, i'd say that's true, and i want to add something to that. Humans, in dark souls, can totally be monsters. Look at the people of oolacile, and Manus himself! And hollows! And ds3's aldritch wasn't born a black slime, maybe he was a human who got monster too!
Was basically going down the same road as the last comment, son and experimentations is what lead to a lot of the “monsters” you see in dark souls. Hunger for power and souls turned them to wretched beings, empty due to the daunting task of living on even after every thing is in ruins and your “God’s” no are no longer sain.

Yin

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 58.00
Most likely, they are sorcerers from Oolacile. Chameleon was created there, and transforming into a chest that people put their valuables in would be a fun way to make off with loot, attacking those that would try and take the loot. The bloatheads even look pretty similar. Perhaps their greed and avaricious impetus drew the ire of another entity that did not take kindly to such machinations, and cursed their sin with a worthy punishment.
This thing is damn nice if you've got the health/estus for it. Just don't wear it at bosses and you'll be fine.
Yeah, but kill that boss, then quickly put in on and bam! Benefits without commitment. A perfect relationship.
It also slightly increases Poise by 15.
With lloyd talismans and a few precise throws, I got it in 2 mins. Tested without lloyds and it was a nightmare I no one wish to experience...
Got it journey two without any luck increases.
Liar
so it is useless to match the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring?
Yes, there is no point in wearing both the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and the Symbol of Avarice. To get the most benefit, wear it with the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring.