Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Don't you think ? For me, it seems to be something close of this particular weapon.
I don't understand what this has to do with the dragon tooth, is it because they're both made from an enemy?
It's untransformed mode has a very similar feel to the dragon tooth. Basically a club made from an enemy and the move set is "crush, crush, crush"
So I went to dungeon 8i29rqz3, and instead of there being the bath messengers, patches was there instead. It would seem that once you befriend patches he replaces the bath messengers in dungeons, and his items don't cost anymore than buying it from the dungeon messengers.

Andytan24

Souls: 50.00
Ok so the funniest thing happened to me, not sure if this is a bug or not.

I was on Hunter's Nightmare on the Old Hunter's DLC, going through the dark cave where the Amygdalan Arm supposed to be, fought the hunter with the gatling gun inside the cave, beat him and proceed to accidentaly agrroed the BSB guarding the Amygdalan Arm.

Since i dont have enough blood vial i decided to just back away but i noticed that the BSB slowly catching up to me and it followed me until the blood river area, it even fought with every remaining bloodsucking beast on that area that i didnt kill and they did a good job shaving the BSB's HP to about 2/5

After all that it followed me again, walking slowly, as i backed away also slowly, getting past Simon the NPC, and finally through the shortcut to the Cathedral Lamp which couldnt fit the BSB, so i used multiple charged attack with my Ludwig's Holy Blade and killed it in safety. EZ!
The charge R2 is a beautiful thing in PVE
I think mine is broken.i used a charged 2attack in the transformed mode,and it worked kinda. But now its stuck extended and wont come back. I tried resetting the game, and even switching weapons but when i re equipt it and transform it it gets stuck after te first attact and stays that way. Ive invested a lot of bloodstones into this weapon so i would really hate to end up selling it. Any ideas?
lol nope
Have you tried to use an Uncanny or Lost version to see if it's the same?
mate, your L1 is broken
What a fantastic weapon, doesn't get enough credit. First off it really does stunlock most PvE enemies in club mode with R1 spam. But it's the other moves that compliment it so much. Yes the transformed mode has unbelievable range but backstep to R2 is a great forward stabbing motion, almost like a spear stab, good for finishing something off. The running R2 in club mode is an extremely quick uppercut swing with stagger. Transformed running R2 is a 360 spinning motion. The standing R2 tap while transformed has just as much use as the awesome R2 charge and the R1, L1 from club mode that is probably the most reliable switch hit in the game.
You are a saint! I never realized the running R2 attack! I forget I can do those a lot for some reason XD

SquidKnight

I agree. It's a great weapon imo as well. The versatility is nice, by that I just mean that it has both single target stun potential and good crowd control potential when transformed.
This weapon reminds me of the Gargoyle Tail Axe, it's a qwuirky and fun weapon to use but actually works too, I finally found a replacer for my stupid beginner weapons.

SquidKnight

Not one of the "beginner" weapons are bad at all. Weapons don't really work like that in soulsborne games.
Now that I think about it, isn't the Amygdalan Arm placed directly below the fossilized Amygdala you find on the bridge after going through the tunnel to the right of the Nightmare Grand Cathedral? Not that I think it belongs to it, but maybe this implies that a dead Amygdala sort of acts like a phoenix, reviving itself as a newborn. Maybe this could be true of other Great Ones, too.

The other possibility is that Amygdalae form from the mold that sprouts from coldblood, or perhaps it was once a creature that ingested this blood. I wonder if the writers felt partially inspired by Terence McKenna's theory that psychedelic mushrooms assisted in the evolution of the human brain, granting us abstract thought.
Oh, and plus, in the ending where you defeat the Moon Prescence, when you become a Great One you appear as an arm. :o
this McKenna fella must been hitting "psychedelic mushrooms" a little to hard if you ask me
You domt appear as an arm you appear as a worm like slug similar to the ones all over the fishing hamlet and the ones above in upper yharnam. Or to further the point...Kos.
Uhm... maybe late to the party but did anyone notice this basically doubles your visceral attack power with it out? and that it stacks with Clawmark runes?

regardless of mode, even. as long as it is your active weapon. Notice while farming blood vials and bullets from the 2 executioners near the Nightmare Church lantern. My fully upgraded Burial Blade may have done more raw damage, but it only did about 1000 or so VA damage. equipped the Arm and suddenly doing 2000ish.

Later played the Hintertombs and fought the BSB at the end, parried and use VA while having the Arm out this time with the two Clawmark runes I have, and did nearly 4000 damage with a VA

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 388.00
Bank: 55,860.00
Wiki Edits: 12155
This likely has to with your Blood Gems. It's not the Amygdalan Arm that has good viscerals, your other weapons have bad viscerals.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Visceral+Attack
Nope. Check your gems. It's your gems, not the weapon itself. Stop spreading misinformation. You aremt experienced enough with this hame noob.

Rakuyo

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 388.00
Bank: 55,860.00
Wiki Edits: 12155
STFU anon
How can the arm be inspiration for the burial blade, when the burial blade was made before the amygdalan arm
They mean it's inspired lore-wise, i.e. Gehrman saw an amygdala and he made a weapon based on its arms.

The_Succulent_Gamer

Souls: 0.00
the amygdalan arm is in the hunters nightmare that based on the timeline happens before the normal world. we can see this with lady maria who is the older cousin of the vileblood queen even though maria is so much younger (maria is also the inspiration that gernham used for the doll) but the arm itself is the arm of a young lesser amygdala that died at a young age then after some time of decay and rot a warrior (back when heavy armor was used) found the arm and sharped someone of the bones to that of a sickle when gernham started to employ light armor for mobility and speed he was offerd the arm as a weapon but being that it didnt fit the new style he created the burial blade, the arm was later neglected and lost only later to be found by you the hunter. that is also the reason why no other entety in the game use this weapon -Succ
The only thing wrong with The_Succulent_Gamer's comment is that in (at least one) Chalice Dungeon's there is Madman Wallar who uses it when helping you fight. But mad men are...lorewise, not 100% seen as hunters? I'm not sure but I know he uses one
The Madmen were originally Tomb Prospectors deployed by the Healing Church to explore the chalice dungeons, but unfortunately were driven mad and became lost within. Remember that Forgotten Madman carries Ludwig's Holy Blade and Ludwig's Rifle. Wallar is another Tomb Prospector that lost his mind, then probably killed a young Amygdala and plucked its arm to use as a weapon.