Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

I got the penalty because I kept turning off my Ps3 after I got sick of fighting laggy red phantoms so rage quit AFTER the fight not during.
The you fully deserve the penalty

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

Souls: 156.00
Wiki Edits: 14
Thank you for proving that the system works.
It will activate from co-op disconnects on PC, me and my friends have had server issues where 1 of us never fully loads and gets stuck on the loading screen, alt+f4ing on this apparently counts enough we've had to use a bone of order after disconnecting too many times
well thus titslly sucks hardily even on for the last 3 mknths and when I do log in it tells Me I need a bone of order after xbone GLITCHED AND YOUR SERVER STUCK ME IN A WALL!!!??? WHAT IS GOING ON??? ME THINKS XBONE AND THE SERVER SHOULD USE A BONE OF ORDER IN ORDER TO FIX THIS GLITCH...
Damn, almost got a stroke reading this.

TheSmilingDog

Casual
Convict

Souls: 156.00
Wiki Edits: 14
Uh, yeah? You go man!?
Doesn't this make it hard for PS Now players to play?
None of the dark souls games are even on ps now though...
I am a PvE player. Always have been, always will be. I do not invade others and almost never play PvP in any game. Both me and my friend have this opinion on invasions: They are a HUGE nuisance. I do not have any Sin, so I only get invaded about 3 times per area, whereas my friend has atoned for his Sin and gets invaded once every 5 minutes. The one thing is, by the time they have entered, I only have just opened my menu or just noticed that they invaded. I have no time to get out my Raw Hand Axe +10. Since I am in NG+, most invaders are way too good to get smashed to the ground by a Great Club. I hate invasions, and often leave the game to avoid their most inconvenient timing, but that is my play style getting in the way of it. I cannot win invasions. That is why I am punished.
Dude...I am very similar in style: I attempted the first playthrough (and currently 2nd) with zero covenants and zero invasions from me, and avoided getting invaded as much as I possibly could...even not logging online at times.

What I found differently, however, is that the most intense parts of the game, even more than the best boss fights, have been the PvP. OTOH, I'm primarily Faith/Strength/Agility and low weight so I can roll around a ton and prolong battles, drink Estus, and I almost always win a battle of attrition...In fact, I never lost a PvP battle until I started soul farming at the Giant Lord in endgame of playthrough one. As much as I hate the 15 minutes of unplanned segue that an invasion typically is, my heart is like 200 bpm the entire time, and it's fun. But remember, you can play starting out disconnected, and you won't have any problems with PvP invasions; OTOH, you'll have more (and much easier) PvE invasions.
Just git gud bruh
Im not going to say "Git Gud" but don't quit the game, Im a pretty pep heavy player and one of the things that piss me off the most are when I used my last cracked orb and the person disconnects, just lead them to a campfire and fight there, when you die, grab yours souls and wala, everyones happy ish
oof... this the bad side of always being able to get invaded huh...instead of keeping the game alive and stopping ganks...well gankers just use the crusty knuckles thing so it doesnt matter... anyways sins only makes blue sentinels harass u but not reds...**** blues cant let anyone pvp without harasing...like this **** invaded my fight club 2 times under 30 sec the other day. he was full have too....crazy...
im a good pvpeer and pveer and i never disconected from whatever it was and the problem with me i that the better i get in pvp the worst i get in pve and im 455 with 57 lvl in all stats
dont do that... thas disgusting... thats not even a build...do people a favor and delete that **** and stay around sm 1m to 15m
If you hate invasions play ds3 so whenever you get invades you have a ganksqaud, good game
this is ******* my game keeps kicking me to the menu due to saving errors and then this happens
Can't believe people are butthurt about a mechanic in the game. They say they don't like being invaded, buhuuu, then burn a human effigy, boom, there you go. Have an emergency and you were invaded? Be AFK, what is the problem with dying once? Maybe the invader will even wait for you. No matter the case, ALT+F4 is a cowardly action and goes against the game's intention. The mechanic is called "invasion", not "friendly visit".

AntonShea53

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 895.00
Wiki Edits: 7
It seems to be mostly people thinking that it's forced/unavoidable when they're well aware that they have a choice between playing online and playing offline. It's one of the options immediately given to everyone in the main menu. That, or they just want to co-op without being invaded, which is simply saying they only want *some* rules to apply to them. Of course none of their complaints should be taken seriously but you have to wonder what goes through their minds when they complain about something that they consent to as soon as they boot up the game and click that button in the main menu. "I went online, why am I now online?!"