Lifetime Subscriber
Grand Champion Duelist

Souls: 2,513.50
Wiki Edits: 31
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This now has a Blog Article:
Fexelea wrote:
The following is an excerpt of a blog article. Read Full Article

There were many hints that another Dark Souls game may be happening soon. But Souls fans may not have been prepared for how soon that was! With the game\’s approach starting to become a subgenre in its own right, and freshly out of Bloodborne, which is still due an expansion… 2016 will bring you Dark Souls III on Xbox One and PS4. *PC is TBD

Watch on youtube.com

The new setting looks really interesting! What do you all think?

Basically...

-10 classes
-45 new enemies
-15 new bosses (hmmm, kinda low)
-100 new weapons
-40 armor sets
-60 minutes of cutscenes (ohboy)
- Enemy and Boss numbers don't include those from the previous games.
- Weapon and Armor sets also don't include those from the previous games.
(No idea if that means they won't be included at all)
- 200 items, this includes spells, rings and consumables
- Cutscenes will be mostly in-engine.
- There will be 12 areas, in total it will be a similar amount to Dark Souls 1
- With the "Sacrifices" you can supposedly use them to help you, two examples were spawning a bonfire and an NPC. They can also effect light sources, enemy layouts and boss battles.
- Boss battles will now have a "Heat Up" factor. An apparent example given was that a boss could completely change to something else. There is a knight-looking enemy that could turn into a grotesque beast. It's speculated that this is similar to Demon Soul's World Tendency mechanic.
- Dark Souls 3 will introduce "Sword Fighting Arts" They sound like equip able special moves that can give you abilities. Two examples are given: "Rush In" (Dive towards an enemy, taking damage but also delivering massive damage) and "Circle" (Most likely a type of dodge move, it's described as something to use to when vulnerable and want to get away from the enemy).
-First boss appears to be some kind of demon water creature, spoopy

It's also set for release in 2016. Next gen only, with no sign of PC being on the roster.

It sounds like more of the story will be devulged via the storyline instead of item nitpicking. Hoorah!
Last edited by Fexelea on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 8 times in total. Reason: Made into article and merged into comments
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Aigaion

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,331.00
Wiki Edits: 7
If it doesn't come out on PC I think I will kill myself. :sick:

Exalus

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,372.00
Wiki Edits: 572
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I hope its a hybrid of the best aspects of dark souls 1 ,2 and BB.
Shop IconShop Icon

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,573.50
Wiki Edits: 46
Edit: Nevermind, delete this please. X.x'

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

Damnit you beat me to it! xD Here's a couple more details.

- With the "Sacrifices" you can supposedly use them to help you, two examples were spawning a bonfire and an NPC. They can also effect light sources, enemy layouts and boss battles.
- Boss battles will now have a "Heat Up" factor. An apparent example given was that a boss could completely change to something else. There is a knight-looking enemy that could turn into a grotesque beast. It's speculated that this is similar to Demon Soul's World Tendency mechanic.
- Dark Souls 3 will introduce "Sword Fighting Arts" They sound like equip able special moves that can give you abilities. Two examples are given: "Rush In" (Dive towards an enemy, taking damage but also delivering massive damage) and "Circle" (Most likely a type of dodge move, it's described as something to use to when vulnerable and want to get away from the enemy).

WyrmHero

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 12,270.00
Bank: 15,985.00
Wiki Edits: 82
I'm looking forward to it. I hope it gets a lot of inspiration from DkS1 and little from DkS2. Sword Art Fighting looks like a whole new school of magic(melee more like), like Way of the Warrior/Rogue skill trees.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

XuitusTheGreat

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 1,814.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 21
Hmm mm idk how i feel about cut scene saturation

Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

HirokiSugihara

Lifetime Subscriber
Grand Champion Duelist

Souls: 2,513.50
Wiki Edits: 31
StrikerShane wrote:Damnit you beat me to it! xD Here's a couple more details.

I'll add that in :^)

StrikerShane

Obsessed
Commander

@WyrmHero: Something about them makes me think it's an attempt to try and inject some Bloodborne-esk elements in. Both examples sound like they're giving the player more mobility in combat than DS1/2 ever had.

@HirokiSugihara: Cheers ^_^ And to add a bit more, the PC is listed as "negotiable" so it's on their minds, but it sounds like their not actively developing for it.

On another note, what instantly caught my eye is that he has another sword on his back. Does this mean that whatever we equip in our 2nd righthand slot, will appear on our character?
VIP

Castielle

Webmistress
Webmistress

Masochist

Souls: 6,500.00
Wiki Edits: 45769
StrikerShane wrote:@WyrmHero Something about them makes me think it's an attempt to try and inject some Bloodborne-esk elements in. Both examples sound like they're giving the player more mobility in combat than DS1/2 ever had.

@HirokiSugihara Cheers ^_^ And to add a bit more, the PC is listed as "negotiable" so it's on their minds, but it sounds like their not actively developing for it.

On another note, what instantly caught my eye is that he has another sword on his back. Does this mean that whatever we equip in our 2nd righthand slot, will appear on our character?

It was hard to play Dark Souls 2 after Bloodborne. I think they're going to have to increase mobility a bit to improve the combat system. Will be interesting to see how much they do.

Cas
Check out our Sekiro Wiki and the awesome Bosses
Shop IconShop IconShop Icon