Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

Also equip load is determined by vitality not to endurance.
Not in Dark Souls 1. Vitality is health in Dark Souls 1, while endurance was both Stamina and Equip Load
That’s dark souls 3 in dark souls it’s determined by endurance
not in dark souls remastered. they changed vitality and endurance so that vitality is health and endurance is stamina, equip load and slight resistances so they are the same as ds2 and 3
Vitality is not a stat in DS1.
Vitality is health in DS1 my dude
I like spegetti
Yes
I have 50.0 out of 131.4 and I’m fatrolling for some reason. Help please
You need to be at 32.85 or lower to fast roll.

Artorias_The_Meme

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
is there dust when you roll?
Eh....You probably are med rolling
My equip load changed in a way that makes no sense. I had a max load of 58 and was at 26.7. I upgraded my max load to 60 and and went from a 5.0 weight sword to a 8.0 weight sword and my equip load went up to 33.9. What is going on?? I didn’t change any armour or other weapons and I even upgraded my endurance to compensate for the increased weight. Qu’est-ce que *****??
I know I'm a bit late and this is going to be a little lengthy, apologies. Equip load works in percentages(as you already know), but let's look at your example further. You changed from a 5.0 weapon with 26.7 equip load and swapped to an 8.0 weapon and it increased to 33.9 equip load. You said you started off with a max load of 58 and bumped it up to 60 to accommodate for the new weapon's weight. Basically, Dark Soul's equip load works with diminishing returns and "balancing". So even though the new weapon should've been taken care of by the max load increase, the game instead calculated it needed to weigh more for it to be balanced. It's lame, but it's the game.
You're both high af. The game doesn't dynamically change weight values. Something else had changed. If what you're saying is actually what happened, then before you even switched to the 8.0 sword, you would've been at 30.9 load after increasing your endurance (according to what you said), meaning you should've noticed your character mid-rolling right after levelling up, without changing anything, while you would've been fast-rolling prior. That's definitely not what happened.
Wish someone had developed a calculator for equip load so I could figure out my build before even starting the game, but it's nothing dedicated or whatever, so I can just improvise and toss in points as I need it.
MugenMonkey in the Play Store
Check out Soulsplanner, it's the perfect resource for planning builds in DS1/2/3
A whole page, and not a single mention about WHICH STAT AFFECT THE EQUIP LOAD??? basic info, can't find anywhere, just like everything else in this game i have to figure It out by myself..cool
Have trouble reading, huh? "The Endurance stat governs the amount of Equip Load, it also increases all the way to 99 Endurance with no diminishing returns"
Just don’t play then? This game is vague and always will be, it’s open to interpretation. It’s also a more difficult game for those of us who don’t want our hands held the whole time.. don’t be rude
"just like everything else in this game i have to figure It out by myself" That's the point of the game, genius.
They did say whitch stat affects equip load mainly, Endurance!
Endurance is the equip load stat!
You could also look at your stats when you're leveling or just on the stats screen and there's very clearly a button you can press that highlights each leveling stat and tells you exactly what it does.
I’m lost how does 50%+20%+5%= 89%? Lol am I trippin here??
1.20 * 1.50 * 1.05 = 1.89
1.50*1.20*1.05 = 1.89, i.e., a 89 % increase.
You add the 50% of your original equip load first then take 20% of that and add it then 5% of that and you should end up with an answer that's 89% of your original equip load. F#*k!
Okay ,I might be stupid but my equip load percentage is literally 26% and im fatrolling.When its below 25% thats what i consider medium roll,Or is that different from DS3 ? In DS3 fat roll is above 70% and it looks similar to the roll Im getting now . Help ?
Well the easiest way I can tell if I’m fat rolling is if I’m playing with a controller is when it vibrates and shakes the screen a bit when you roll

Imalayan

Casual
Convict

Souls: 1,995.00
Wiki Edits: 385
Dark Souls has 3 main rolling speeds instead of DS3's two. What you are experiencing above 25% is called a "medium roll". It has only slightly less iframes than the fast roll. Fatrolling starts at 50% for DS and is significantly worse
The medium roll in DS1 is significantly slower than in DS3, and the fat rolling in DS1 is also slower than the fat roll in DS3.
@Imalayan DS3 has 3 main rolling speeds just like DS1 it's just that DS3's fast roll is very similar to it's mid roll making the change hard to notice but when below 30% equip load in DS3 you have more i-frames when you roll and roll much much farther however DS3 doesn't have sub categories like DS1 does and being at 0% equip load isn't any better then being at 30% in DS3.

this may also help answer OPs question. just know when below at 25% and below you will fast roll and between 25% and 50% is a mid roll and anything above that is a fat roll until 100% or more where you'' be overeencumbered. DS1s mid roll is just a lot slower then DS3s so it seems like a fat roll if you're not use to it.
Below 25% is actually fast rolling iirc, 26%~50% is mid rolling, and 50%~100% is fat rolling, above 100% you're overweight and can't roll anymore.
Have played through Bloodborne Sekiro and DS3 but understanding Equip Load in DS1.. FK I rather play all game with no armor
Fashion souls. Also, why tf is this comment so disliked?
At 3rd April 2020 it says "Encumberence is the percentage of max Equip Load currently used (for example at 20 of 80 Equip Load, Encumberence is 40%)" but 20/80 is 25%!
Lol yeah. And says all three items stacked has a total of 189%.... 150% ring, 120% ring and 105% mask.... hmmm I get 175% I don't know about you guys
You're mistaken. The items stack multiplicatively, not additively, which means they "scale" off of each other. Mathematically, like this: 100 * 1,5 * 1,2 * 1,05 = 189. The calculation on the page is correct.