Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
No, this is not a misleading thread. Visit this twitter link and read for yourself. The hype is real, BB is going to get more content :twisted:

Fexelea wrote:The following is an excerpt of a blog article. Read Full Article

Breaking news for all Bloodborne fans! Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios – Sony Computer Entertainment, has revealed in a tweet alongside Masaaki Yamigawa that Bloodborne will be receiving special DLC treatment later this year via an EXPANSION!

Hyping intensifies for fans and for the curious, allongside the endless debate over cut content, rushed products and planned DLC. On this post, however, we would like to focus on what you think the Expansion will be about! What\’s your favorite theory? What would you like to see?...
Last edited by Fexelea on Wed May 20, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added Blog Article on same thread and embedded Tweet :)
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Khknight

Casual
Convict

Souls: 406.00
And as with every expansion comes a gigantic patch with a billion fixes and balance updates. Lets hope they dont do anything dumb
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Khknight wrote:And as with every expansion comes a gigantic patch with a billion fixes and balance updates. Lets hope they dont do anything dumb

Agreed. Fixes are great and very much needed but when the word "expansion" is bought up, it better be an actual expansion :bounce:
Last edited by Alkaiser on Wed May 20, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VIP

HirokiSugihara

Lifetime Subscriber
Grand Champion Duelist

Souls: 2,520.50
Wiki Edits: 31
Oh look, more content they withheld from the game that is being released as "DLC" :/

I'm still going to buy it... But I'm gonna be bitter about it :^(
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

HirokiSugihara wrote:Oh look, more content they withheld from the game that is being released as "DLC" :/

lol I'm sure others will be too, unless they release dlc for free

Aim_v_Here

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,699.50
Alkaiser wrote:
HirokiSugihara wrote:Oh look, more content they withheld from the game that is being released as "DLC" :/

lol I'm sure others will be too, unless they release dlc for free

Yep. I've bought all DLC's from them so far.
As long as they keep churning out quality content I'll keep shelling out cash.

Now SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! :laughing:

alpha115

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,610.50
Wiki Edits: 40

1. Its not content withheld from the game, they claim its an expansion like how the shivering isles was an expansion. plus they said we would get info about it later this year that could be in November or December.

2. We got a finished game, Bloodborne feels pretty complete, especially compared to dark souls 2. I mean I am not going to complain because I dont mind extra content. I am happy with the thoughts of new trick weapons that could add some extra variety to builds.

If this Expansion comes out a year from know its definitely not some tacked on DLC, now you might have a point if we get it a month or 2 from now but until it comes out you can't say much of anything. You can't know with 100% certainty its content that was withheld from us. you dont work for fromsoft and should withhold any bitterness until we get more info.

Another thing you dont have to get this expansion, if you dont want it.

CygnusArcana

Souls: 213.00

Yo, this is an expansion. Not DLC. Maybe the lingo for expansions has been misrepresented by other game companies, but FROM Software has a solid history of producing quality content, and I can say without any uncertainty that Bloodborne plays like the full package. We've got 2-3 dozen bosses, multiple takes on weaponry, and a stellar game that allows for awesome multiplayer content.

"o look moar content has been withheld frum us" is simply NOT TRUE.
VIP

HirokiSugihara

Lifetime Subscriber
Grand Champion Duelist

Souls: 2,520.50
Wiki Edits: 31
alpha115 wrote:

1. Its not content withheld from the game, they claim its an expansion like how the shivering isles was an expansion. plus they said we would get info about it later this year that could be in November or December.

2. We got a finished game, Bloodborne feels pretty complete, especially compared to dark souls 2. I mean I am not going to complain because I dont mind extra content. I am happy with the thoughts of new trick weapons that could add some extra variety to builds.

If this Expansion comes out a year from know its definitely not some tacked on DLC, now you might have a point if we get it a month or 2 from now but until it comes out you can't say much of anything. You can't know with 100% certainty its content that was withheld from us. you dont work for fromsoft and should withhold any bitterness until we get more info.

Another thing you dont have to get this expansion, if you dont want it.

It really doesn't feel complete to me though. It feels like a shallow game with tons of chalices tacked on to make it feel longer. The low amount of weapons is also another thing I really dont like, but thats just me. Fromsoft games (AC, Kings Field, etc) are fun partly because of the large expanse of weapons available to you and how you can mismatch your character around.

DS2 felt incomplete because it was, and we still had item and weapon movesets (Bone fist, Majestic GS) still in the game files on day 1 release. I'd say Bloodborne is missing things as well, mainly an explaination and use for Beasthood stat other than a small boost in damage, as well as people who can transform/de-transform at will, such as the man in Forbidden Woods.

Basically Fromsoft has a habit of with holding gameplay from us and I'm gonna take this news with a grain of salt. I wouldnt doubt if, even after what ENB has told us directly from Fromsoft, there is some kind of hidden thing about Beasthood not released until the expansion.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon