Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

She Has Hidden Dialogue
Unsubtitled, probably talking to herself, but interesting nonetheless. Open up the levelup screen with her and you can hear her mumbling something in English in the background. She said a lot of things - I had a hard time understanding it, but I did catch a phrase that said 'power beyond human ken' or something. Anyone hear the whole dialogue?
I have heard the mumbling, but never concentrated on the dialogue, I will next time
Let these souls withdrawn from their vessels,

manifestations of disparity,

elucidated by fire,

burrow deep within me,

retreating to a darkness beyond the reach of flame.

Let them assume a new master,

inhabiting ash,

casting themselves upon new forms.

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 526.00
Bank: 6,365.00
I think its another chant of some kind
beautiful Fire Keeper

Lynx

Souls: 50.00
indeed
When you do the legion etiquette, she cringes
she'll probably say "...Kill me, and strip these eyes from my person."
lol
I think you misunderstood. Legion Etiquette is basically saying "i'm going to kill you" in a polite way. That's why she looks away - you're basically making a death-threat to her.

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

isn't that the same as holding a fingergun to her? I'm pretty sure its a death threat
I still don't get it...so when you give her the fire keeper soul, the dark sigil thingy will heal or what? and what does it trigger?!?!
She becomes ABLE to heal the dark sigil. It doesn't have any other effect.
Healing the dark sigil costs you the amount of souls required for 5 levels.
Some say it's the 5 levels ahead. Some say it's the previous 5 levels. I say a lot of souls.
And it reverses the hollowing, you look like a normal human again
Step 1: Give the Fire Keeper the soul
Step 2: Pay the Fire Keeper an ungodly amount of souls
Step 3: The Dark Sigils are "healed", or removed from your inventory, and you no longer gain hollowing. All of your hollowing is also cured.

If you don't die too much, it would be easier to just buy purging stones and use them whenever you hollow.
so what if you do the ‘point down’ gesture
She calls you a scrub
She becomes salty
She tells you she has a headache?
still wondering why she's using that crown to close her eyes, and why there's blood on her hands ?
And why there're lot of corpses of firekeeper in the tower where Iriana sit as firekeeper ?
Oh yes, why Iriana still got her eyes when she become firekeeper ?
english? can you read it???

Tzhin

Souls: 151.00
Is that language not english ? Maybe all u need just answer his/her question dude
The bell tower is the grave of the fire keepers, so maybe Irina goes there to die. She has eyes, but she's blind, and she isn't a full fire keeper, because she doesn't tend to a flame.

The crown is probably just to cover her eyes, but as seen in the opening cinematic, there is darkness in the crown the fire keeper uses to cover her eyes, so there may be more to it, such as the fact that the fire keepers aren't meant to see light.

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

I think she outright lacks eyes; that sash is covering her holes
There is not much to support my claims, but I would say that the marks on her hands are burns. Personally, I believe the whole Firelink Shrine and the people there exist outside of time, thus Andre. We know that there exists an actual Firelink Shrine in Lothric and that the only one living there is the old lady. Maybe, the whole Shrine is the final endeavor of the universe to revert back to the age of fire. We know that time had already started becoming convoluted from the first installment, so there is a possibility the Firelink Shrine in DS3 is, like, a perfectly constructed dimension of sorts to make the reversion to normal of the world possible. Plus, in the DLC, a similar thing has happened to the Ringed City. I deem the actual reality is the one we see at the Kiln of the First Flame, the world having collapsed in on itself, the Ringed City is an attempt of a Goddess to recreate life, albeit illusory and the Firelink Shrine, a place existing outside of reality created by the will of the lords that sacrificed themselves to link the flame, the Fire Keeper being the fusion of the souls of all past Fire Keeper. Sounds logical (partially, at least) to me.

Tzhin

Souls: 151.00
well, all u need just answer his question dude
I wish that you can marry the fire keeper in the game

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

given that such things entail a - rather symbolic - ramming of a sword into your partner's face, I wouldn't recommend that
You can't kill her yiu can't marry then besides she is there for us

Yuki_of_Dusk

Souls: 50.00
So, she's in Firelink Shrine, right? Well, I haven't played 3 yet, so I gotta ask: What happened to the Fire keeper from Dark Souls 1?
This takes place a LONG time after Dark Souls, so she is dead by now.
Its another firelink
So is she human or something else?

thegourd

Hollowed
Redeemer

I think she's human, blind but human
Some speculate she is something otherworldly like a demon or angel
As evidenced by the corpses in the tower, the fire keepers are able to die and stay dead. Leads me to believe that if they're not human, they're at least not undead. Probably human since why would another race care enough about humans to hang around a bunch of them while blind.
Well, Irina seems to be pretty much a human, and she seems to have trained to become a Fire Keeper, so it's likely that our Firekeeper too might have been at least originally human too. As for her undying nature, her existence must be simply very linked to us Unkindled ones, so she will not die untill she fulfills her role, magic (it's hardly something pertinent with their true nature, since all other iterations of Fire Keepers can die without problems). An alternative would be something like the Milfanitos from the Shrine of Amana, tho they're very mortal.
I'd say she's human and the only reason she comes back to life is because of gameplay mechanics.