Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Common locations (for Chalice farming)
Radial Gems: Pthumeru
Triangular Gems: Isz
Waning Gems: Loran
Circular Gems: Bloodlickers (Visceral attack everything, revisit rooms for decent chances of encounter.)
Additionally I recommend Root chalice diving due to high chances for ornate doors. (which lead to mini-bosses & gold coffins)

Outside of chalices it is also possible to find gems that are dependent on the enemies they drop from. (For example snakes in the garden er-forest I mean drop gems with slow poison buildup. )
Droplets: too rare for consistent location, you're better-off finding gems to match the slots you have available in most situations.
There's one kind of Bloodgem missing from this list. I got a pulsating bloodgem from a random Bagman in the Lower Pthumeru Chalice once. I dont know any locations besides that but surely someone else has encountered them? Their effect seems to solely be HP regen.
The shark Giants from the DLC routinely drop damp bloodtinge gems of a relatively high level (+14-22% blood atk up, +5-10 flat blood atk) and even some tempering damp bloodtinge gems rarely (+8-14% physical atk, +8-14% blood atk up)

Eisendrache

Souls: 50.00
you get the gold blood gem for selecting the "use" over Vicar Amelia after she drops her gold pendant.
For anyone who is wondering, you can get a cursed cold abyssal blood gem (65+ arcane scaling) from the last boss (pthumeru elder) from this chalice: 6fsa5tyt.
What if u put two elemental gem types on a weapon and the weapon was t converted to an arcane scaling weapon.But is still able to do the % elemental damage from the gem.Ex:add atk%+add fire atk along with add atk%a long with add bolt atk.Do they cancel out or do u do both damage?
Either the bigger takes over or the first one places takes over

Drake713

Souls: 20.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I scoured all three Bloodborne wikis as well as Reddit for glyphs and the details about those glyphs. Then I checked every single one of them to see if they were still active, some of them twice just to make sure they were really dead. This is what I came up with; the fastest paths to all the Runes and Lost / Uncanny weapons as well as all the gem farming glyphs that are still active. Enjoy! docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O8N7xnoSS935oL6eqfqDngmK0bUqqYpy1Ytoc5_cwwQ
Someone please tell me the difference in "tier" and "rating" when it comes to this wiki. Ex. Says I can find tier 6-7 fire blood gems from beasts in frontier but I'm only finding (2)'s but rating says 6 or 7. is tier the same thing as rating or what???
The rating determines the tier. For example, a gem with a rating of 18 will be a tier 6, while a gem with a rating of 2 will be tier 1, a gem with a rating of 9 will have a rating of 3 and so on.
I've just got a Tempering Abyssal Blood Gem (non cursed, rating 20) which is missing in this list. Dropped by final boss in Pthumeru Ihhyl Root with foetid and rotten offerings.

Reifin

Souls: 60.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Is Winter Lantern the best way to farm Blood Gem without going to Chalice Dungeon?