Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

20.5lbs. HOLY *****, this thing is HEAVY!
Would you expect anything less from a shield used by a giant?
Well, Havel Greatshield is heavier...
Do they use fu****g imperial system?
It doesn't increase poise by a flat amount, it has weird scaling and poise appears to have diminishing returns.

With no armour on it increases poise by 45, but (initially says it will increase it by 69.75.)
With no armour and Wolf Ring +1 it increases poise from 17.50 to 54.62, an increase of about 37 (initially saying it will increase it to 75.04)

With full Artorias/Wolf Knight armour and Wolf Knight Ring +1 it increase poise from 31.62 to 62.39, an increase of 31. (initially saying it will increase to 79.31)

Without the ring, Yhorm's shield increases poise from 17.11 to 54.41 an increase of about 37. (initially saying it will increase to 74.93)

At 0 poise you get 45, but as your poise increases that amount goes down. Before equipping it might be bugged as it never shows how much poise you will actually have and is much greater than 45, or whatever bonus you do get.
After a little more experimenting, turns out the hovering increase (not equipped but looking at stats) is bugged if you have Ring of Favor equipped.
I have equipped Yhorm's Greatshield before and my poise went from 14.88 to 74.88, implying a 60 poise increase... Either A) it differs from PC and console, B) I have an unknown character affect, C) the article is wrong, or D) it's a bug.

I am not sure but I think that it's supposed to be 60. Correct me if I'm wrong.
With Regulation Version 1.05, the poise is increased by 45 only.
I have not upgraded it by the way.

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 167.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 710
+0 73
+1 74
+2 75
+3 ?
+4 ?
+5 ?

Agurzil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 167.00
Bank: 15,670.00
Wiki Edits: 710
+3 75
Man takes up the sword to protect the small injuries that burdened his heart, on a distant day beyond his memories.
Man wields the sword to die with a smile on his face, on a distant day beyond his dreams.
The increase would make me use this shield almost exclusively if it wasn't for poise doing literally nothing as of now. It makes heavier weapons and armor near pointless as you tend to get stun locked before you can even get that first swing finished which is something your high poise from your armor is supposed to prevent.
You have hyper armor for that.
Speculation (that's what you do with ds lore amirite?): there's little information on yhorm so let's assume From wants us to make connections. Yhorm is visually similar to the ds2 giants (as opposed to the other "native" giants and his shield mentions he's a vanguard. Therefore I speculate yhorm was the vanguard in the war on drangleic and the lost one the shield references is possibly the giant king.
He actually looks nothing like DS2 giants. He resembles only a Giant Lord, but does not have anus face. Why DS2 giants have anus faces is a matter of another speculation though
Although his hood makes it look like yhorm has an typical DS2 giant face, you can seen red eyes and DS2 giants don't have any eyes inside of that hole
partly yes, partly no. seems FROM had this in mind originaly with him but then decided to avoid doing too much DS2 references and tweaked appearence and lore.
Does stability reduce the % of stamina?

Meaning an enemy hits with 120 stamina 50Stability makes it 60 Stamina loss?
It does work while it is on your back

Mekren

Souls: 170.00
Starting a machete/greatshield build, I'm wondering which one to take in NG from Yhorm's soul. Does the poise bonus of the shield work when you have it on your back ? Two-handed hyperarmor with some poise on the regular great machete is pretty ***** good, it would definitely be a point to get the greatshield first if this works like shield of want effect...

Dust117

Souls: 65.00
Poise doesn't really work in dks3. Go with the machete and dragonslayer greatshield. You'll destroy everything.

SunbroLegion

Souls: 50.00
The only real bonus other than the poise is the 100% block rating. In other words, the only real bonus is the 100% block rating. In other words, chose the kite shield instead if you don't feel like carrying a useless hunk of butthurt metal that will add 800% on your weight load
It has super high stability, so you will lose less stamina when guarding. It also has high deflection for PvE which is OP. Those are the advantages over the kite.
It's giving me a stat below my stamina bar what is it ?
It's probably the poise buff you get from Yhorm's Greatshield. Try unequipping the machete and seeing if it is still there - if yes, then it's that.