Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.
1 
Reply  
Avatar

Pure_Souls

Casual
Convict

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:23 pm
Location: Canafornia, of course.
Souls: 637.00
Bank: 1,383.00
Posts: 51
Reputation: 28
Wiki Edits: 20
#1
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

A Visceral Attack is defined as the special critical attack performed after backstabbing (using Augur of Ebrietas or a Charged Attack on an enemy's back to put them into a vulnerable state) or parrying an enemy (using Augur of Ebrietas or gunfire to stagger an enemy during an attack and put them into a vulnerable state), in which the player shoves their hand into the enemy's torso or head and rips a large hole in the victim. This form of attack has very high damage potential and is terribly deadly. Visceral Damage is Determined by a Variety of Factors Blood Level increases ...
Avatar

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,222.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 5570
Reputation: 269
Wiki Edits: 3
#2
Wow, very nice info my friend.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."
VIP
Avatar

Emergence

Sovereign
Jovian

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Jupiter
Souls: 145,557.00
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 7373
Reputation: 166
Wiki Edits: 25927
#3
Yeah the comprehensiveness of these guides always impress me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

JohnnyHarpoon

Revived
Savior

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Zanzibar Land
Souls: 263.00
Bank: 18,518.50
Posts: 2695
Reputation: 95
Wiki Edits: 22
#4
crazy that there aren't really diminishing returns on the Skill Multiplier
"We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future."
Avatar

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 am
Location: Soul of the Mind
Souls: 501.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 1274
Reputation: 68
Wiki Edits: 9
#5
JohnnyHarpoon wrote:crazy that there aren't really diminishing returns on the Skill Multiplier


I'm wondering if this guide actually took data at every level or created a linear prediction formula. If it was actually taken at every level then yes that is nice; otherwise it could diminish if the prediction is wrong.

Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth...
Blasphemous murderers... Blood-crazed fiends.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am
Souls: 45,569.50
Posts: 6980
Reputation: 702
Wiki Edits: 565
#6
Two additional things:

1) There is a third way to initiate a visceral attack, normally restricted to large bosses or boss-like enemies. Against enemies with breakable parts (always the ones too large to parry or backstab), one or two of these parts will put the enemy into a staggered state and make them vulnerable to viscerals for a few seconds. Usually this is the head, but some exceptions like both of Amelia's hind legs or the church giant's exposed shinbones do exist.

2) Beasthood will also boost the damage of visceral attacks when it's active, as it does with all physical damage. A meter with 300+ Beasthood will increase visceral attacks by a large margin (as I show in this video), and I've seen a video where someone managed a 5-digit visceral attack on the Moon Presence. If Beasthood's 70% boost fully applies to visceral attacks, then your 8856AR maximum could be pushed up to 15,055AR with >300 Beasthood in the meter. I also wonder if serration/holy damage applies to viscerals? I haven't tested for that, unfortunately.

I also think it's worth mentioning that visceral attacks don't use the weapons own base damage or scaling modifiers, since that's a very common misconception. This would also explain why scaling gems didn't seem to have any effect on visceral damage.

Side note, I knew visceral attacks counted as physical damage, but had no idea they were thrust damage specifically. Snazzy.
Avatar

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 am
Location: Soul of the Mind
Souls: 501.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 1274
Reputation: 68
Wiki Edits: 9
#7
TSMP wrote:Two additional things:

1) There is a third way to initiate a visceral attack, normally restricted to large bosses or boss-like enemies. Against enemies with breakable parts (always the ones too large to parry or backstab), one or two of these parts will put the enemy into a staggered state and make them vulnerable to viscerals for a few seconds. Usually this is the head, but some exceptions like both of Amelia's hind legs or the church giant's exposed shinbones do exist.


You can wear down Amygdala's glowing arm to stagger as well.

Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth...
Blasphemous murderers... Blood-crazed fiends.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Avatar

JohnnyHarpoon

Revived
Savior

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Zanzibar Land
Souls: 263.00
Bank: 18,518.50
Posts: 2695
Reputation: 95
Wiki Edits: 22
#8
zgillet wrote:I'm wondering if this guide actually took data at every level or created a linear prediction formula. If it was actually taken at every level then yes that is nice; otherwise it could diminish if the prediction is wrong.


considering they seemingly hit BL200 to discover that Visceral AR capped there, i'd say there was plenty of room for SKL to hit 99 along the way. still can't be 100% obviously, but it seems logical enough
"We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future."
Avatar

zgillet

Insomniac
Sinner

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:15 am
Location: Soul of the Mind
Souls: 501.50
Bank: 0.00
Posts: 1274
Reputation: 68
Wiki Edits: 9
#9
JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
zgillet wrote:I'm wondering if this guide actually took data at every level or created a linear prediction formula. If it was actually taken at every level then yes that is nice; otherwise it could diminish if the prediction is wrong.


considering they seemingly hit BL200 to discover that Visceral AR capped there, i'd say there was plenty of room for SKL to hit 99 along the way. still can't be 100% obviously, but it seems logical enough


They're crazy enough :thumbs up:

Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth...
Blasphemous murderers... Blood-crazed fiends.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP
Avatar

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Japan
Souls: 381,653.49
Bank: 9,052.71
Posts: 13388
Reputation: 743
Wiki Edits: 32450
#10
Fantastic research and presentation. We Bloodborne fans are lucky to have you guys around
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
1