Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

One punch man + Zeppeli's zoom punch = Bloodletting beast

Jinga500

Souls: 50.00
I was surprised but with the way the headless is almost defensive in his last phase a +10 minigun with damp droplet bloodgems is an excellent way to finish the boss quickly and safely if your having trouble
"Dodge backwards" - No, dodge forward through his attacks, between his legs/ behind him. His range is not to underestimate, dodging backwards makes this fight harder.
I found dodging backwards was very effective for his long range punch. I found more times than not, I would get hit by it dodging forwards or to the side.
that punch one shots me every time. Must have gotten me half a dozen times already.
When he winds up for it, back up as far as you can and it'll usually miss. That attack gave me the most trouble before learning that it only has so much range (even if it is a long *** range)
"Alright guys, in Bloodborne you're meant to analyse an enemy's moves, react fast and aim to land parries with your gun. Okay, so for this next boss we're going to make him so big the camera will be up his *** the entire fight, his attacks will hit hard as***** and he can't be parried"
sounds like most bosses tbh.
First attempt: ok, my whip and like 5 vials got him to a sliver of his health. Easy. Next 20 attempts: somehow the hit box of his headless stare is one-shotting me...
Boss took me about eight minutes, be very patient and stay calm. Don’t panic and don’t dodge-spam, dodge into his swipes and stay close to his legs. Don’t stay underneath him for too long, especially during the second phase.

Outcast674

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
This would help if my camera wasnt up his *** even if im unlocked
This. I've noticed a LOT of the larger beast bosses get stupid when you're behind or under them. Staying behind/near the legs of bloodletting beast is an effective strategy.
Probably my favourite dungeon boss. Super fun to fight, and very fair challenge IMO. Also, as a tip, Call Beyond works _very_ well on him. But yeah, he might have few pretty bs hitboxes, but over-all, I found him to be very fair mechanically. Just stay close to his legs and learn to read when he does the stomp or ground-slam and you're going to be a-okay. And the headless version is, in my opinion, in a way perhaps even a bit easier, since when he does that blood rain move, it's very easy to dodge under him, which will make all the projectiles miss you and get you like 6 free hits. And he does that move fairly often, especially if you bait him to do it by going bit farther away. Oh, and another tip: don't try to get away to heal, just dodge an attack as you normally would and use the attack window as a healing opportunity. You don't want him to do any of the mid-to-long range moves such as the punch or hand sweep.

AutumnDusk_Wolf

Souls: 50.00
Mechanically, I'd agree he's fair, but in execution... he's kind of a pain (I got very rage-y, however you spell that, fighting him, since he's the second-to-last chalice boss to fight, which is probably why so many other people are so short on patience fighting him, as well; I mean, I the headed variety seemed perfectly fine to me...), especially his delayed punch and supernaturally long reach... it's a bit tricky. I agree with your analysis of how to fight him, though. That's pretty much exactly what I did. It just took me 2 hours to figure it out...
Totally disagree. The guy knocks you around just by walking. It doesn't do any damage but prevents you from having much control of your character. Very boring.

Outcast674

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
This probably would be one of my favs if the camera wasnt up his a$$ half the time to the point where you cant rrad his attacks
Sir you're a madman
Stand near his legs ? But his legs hit me too wtf...
for melee builds, you want to stand on his left side next to his left leg. all of his arm sweep attacks will miss you here. there are 3 you need to worry about. for his stomp-jumpback, he only does it with his right foot so it won't hit you, but you need to reposition as soon as possible. for the ground slam, roll away from him when it connects and you should escape the AOE. for his horizontal turning swipe, he'll take a step right before it which staggers you but doesn't do damage, and that should be your cue to roll. just keep pounding on his left leg and it will occasionally break and you can get a visceral. also use fire paper