The place to discuss Lords of The Fallen.
Wiki: Visit the LOTF wiki
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 306,019.49
Bank: 8,276.71
Wiki Edits: 23883
So Lords of the Fallen is free in PS+ and I imagine a lot of people are now trying it out.

I personally really liked the game, as it's a solid single player experience with some amazing graphics and just enough similarity to souls to get me going whilst diverting enough with its "heavy" combat to force me to try an learn new things.

How is everyone finding it?
Fextralife.com ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Archon

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 2,329.00
Wiki Edits: 1
It was free on Xbox a while back. Wasn't too fond of it myself.
The Archons were the ancient rulers of the Old Kingdom and were said to be immortal. Although the Archons are long gone, their bloodline lives on.

Serious_Much

Crystal Cave
Lord of the Fallen

Souls: 2,229.00
Bank: 7,186.66
Wiki Edits: 22
I don't know if I'll be enfatuated with it, but I am looking forward to downloading it and giving a go!
"You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"
Forum Guidelines- Have a peek
Shop IconShop Icon

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,267.50
Wiki Edits: 21
it is on my PS4, waiting for me to take it for a spin.
I am actually quite interested in trying it out, while not ready to pay for it back in the days knowing that I would probably still see it through the heavy prism of the souls games.

but lord of the fallen is not the big game that is free this month: it is JOURNEY !!!! BEST GAME EVER!!!

EDIT: I just tried 20 min, all three starting classes and this is pretty much exactly what I expected back in the days of release already: there is no physicality to this game at all: it is slow and heavy but there is no notion of impact at any moment: you know you hit because the opponent HP bar goes down...you know you get hit because your go down but not becasue of otehr empirical indicators like a stagger, a proper sound or anything. playing it feels like floating in molasses.
not for me.

Journey, here I come!
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

ckmishn

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,320.00
Wiki Edits: 6
announakis wrote:
but lord of the fallen is not the big game that is free this month: it is JOURNEY !!!! BEST GAME EVER!!!
Journey, here I come!

If you're such a big Journey fan why didn't you already own it? :-/

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,891.50
Bank: 0.00
souls-like game

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,891.50
Bank: 0.00
ckmishn wrote:
announakis wrote:
Journey, here I come!

If you're such a big Journey fan why didn't you already own it? :-/

Watch on youtube.com

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 23,267.50
Wiki Edits: 21
ckmishn wrote:If you're such a big Journey fan why didn't you already own it? :-/

I owned it on PS3 back when I lived in AUstralia.

Then I moved to France then Canada.
every time you change region, you lose your PSN account, just so you know....since then, achievements are the least of my worries.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

Carphil

Moderator Trainee
Moderator Trainee

Souls: 2,702.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Journey is beautiful! But it's too quick! 30 minutes and you've finished :(

Waiting for the weekend to try out Lords. I'm afraid of these types of games. I think to myself: I'll play a hour or so, and end up playing the whole day :P
“We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another, and no sunrise finds us where left by sunset.”
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

Aiki-Otoshi

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 259.00
Bank: 699.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I' grabbed it this month. So far I've gone through the first two bosses and it seems fun.
Two things annoy me though:

1) I don't think they made it obvious enough when you take damage. I find myself losing huge chunks of my healthbar but not realizing because the iframes are inconsistent at times and the "You got hit" sound effect is super quiet and unobtrusive.

2) While I don't mind it having a story, the cutscenes the game keeps throwing at me and the generic protagonist feel more like a hindrance and interruption than interesting plot devices.

Although this may partially be my Dark Souls bias showing, I think it's a fair comparison considering the budget and attempt to compete with FromSoftwares genre.

Oh and Journey isn't a game.....It's a piece of art.
I have gracefully vanquished the Nightmare. Deceitfully, I usurped the Linking of the Fire. I was born of the Blood and nurtured by my Dark Soul, I am Souls-Borne