Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

derp
it should be noted that giants are verrry weak to fire. pyromancies are best for taking them out
Isn't there one in Aldia's keep?
no, just giant's corpse
I tested this and it does not work anymore.
I just tried black gulch farming method on xbox 360 and it didn't work
For PC's this DOES work as of Patch 1.02. But only if you use the ascetic on the FIRST bonfire in Black Gulch, not the second.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 367,078.49
Bank: 8,612.71
Wiki Edits: 30475
I added that it does not work after patch 1.04 - It should work on unpatched game though.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

WTFDude

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,391.50
Spells
"WTF DO I DO I CAN'T PROGRESS" you can, just have to fight him at x32 deffence
Do I need then after I kill him?
Start over

KomuiKun

Souls: 75.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Just tried this and it didn't work.
Only have 3 giant souls. Didn't know I needed them to fight Vendrick. Gona fight him anyway. Wish me luck!
On the Xbox Version, you can farm Giant Souls from the two in the Black Gulch. Tested in calbration 1.15. I couldn't beat the Guardian Dragon, making all the Giant Souls but the one in the Black Gulch inaccesible, and am now farming from the Black Gulch so that I can fight Vendrick.
On the Xbox Version, you can farm Giant Souls from the two in the Black Gulch. Tested in calbration 1.15. I couldn't beat the Guardian Dragon, making all the Giant Souls but the one in the Black Gulch inaccesible, and am now farming from the Black Gulch so that I can fight Vendrick.
I don't want to fight the dragon either.
5 or six times and he just keeps killing me so wuicklt
remove this hint
Yup, just tried it today.
I took forever but I killed that old corpse.
I'm Rick Harrison...
Quickly*
WTF DO I DO I CAN'T PROGRESS
I just tried as well on the Xbox 360 and it didn't work either. I already have 4 Giant Souls, but I wanted one more. Oh well....
I took forever but I killed that old corpse.
Only have 3 giant souls. Didn't know I needed them to fight Vendrick. Gona fight him anyway. Wish me luck!
Optional. Content.
If a new NG cycle is started do you get new giant souls? Cause I used mine after killing vendeick thinking that they do and I am not sure now
Giant souls carry over in ng+ and can be gathered again n again each ng+ cycle. Killing the king is optional so you can always go back on the next play through
lul
***** dark souls
***** you
Will I need more souls on NG+ ?
No, once you've got five the rest are just consumables.
I just started playing this game a week or two ago, got to Vendrick and didn't know I needed all these giant souls. I had already used the one fr the Black Gulch giants and went back with a bonfire ascetic to try to get the soul again. I tried both bonfires separately just to be sure. After killing the THREE giants that now spawn, I received no special items.

I can say that, without a doubt, the bonfire ascetic technique doesn't work with the black gulch giants anymore.

How do they expect newcomers who *****ed up and used 2+ souls to know the necessity for them in killing the boss?? Surely there should be a way to get 4 or 5 without doing NG1...

Ridiculous.
Thats why vendrick is optional
That's kind of the nature of these games. Never crush or use special soul items unless you're absolutely sure you don't need them for anything else. Also with a sorted default inventory, the placement of the Soul of Giant away from any other similar items should have rung alarm bells.
Also: reading the item helps.
one. theres the internet the game has been out for 3 or more years
two. every souls game does this crap
three. research read the lore in the game ask around
WELCOME TO DARK SOULS
It seems like common sense to not just go and use an odd item you get, especially in a fantasy game.. Even if it seems useless, you never know.
Vendrick is optional. No one's entitled to get 100% completion on their first experience with the game.
its dark souls what did you expect, you can also beat him by getting a certain soul memory
unless you`ve never played any dark souls and are completely bad at nobody is ever using soul items. it`s hard enough to keep your soul memory low enough to actually join multiplayer as it is lol.
It's dark souls... Stop complaining, unequip your weapon, and fight him like a chosen undead should. With your fists. A month later, when you "win", and are ready to give up gaming forever because every other game is too easy now, you will be glad you spent all that time punching vendrick in the back of his knee. Then you will scoff at noobs too.
F why even hide behind armour and his knee. loin cloth, bare fisted and eye to eye. Like a true monarch, sure anyone could beat a lion in armour. Bare skinned and face to face, that's an accomplishment.
After beating Vendrick are te souls useful , I’m playing sotfs edition if it matters
Since you keep them in NG+ you can just safe yourself the hassle of obtaining them again.