Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

The name engraved ring doesn't seem to increase summon range for me. A friend and I have played through together, but I'm consistently 2-4 tiers above him, and depending on what it's at at the moment, I have to use the small soapstone to connect to him, even when using the ring. PC SoTFS, if that matters. Did they change how it works? I don't see any mention of it anywhere.
If your friend has defeated the boss in the area then only a small white soapstone can be used to co-op with him in that area. Its not perfect but at least the small white soapstone w/ engraved ring does allow for you to continue to show him around the area for hidden secrets/items long after a boss has been defeated. Hope this helps answer your question. Cheers!
Your friend also needs the ring I found out the hard way

IronSmith

Souls: 105.00
Wiki Edits: 4
This entire summon range thing is simply lazy work to avoid the effort of adjusting player attributes when summoned. They could've very well re-adjust every summoned player to a similar stat range of the host, but they chose to simply restrict the range of players that can be summoned. If you want to play with others (especially now that DSII has fewer players) you aren't allowed to farm pretty much anything. 50 Loyce souls easily grant you 1-2 mil. in the process in NG. The best part is that the soul lost at death is also counted into SM. So you can't 'dispose' the souls you don't want by dying. You gonna actively wear that damn ring in order to keep yourself on track. You know what I'm actually glad that the Soul Level range thing is back is DSIII. It's also bad, but this is worse.
Well, if gaining souls is a problem, you can wear the Agape Ring. It absorbs the souls that the player should gain, and you don't increase your soul memory.
That sounds really inconvenient, though? What with vitality and adaptability being the difference between a functioning warrior and an actual tortoise
I've came from dark souls 3. I liked this game too. but in this matchmaking system I can't use arrows or any consumables cause of getting into a disadvantaged tier.. how could you made a such bull*****system fromsoft? and why didn't you fix it yet.
Fromsoft didnt make this game so dont bm.
I'm playing SOTFS on PC. My nickname is King_Havel. SL 41 (16 million souls). Please reach me out if you need to farm sunlight medals or help me getting some for myself. Cheers!
disculpa sabes en que nivel puedo jugar mas rapido pvp
Holas!! Quisiera saber si tiene alguna clase de parche online para poder disfrutar el DS2 con amigos. Gracias!!
luckily for me, I don't use any consumables to pvp, so I just put the agape ring on and I'm safe from going to high in sm. I just save a few souls in case i break any of my gear.