Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

1 agility =artificial difficulty
2 it is only there to weaken early game players
3 praise the sun
Or you could just get at least 92 agility and never worry about it again......
Seriously i feel like half the people complaining about it never level it on purpose just to complain about it.
1. I do not view agility as artificial difficulty, it is a real game mechanic that makes sense to me.
2. Git Gud.
Learn what artificial difficulty means before spreading it's incorrect meaning. It's a stat encompassed by a core mechanic. Which EVERY RPG game has. If DeS or DS1 had agility you wouldn't think anything of it, you would level it and shut your mouth. Adjust to change you sun praising scumbro.
From soft should’ve changed your roll to a flip at high agility.
Basically a crutch for those who can't learn dodge timings.
I mean to some extent, but it needs to be levelled up at least somewhat so DaS2's broken hitboxed fon't wreck perfectly good dodges
AKA: git gud
What a pretentious stupid comment
Not really, because in DS1 you have 13 Invincibility Frames when fast rolling, but in DS2 if you don't level agility then you only have THREE for your fast roll. Even if you level agility to its ABSOLUTE maximum you get 16 Invincibility Frames which is barely more than what you START with in DS1. That also doesn't take into account the fact that enemies are much more erratic and quick in DS2, meaning you REALLY want more Invincibility Frames.
My advice to anyone struggling with starting iframes: get out before the swing comes. After you land a hit or two, make some distance before the enemy's attack comes in. I know this isn't always doable, but playing cautious at the start, then going more agressive later on, is a totally viable (and recommended) strat. Not every encounter has to be balls to the wall combat, with trying to dodge through hits. If you go for a heavier build, then you can probably block it and tank the damage, rather than take the full force for a failed roll. What I personally did, was learn to parry. I wouldn't recommend the parry strat to a new player though, as it can be hard to get a grasp on.

TL;DR Just back off whenever you can, or block the hit.
shield or die wihtout any agility. And stop pls giving flawed advice...it wont help those poor souls when they face a boss relentlessly hacking away at them. Or is your solution then get 2 helpers? Let others play your game? just go away...