Anything without a home!

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7.00
Bank: 6,657.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Fexelea wrote:People living within their means and saving for their own retirement instead of depending on government? Yes, sounds crazy... lol

large cash savings tie the country's economic welfare much stronger to the yen, reducing policy options and disincentivizing local invest. perhaps more troubling is that most of that saving and investing is done by corporations and investment banks that primarily specialize in foreign investment. if soft-bank invests in an African country to build and maintain the road systems the African country would obtain a new road system while soft-bank would be further incentivized to invest more into said country instead of local investment in Japanese infrastructure and services. America operates at extremely large levels of foreign investment partly for this reason. cash flow is very important and citizens that save liquid assets reduce the economy's capacity for real growth, a significant reason for 401k style retirement plans(which are recently gaining steam in japan) or state funded retirement.

at least that's the american strategy. i realize japan might have to account for a longer lived general population but the values of the population seem genuinely different.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,462.50
Dunno about anyone else, but I've worked hard to get away from working paycheck to paycheck.

Now I go direct deposit to direct deposit.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7.00
Bank: 6,657.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Lich180 wrote:Dunno about anyone else, but I've worked hard to get away from working paycheck to paycheck.

Now I go direct deposit to direct deposit.

that's a patriot if I've ever seen one.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,462.50
Seriously though if I COULD manage to save a few bucks, I've got a house to put money into. And this thing is HUNGRY.

After that, maybe I'd invest in stocks and bonds, and other stuff, but not real estate unless it was just farmland I could lease out. Too much work dealing with a rental property with a house.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,188.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:@EldritchImagination

I crawled back to steam and have been on a GD binge.
Last time I played, the last act of the main campaign wasn’t even in the game yet (I bought it early access years ago, when we had just 2 chapters. Or maybe just the 1st. I can’t remember).

I deleted my old characters and started over.

Shadow is halfway through Malmouth. Lvl 49 glass cannon Nightblade.
Also working on -
Omen - Trickster (Druid NB)
Seeker Shae - Deceiver (Inquisitor Occultist)
Miasma - Ritualist - (Necro Druid)
Archmage Kephas - Arcane (glass cannon)
Blight - Deathknight - (Soldier Necro)
Slacker - Demolitionist

It’s hard to actually express my joy with how this game shaped up in the end + an expansion + another expansion on the way. I’m pretty sure this might be my favorite isometric ARPG of all time. I haven’t played ‘Path of Exile’ in a few years to compare, but even then, it could only be tied with GD (If me listing my roster of toons like a schoolyard kid didn’t already imply that).

I’m a huge fan of sagas like ‘Malazan book of the Fallen’, and I’m currently reading Glen Cook’s ‘Black Company’ saga. Grim Dawn makes me feel like I’m playing a chapter in a similar setting. GD absolutely nails the feel of a broken/struggling military campaign in a dark fantasy world, even if the overall story is a bit basic. That’s actually how I like my rpg’s. Deep lore, basic story. That way I have the freedom to make my own. GD gives me that freedom in a setting that I throughly enjoy, with pretty decent lore to match.

I’m curious what classes you went with. And what you like about them. There are so many combinations, I’d be surprised if you even rolled any of the 7 I went with.

Yeah, Grim Dawn has ruined me for a lot of other ARPGs with it's large class creation system and lore and excellently designed gameplay. I tried playing Torchlight 2 after, and while still fun, was n't as immersive as GD, and Diablo 3, oh my goodness I could barely play it now it's so boring by comparison.

As for me, My main mastery (the single mastery I like best), is the Occultist. I just love the mastery's dark lore and powers, and varied playstyle depending on what skills you choose and what mastery you mix it with. In terms of narrative, I generally prefer to play as the outsider role, the one that doesn't quite fit in with the norms, mainly because that how I usually am in real life, as well as my fascination with dark supernatural forces and practices, and my interest in the darker facets of the mind, so the Occultist is the perfect class for me lore wise.

As for my main class combo, I went witch Hunter (Occultist + Nightblade)

I'm a poison and chaos focused hit and run melee damager, debuffing and DoTing enemies before I rush in with shadow strike and Rift strike to just slaughter them. I'm not the most durable melee fighter, so I also have Hellhound to provide some tanking, and both Blood of Dreeg and Phumanic burst for healing, plus a few health regen devotion investments that make my high burst damage restore a lot of lost health.
With all my healing, I hardly use healing tonics, so I just stack them up and store them to save space

I also have two planned builds, Blademaster (soldier + Nightblade) and Cabalist (Occultist + Necromancer), who I will be naming Alaxander Anderson and Alucard respectively for obvious reasons if you are a Hellsing fan, as well as Pyromancer (Occultist + Demo) and maybe a Conjurer (Occultist + Shaman) for a pet build and Warlock (Occultist + Arcanist) for a dark wizard build. Also interested in the new Oathkeeper mastery in the new Expansion.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,169.50
That’s awesome. My main that I deleted when I went back was almost the exact same build, but I used the crow to heal me instead of the hound to distract.
Witchhunter was awesome. I kinda miss the combo. Was my very first GD build.

I chilled on GD and went back to TES4. My laptop can actually run in on max settings. That’s a first for me. Haven’t played it in about 3 years. I think it might be my favorite game of all time. It has a charm to it that makes me just love the world and interactions.
And mods... oh, the mods....

I feel tempted once agin to just sell my PS4. It’s been a disappointment compared to when I had a gaming rig. I’m thinking I’ll just go with a really beast laptop.
And just mod TES 3-5 to the void and back and play those almost exclusively aside from little indie strategy games. With PS4, I barely even play what I buy and the options are bare bones thin.
And when I consider that some of my favorite games on ps4, I already owned on Steam, it really turns my PS4 into a machine to just play Soulsbourne. Which I really have little interest in these days.

Anyway. Hail the PC overlords.