Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this, but the passive speed increase for casting seems to effect other chimes/talismans/weapons on hand that can cast miracles.

I noticed this when I went to go test out how fast it casts compared to other chimes/talismans, so I had the Bellvine in one hand and the Rose of Ariandel in the other. For some reason, they casted miracles with the same speed. Switching away the Bellvine, the cast time for miracles with just the Rose took longer to pull off until I re-equipped the Bellvine in my offhand.
Post proof please! Would be amazing if this is true!

motionScientist

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
It's always been that way. As long as the bellvine is currently held on either hand, virtual dex is set to 40. Also, this doesn't affect just miracle catalysts, sorcery catalysts and pyromancy flames also benefit from the increased casting speed.
I can confirm this.
I´ve tested it with Clerics Sacred in main and bellvine in off-hand. I used the Emit Force miracle as reference(cuz it´s quite slow).

I cannot give numbers but the difference is seen with bare eyes easily. As soon as the Bellvine is in the offhand it´s casted much faster. Equipping the Sages Ring on top has diminishing returns. Noticable, but not that much. The few frames more could be interesting for PvP but vor PvE I´d rather use a ring that bootsts faith or miracles.
This vs Sage Ring +2, can we get an actual numbers comparison somehow?
Sage Ring +2 gives you +40 virtual Dex, the Bellvine caps casting speed, so it's +50. however, you most likley have at least 10 dex on your character anyway. so it's your decision if you prefer a higher spell buff (use sage ring and a better talisman/chime) or an additional ring slot (use bellvine). OR you have a DEX/FTH character with at least 50 dex, then you don't need neither of them ;)
The Witch tree branch has a similar affect. In that case meaning its the same as the Sage Ring, not the Sage Ring +2

20 Dex + Bellvine would be what you need
QUESTION

Will this cast gentle prayer (the special ability) any faster than a normal chime?

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
Nope. Gentle Prayer isn't a spell, it isn't affected.
i Have a question, if i want to use this chime only to have high speed casting to buff spells that dont scale or scale bad with spell power and i have 15 faith (i needs 18 fth for the chime) will affect the speed? or only the spell power? if is only the spell power then i will stay at 15 instead of 18, that would save me 3 points. please someone knows?

robjoneill

Casual
Convict

Souls: 880.00
Wiki Edits: 166
Updated spellbuff vs faith, casting speed buff = sage +2, video proof provided, also some rewording.

robjoneill

Casual
Convict

Souls: 880.00
Wiki Edits: 166
Video of speed comparison with sage rings 0/1/2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVx2gHP6TM

bukharajones

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,486.00
Wiki Edits: 9
So this works when equipped in a slot for miracles, too, freeing a slot for a ring other than the sage ring?

bukharajones

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,486.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Ah, a more close reading says, yes, indeed. :D

Vapeila

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 75.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 5
„Looted from a tree stump in Cathedral of the Deep, close to the bonefire.“
<3
thats too good to correct
Not noticing a faster speed for Corona. Yes, I know it's not a great spell, but it's a pure roleplay one.
No, Miracles can't be casted at a faster rate. Bell vine is for Faith and Intelligence builds... Shield hand the Bellvine and use a Catalyst in the Weapon Hand... High Attunement as well needed, to cast certain miracles like, maybe Lightning Stake and using Homing Soul Mass...
"Bell vine is for Faith and Intelligence builds"... Sorry for using faith for miracles. You're a reason why miracle spellcaster PvPers are a joke. Offensive miracles benefit from spellcasting speeds.
Contrary to what this wiki page states, I do not believe the speed buff applies if this is worn on hip. Based on my speed tests, it has to be held in (either) hand.
As long as it's equipped in either hand when two handing a staff/talisman/chime the speed boost will apply regardless you're probably to stupid too even notice