Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I can't help but notice the locations whose Moon remains unchanged (Forbidden Woods, Hemwick, etc.) exist outside of Yharnam. Perhaps the Blood Moon is a localized effect only? It could be representative of the extent of the Moon Presence's influence. After all, do we think the whole world is experiencing this ghastly phenomena?

The Great Ones (Ebrietas in particular) have been show to manipulate time to some degree it's not a stretch that the Moon Presence could be affecting time locally. The Night of the Hunt may not be as long as a standard "Night" at all. It was said that this hunt would promise to be longer than usual, which I chalked up to how awful the experience is for the inhabitants, but perhaps they're referring to the actual, measurable duration of the night? Each subsequent "Night of the Hunt" may be longer than the one which preceded it.

This may also help explain why beasts evolved the way the did in Yharnam in comparison to outside locations. The Forbidden woods is an exception since it is composed of people chased out of Yharnam itself. Byrgenwerth is full of weird insectoids, Cainhurst is full of vampires, and Hemwick is practically untouched (full of strange witches who exhibit little to no beastly mutation).

Naturally, take these musings with a grain of salt.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 1,530.00
Bank: 76,984.50
Wiki Edits: 14645
Personally I believe the whole game to be a dream world.

You have no idea how many freaky things I've seen.
Shop IconShop Icon
The Hunt acts as a sort of time travel, allowing Hunters to experience the history of Yharnam firsthand, but only in fragments and not quite in order, likely through suggestive memory. This is a common trope in Lovecraft's works.

The moon in Bloodborne can also be thought of as the collective eye of the Great Ones, which is why the moon draws closer as the Night progresses, and as the Healing Church performs rituals in order to "beckon" their gaze. Violence and fear is likely what catches the attention of the Great Ones, or at least of Oedon, since Old Yharnam was the first location to capture the draw the red moon closer, but this is no longer the case in the time presented.

There's also the relation to menstruation and childbirth, a common theme throughout the game. The Hunters themselves are experiencing a sort of spiritual rebirth.
I think, this was going so well until the very last part. Loagarius wasn't Annalise's guardian. He wasn't able to kill her because she became immortal; he was an Executioner and used the crown to shroud Cainhurst so that no one would go there and become Vileblood. He was NOT of Cainhurst himself. Other than that this is actually really interesting, and I think that the Cainhurst nobles at least are related to the Pthumerians.
The one time I agreed with you on something appearing Freudian, you said it was a *****, when it was clearly a series of vaginas. The rune "Corruption" represents the loss of greatness with each generation of the Pthumerian-Cainhurst line, terminating in an infertile drop of blood. This "Corruption" began long before the creation of the Vilebloods, and likely refers to the Watchers and their sudden decision to be regarded as royalty as opposed to humble servants, as suggested by the Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice. This was the cause for the initial spurn of the Great Ones, preceding the Pthumerians' fall from grace into a lesser, more terrestrial form--human to our eyes, mere beasts to those of the forgotten age.
Well... first one: it's hard to read due all this mini-pictures and links. Literally painful for eyes. Second: too many ideas like "there are trees in bloodborne - tree is a symbol of satan in some comic - there are trees on shields in dark souls, now it's all clear!"
Someone on Reddit suggested, that 'Man in Red' on the portrait is actually Laurence. I like this idea, he even looks kinda similar to D H Lawrence.
Weeb
Can some one tell how come nobody talks about the right hand of the statue been cut off in all of the statues in cainhurst?

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Because that's not true, only the princess character is always missing her right arm.
Shop IconShop Icon

The_Kraven

Souls: 891.00
Wiki Edits: 175
I mean no offence since you're free to speculate and theorise away all you want, but as a long time user and contributor I deem it very annoying that the link to this page is shared in a lot of fextrawiki pages that YOU deem to be tied in to eachother with only your speculations and theories as a reason. This is a wiki so we base our info on facts and this is quite the burden to see this link on way to many pages, when it's based on your take instead of the actual ingame facts that ARE proven. I would kindly ask you to refrain from this as a fellow user and contributor.
It is quite annoying. I can go on about lore with the most of them, but this one long, meandering essay of Reed Richards-level stretching that is shoehorned into every real article on this wiki is so transparently self-aggrandizing and obnoxious.
Most of this isn't plot-relevant anyway, it's just, "hey this reminds me of that time in Berserk when..." or, "this looks like something out of Dark Souls, so this character from Dark Souls must be behind everything." References =/= lore. Then there are some areas that are just blatantly wrong, like the passage about Martyr Logarius. I can't fathom how someone could spend so much time writing such a pointless, rambling excuse of an analysis for a video game, and somehow never reach a conclusion anyway.
This entire page says nothing, and reaches no conclusions. I don’t understand how someone could work so long on something that is such an obvious waste of time

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Your parents might understand.
Shop IconShop Icon
lol butthurt rakuyo
Rakuyo is just a needy *****; Desiring attention and spreading***** on the walls to get it.