Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

Pure_Souls

Casual
Convict

Souls: 637.00
Bank: 1,383.00
Wiki Edits: 20
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

The Labyrinth Madmen in Bloodborne, aka Sages, drop some of the best gems in the game. How good are they? Scary good. Some of them exceed 44% in total benefits when both effects activate. They're not easy to obtain though, and matching up those 2 perfect effects you want can take a very long time. This guide details where to find these gems and the potential effects you can get on any given gem. Because they are labeled Beasts in the game, you can use powerful Beasthunter gems against them to great effect. They are also weak to Fire and ...

MrMadJackTheJester

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,430.50
This is really interesting. Sadly I've never been able to get myself to Pthumeru Ihyll, since I can't kill Ebrietas, and I refuse to summon on my first kill of her.
Confederate!

dumbcommentbro

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,550.00
You can get there without isz. But a couple tips for Ebrietas A) bait the head slam and smash her face, the 2 handed charged attack on Ludwig's blade will do crazy dmg if you're build can use it. B) when she does the lasers in her second phase don't dodge, just unlock and run around in a big circle. C) her charge attack is very hard to dodge and requires 2 well timed and aimed dashes, its hard to explain u have to get a feel for it.

Oh and obviously lots of points in skill plus clawmarks.

Jansports

Revived
Savior

Souls: 67.50
Bank: 1,997.50
The Dream of a Full Set of Fire%/Beast% For my Cleaver on an Arcane build is nearing reality.

It's too bad that there's no way the 31 odd arcane could compete with 68 cursed for Parasite,
VIP

PrimeraEspada91

Lifetime Subscriber
Absolute Zero

Souls: 17,317.50
Wiki Edits: 1753
Does OP has a pic on the arc on arc gem? thats the only one i dont have; havent seen arc as a primary nor secondary besides the arc % with arc flat from brainsuckers. I didnt think they existed since i didnt find them.
What could have been, what should have been, is nothing more than a feverishly sweet dream left unshared.
Shop IconShop Icon

kettpower

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,571.00
Wiki Edits: 32
PrimeraEspada91 wrote:Does OP has a pic on the arc on arc gem? thats the only one i dont have; havent seen arc as a primary nor secondary besides the arc % with arc flat from brainsuckers. I didnt think they existed since i didnt find them.

Great work as always. And I'd also like to see one of these. Real pro's have two: one with stamina consumption up for PVE and one with ATK vs. Beast/Kin down for PVP - welcome to BB, where farming never ends... Just kidding, tbh I may be a bit salty as I'm currently in the process of making another ARC build and I'd already be happy with an useful ARC % + flat ARC triangle from a brainsucker.
But I'll definitely have a look at this Lower Loran glyph, didn't know about that one.

Pure_Souls

Casual
Convict

Souls: 637.00
Bank: 1,383.00
Wiki Edits: 20
The arc% primary effect is very rare, as is the flat arc secondary effect. We couldn't even find one gem in probably 2000 trials with arc%+arc. For pvp though, those primary%+finestrike gems are exceptional. The best part about our 25dzpyg3 sage is that he drops gems far more often than usual. We were getting gems 80-90% of the time, as compared to the 20-40% that often occurs with this particular enemy. Eye runes are not necessary, since the sages always drop something. They are, however, useful in farming the Hunter NPC's. We've been working on this for quite a while, so we're glad to finally see it published. Enjoy!
Want to know more about us and our guides and threads? Look no further!
Pure Souls Collected Works

Follow Arctic_dan on Twitch to see our Fight Club in action!

Sljm8D

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 6,906.50
Wiki Edits: 17
Based on my own research, it seems like each location has specific drop lists, which all enemies there use unless they overwrite it with their specified drop, such as Watchdog dropping Fire Primary, or Brainsucker Flat Arcane Secondary.

However, like you discovered with farming Watchers, any effect can drop anywhere, it's just really rare. So you could get Flat Fire or Beast Atk Up in Pthumeru if you're lucky, but it will be really, really rare.

This post contains a list of the most common among the primary/secondary bonuses I've farmed from various enemies so far. It may not be exhaustive.

I also have two glyphs I'd like to share with you guys that are among the easiest and fastest Madman farms I've come across:

qjpktusu Pthumeru Ihyll Layer 1, in the first bonus room with his back turned to the door
9hdhpcqv Lower Loran Layer 1, directly after the main area lamp, you can bait him up the ladder for an easy Charge Attack and maybe follow-up.

Both of these are red-aura, and the sort with the corpse (my vote for the easiest to fight).

I'm not sure if these ones in particular are more likely to drop Poison (due to their weapon properties), and I have yet to find a good farmable glyph for one with Flaming weapons AND red aura to confirm if it drops Fire gems more often like the regular Pthumerian fellows.

Please let me know if you find a glyph for Pthumeru with a madman with flaming weapons...