VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 6,500.00
Wiki Edits: 45769
The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I just got done watching the E3 demo of Dark Souls III. Miyazaki narrated but his assistant played through the starting area of the game. Our journey began in a place called “Wall of Lodeleth”, which was a castle-like area that looked similar to the Boletarian Palace from Demon\’s Souls. Initial impressions are striking: the art style of the game looks very much like Bloodborne and we are rather sure the game runs on the exact same engine and there are shared assets.

Shop IconShop IconShop Icon

goober0331

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,870.50
OK two things:

1. Article says it is Dark Souls 2 backstab and parries, does that mean there is the backstab window Dark Souls 2 style where you can wiff and get air, and are parries something you have to predict (Dark Souls 2) more than it being instant?

2. Article says Dark Souls 2 movement speed and timing, so does that mean the movement was rather "floaty", does the player actually have complete control over directing their attacks like in Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, or was it Dark Souls 2 where it was incredibly inconsistent?
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

goober0331 wrote:OK two things:

1. Article says it is Dark Souls 2 backstab and parries, does that mean there is the backstab window Dark Souls 2 style where you can wiff and get air, and are parries something you have to predict (Dark Souls 2) more than it being instant?

2. Article says Dark Souls 2 movement speed and timing, so does that mean the movement was rather "floaty", does the player actually have complete control over directing their attacks like in Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, or was it Dark Souls 2 where it was incredibly inconsistent?

1. This is in reference to the animation. I have not played so no data about the rest.

2. The movement speed looked consistent with other From Souls games. Again I have not played so I don't know how it "feels".

Cas
Check out our Sekiro Wiki and the awesome Bosses

goober0331

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,870.50
OK well, Demons and Dark 1 both felt very different to Dark 2, thanks for the reply.

Any more info on the lack of a hub world? That would be completely new.
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
Did they show off bonfires and other sacrificial stuff?
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 382,240.49
Bank: 9,052.71
Wiki Edits: 32544
They showed one bonfire by lighting it but no menu. Some people don't realize the hud is deactivated during the demo to avoid spoilers of names and mechanics. Was in Bloodborne too. You have an option in menu to turn it on and off if you wish, which was confirmed by Miyazaki

There is no world hub, it works exactly like Dark Souls - one large interconnected world.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

DarkNoobz

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 323
oh geez. well i hope they decide to make a 3rd IP that is a hybrid between Demons Souls (i think i want that....) and Dark Souls 2. A challenging yet accessible game. I am going to dearly miss Soul Memory and World Hubs.
PSA: I can't give you reputation at the moment. It's not that I don't appriciate what you've said, or am being greedy with my rep; I just simply can't give any. Thank you!
VIP

BlitzKeir

Obsessed
Commander

The Fire Innate

Souls: 5,227.50
Wiki Edits: 699
Interesting, so it's TOTALLY open now. No hub... no safe haven. Knowing that, it makes sense that you can "sacrifice" to create a bonfire. So you'll be constantly bleeding resources, huh? I wonder how you restock. Are there bonfires already set in the world? If you can summon one, it stands to reason that there are fewer, especially since "only embers remain". Is there a means of healing besides bonfires? The interconnectedness of the world will be super important now.

Man, that alone excites me.

DarkNoobz

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: Locked
Bank: Locked
Wiki Edits: 323
Can you give any info if we will be able to free warp like dks2 or have super annoying restricted warping like dks1?
PSA: I can't give you reputation at the moment. It's not that I don't appriciate what you've said, or am being greedy with my rep; I just simply can't give any. Thank you!
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

BlitzKeir wrote:Interesting, so it's TOTALLY open now. No hub... no safe haven. Knowing that, it makes sense that you can "sacrifice" to create a bonfire. So you'll be constantly bleeding resources, huh? I wonder how you restock. Are there bonfires already set in the world? If you can summon one, it stands to reason that there are fewer, especially since "only embers remain". Is there a means of healing besides bonfires? The interconnectedness of the world will be super important now.

Man, that alone excites me.

There was one already there (bonfire) in the demo. You still have your Estus Flasks to heal :)

Cas
Check out our Sekiro Wiki and the awesome Bosses