The place to discuss Lords of The Fallen.
Wiki: Visit the LOTF wiki
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Souls: 2,509.54
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 460
Rather than take over the impressions thread, here's the Adventures in Skarekrowing thread where I'll post musings and anecdotes on the game. Obviously there'll be LOTS of spoilers...

For my first entry here, we start off after the Worshiper fight. I have some fancy catacombs connected to the graves I defeated that guy in or the portal the dude I apparently found finally wants me to go in.

The catacombs' enemies suggest "maybe not right yet" so I enter the portal.

Find the Smithy guy and finally an NPC I'm compelled to want to know more about.

So far here's my impressions of the NPCs I've interacted with:
-Guy who I think sprung me from somewhere. Game tells me to hurry so he doesn't die. I find him and he's fine, suggesting urgency is a lie. He tells me to do things which is helpful, but provides little in the way of motivation. Hopefully that's coming...
-Red Sonja/Xena/Stereotypical medieval female. The Mistress of Fetch Quests
-Poisoned dude who I helped out. Why did he need the bottle? The glass has no therapeutic value. Seriously guy! Like, WTF... Did he chug my potion and then smash the bottle like an Old West Gunslinger getting ready for a bar fight? What an ***hole

So NPCs aside, I loved seeing enemy variety increase in the new area. The doge enemies really press the need to dodge. The tree looking dude was cool. Found my first mage and that took some serious adjusting to.

Started playing around with Runes. Tried poison gauntlet which was surprisingly easy to trigger, then realized why. It's the same damage as a straight shot, but over time. Swapped the poison to Fate, my trust ax, rather than the straight +8 damage I had from another rune. Now THAT seems worthwhile.

Finally, a game where poison...I dunno...WORKS

ATTENTION EVERY OTHER GAME WITH POISON EVER!!!

Learn from Lords of the Fallen. Why have something in the game if it does nothing? Ok, ok...Elder Scrolls games have sometimes allowed for potent poison effects, but the point stands. Useful status effects are fun.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

I finally got back to playing and have been worried I won't be able to finish the game before 10/25. I only get a couple hours a night, and during football season, generally three weeks a night are relax and watch the night game.

I ran around a bit experimenting and got a nice fire run, which I placed in my gauntlet. Figured I'd see what it did. I was shocked that it did damage over time like poison, and even MORE shocked that it had a nice first impact damage THEN DoT, unlike poison blasts which were only DoT.

So with a fire buffed gauntlet and Fate doing some quick strikes with poison added, I've been a liiiiiiiiittle overpowered I think. I can't even count how many enemies died while I did my usual short backpedal to replenish stamina/energy. While I'm going defense, they're still dying...rapidly.

I found Infiltrator and took that guy out first try. I was surprised to get an orange drop so I checked the wiki.

While I was there, I allowed myself the spoiler of a "boss count" to see about how much more of the game I have left to go. I counted 7 more, which compared to the four I've beaten seems like "not a lot." So then I figured I'd check how many more locations I have yet to go and that also seems like "not a lot."

I wasn't initially planning on going for Platinum or trying more classes, but if I keep playing consistently I think it might be an easy thing to do (relatively speaking)
VIP

skarekrow13

(Many Other Functions)

Final update probably. I was originally planning on beating the game before the DS3 DLC dropped.

As I've noted before, during football season I often lose up to three nights of video game time a week to watch that. The four nights a week I COULD have been playing should have been enough to platinum this game. However, I'm finding that on my "not football" nights, I'm not running to the console to start it up.

With less than a week to go now, I've made the decision to check out some other games from the Plus catalog instead. Lords is a very solid game. In my opinion, it's more fun and "better" than many other big names in the realm of medieval fantasy.

Despite quite obvious distinctions from the Souls series, it suffers the "fatal" flaw of being "Not Souls." When there's medieval fantasy that (for me) is on a whole 'nother playing field, it's just difficult to fully embrace other titles.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 339,864.49
Bank: 8,527.71
Wiki Edits: 27395
Yeah I think that the similarities to souls hurt it because people start comparing it to something else.
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon