Dedicated to digging into the game's lore. Bring your thinking caps.

PlayerSlayer120

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 2,261.00
Bank: 0.00
Gwyn left with his knights, his garb, his greatsword, and his crown.

PlayerSlayer120

Obsessed
Commander

His greatsword, the only companion he had left, and the crown, so he could preserve the symbol of the monarch, even though the crown's true power had already subsided.

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 1,700.00
I re-listened to Gwyns music and it really is kind of soothing almost. I normally beat Gwyn quite quickly or on the few occaisions I do have a long fight (I refuse to parry or something) then I'm not really focusing on the music. Maybe that's why the Maiden Astrea music in Demon's Souls stood out for me because I actually had a chance to listen to it :P

Thanks for the reminder to listen to the music, I actually have the cd from one of the special editions around so I might go through and listen to it all.

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

PlayerSlayer120 wrote:What do the hydras represent?

For me the Hydras represent one of the few changes that occurred as a result of the Age of Fire without any explanation or attention which is the appearance of water. In the begging the world was unformed, a land of grey crags. The world went from grey crags to Ash Lake and it's never really explained how or why other than the creation of disparity.

The Hydras represent the adaptation to this change just as Gaping Dragon is a reaction to greed as an emotion. I remember Gough said "the dragons teased out our dearest emotions." Now whether Kalameet and the other second generation of dragons were affected by the souls of the people they killed or simply were granted their own souls, it's pretty clear that they had more emotion than the rocky everlasting dragons.

The Hydra in Darkroot Basin could also be seen as a representation of the dragons rage towards Seath's betrayal as it was kill the golem's along with you.

Windy98

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 465.00
What was Lord Blade Ciarans roll in killing dragons?
'The legend of Artorias art' none but a fabrication.
...Traversing the dark? 'Tis but a fairytale.'

CakeThiefPro

Obsessed
Commander

Windy98 wrote:What was Lord Blade Ciarans roll in killing dragons?

Ok I might be in trouble here. As far as I remember Ciaran wasn't a knight during the War with the Everlasting Dragons at least. I know size is a relative thing but I can't imagine her doing more than maybe killing one on its own considering her weapon/fight difficulty and size. She does refer to use as humans so it's possible that she is the same species as Artorias, Ornstein etc but I don't think that's ever made clear.

Obviously she looks a lot like an assassin especially considering her weapons which makes her knighthood a little suspicious to begin with but I don't think she assassinated a dragon (if that's even possible).

Windy98

Regular
Battle Tested

Whilst she wasn't a knight during the war, she earned her knighthood by assassinating influencial enemies.

It is also, commonly accepted, however that when Gwyn pealed back a scale with one of his lightning bolts, or Gough with a great arrow, Ciaran could fit into the gap left, and cut away quickly, Poisoning and Bleeding the Dragon's exposed flesh.

I think you've done very well on the other questions, though. :biggrin:

PlayerSlayer120

Obsessed
Commander

The hydras also represent Orochi, who was also a hydra in japanese mythology.

Windy98

Regular
Battle Tested

SilentSoul wrote:What are your thoughts on the conception/origin of Priscilla? I am already well aware of all the theories that are out there for this one, but I just wanted to see what you think about it as a fellow DKS 1 player.

My view is that Priscilla is the offspring of Seath and Gwynevere. I this because, one Seath and Gwynevere are a similar size, so they would be, shall we say, 'compatible.' Seath has a tail, and is a pale white colour, as is Gwynevere, explaining her pale complexion and tail. Her tail could be furry because of Gwyneveres hair, or one of Seath's experiment, or, even, a mix of both.

As to why she is in the Painted World, I have three theories.

One - The Painted World is for what the gods fear, and wish to lock away. Eg. The Occult ember. Priscilla's dagger is occult, as is her scythe, meaning the gods fear her god killing capability.

Two - Seath, as a favour from Gwyn may have been allowed to hide Priscilla in the Painted World, guarded by the Painting Guardians, to keep he safe from someone or something.

Three - Priscilla may have some link to Velka, who stockpiled things with God killing capabilities in the Painted World. As I previously stated, Priscilla's weapons are occult which may be the reason she is being stocked in the Painted World should a god ever sin.

That's all I got!

Thanks for reading, if you even did. (I don't blame you if you didn't ;) )