Anything without a home!

CuddlyREDRUM

Souls: 53.00
For anyone on the fence about Crackdown 3, just give it a shot. It starts out a bit slow, but has that Crackdown magic to it. After about five hours you feel like a god. I honestly have no idea what game the reviewers were playing. A lot of times you can get Gamepass for a buck for a single month, so check it out.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,206.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Welp, I've become an ARPG addict. Grim Dawn is my new cocaine. Been the only game I've been able to play for days now. Someone help me; I think I need an Intervention.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 80.00
Bank: 6,724.00
Wiki Edits: 5
EldritchImagination wrote:Welp, I've become an ARPG addict. Grim Dawn is my new cocaine. Been the only game I've been able to play for days now. Someone help me; I think I need an Intervention.

witchblade!

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

qeter wrote:
EldritchImagination wrote:Welp, I've become an ARPG addict. Grim Dawn is my new cocaine. Been the only game I've been able to play for days now. Someone help me; I think I need an Intervention.

witchblade!

Witch Hunter Charell
I also have a Pyromancer names Ignatius Drogon
a Cabalist named Malcarion Crow
a Blademaster named Alexander Anderson
and a Inquisiter Named Jordon Vex

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Sooooo, Grim Dawn has now consumed my life. Seriously, it’s been pretty much the only game I’ve been able to play for the last week. It’s addictive as all hell for all the best reasons. Its gameplay is fun as hell, it’s lore and story are interesting as hell, the world is cool as hell, the music is cool as hell, and the gear is awesome as hell. It’s slowly putting every other ARPG to shame in my eyes with how much it offers, and after fully completing the Malmouth Expansion, I can see the great things Crate Entertainment will do for the ARPG genre.

One little thing the devs do really well is establish some fun NPC continuation in the world. Certain NPCs aren’t just one shot quest givers, but have their own personal adventures they deal with that run parallel with your own. There’s two characters I’ve found so far that you initially interact with in the main game, one who you can save from being burned at the stake for being a witch, and another who is writing a story and you have to recover her diary. In the Expansion, there’s further exploration into what happened to them afterward. With the witch, she travels to a coven you have to go do for your own quest. Not too deep, but still a fun reunion. The other girl, the writer, well, that’s a whole other story. I don’t to spoil, but let’s say that there’s more to her story than what she’s written.
Also a fascinating thing I’ve found is that the game is slowly building a foreshadowing new enemy in the world. While looking for a hidden path in the main game I had previously found in an area, I found another hidden path I never knew existed that leads to an ominous statue and lore note that tells of a forgotten god of great power and of a dark nature. Later, in the expansion, after beating the challenge dungeon, you learn that the Beast god also knows of this forgotten god, and that the leader of one of the large factions has discovered it and is using its power under the false guise that it is the power of another god, Empyrion, whom many worship. So they’re building up to something big that will apparently be in the next Expansion. All in all, I hope this company has lots of success, and will continue making games, cause they’re damn good at it.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

i personally preferred titan quest with the paths mod to grim dawn; but grim dawn isn't done releasing expansions so that may change.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,291.50
Iirc, Crate is taking a break from ARPGs after this next (last) GD expansion. The main guy said he’s been doing ARPG since TQ and needs a break.

It’s a strong rumor that their next game is going to be a town building RTS. I need more details before I know to be excited or not.
I love RTS but town building can go a lot of directions, so I can’t say for sure. With interesting races/nations and enough customization, something like that would be right up my alley. Depends really.

(Any ‘Age of Wonders 3’ players out there? I just hooked up my crappy laptop to my tv and... wow.. looks awesome)

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,480.50
Haven't had much time to play much, and when I do I can't really get into anything. Kinda sucks.

Kinda just waiting for Sekiro in 2 weeks.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:Iirc, Crate is taking a break from ARPGs after this next (last) GD expansion. The main guy said he’s been doing ARPG since TQ and needs a break.

It’s a strong rumor that their next game is going to be a town building RTS. I need more details before I know to be excited or not.
I love RTS but town building can go a lot of directions, so I can’t say for sure. With interesting races/nations and enough customization, something like that would be right up my alley. Depends really.

(Any ‘Age of Wonders 3’ players out there? I just hooked up my crappy laptop to my tv and... wow.. looks awesome)

elf dreadoughnt.

i don't intend to buy sekiro at the moment.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,480.50
Why is that? The lack of multiplayer is a pretty common thing.

I don't think I'll miss it much, besides PvP which I can get through other sources.