Anything without a home!

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,424.50
Stupid busy month. Unpacking, getting stuff organized and getting ready to sell what we don't want.

Work is getting hectic, corporate inspection is coming next month so I've got a laundry list of stuff to be sure I have ready. Thankfully I took over for someone who actually did their job right, unfortunately they only have part of the paperwork we are supposed too have.

Good thing is, the bar from last year is set incredibly low. They pretty much failed the last inspection, which happened before the manager I took over for.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 415.00
Bank: 5,855.00
Wiki Edits: 5
been playing divinity 2 ego draconis recently. old games lack the same polish standards that new ones have.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,102.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
qeter wrote:been playing divinity 2 ego draconis recently. old games lack the same polish standards that new ones have.

I bought Divine Divinity a long time ago and played it for probably 40-50 hours, haven't beat it yet cause I got to a point that seems to have glitched and currently don't have a PC that can run it properly (for some reason). Fun game, fun writing, open world with tons to do and lots of quests and a sufficient amount of choice. Great ARPG in that right, but yeah I do agree with the lack of polish for old games. Controls leave much to be desired with lacking hotkey options for abilities compared to modern ARPGs, and a severe lack of balance, there's this one ability that basically turns you into the Scorpion King. I mean it, the survivor class tree is so OP with this ability. You spawn a death scorpion (that's its literal name) whose level is equal to your level of the skill times 100, which allows it to just wreak everything, It's draws aggro, so enemies won't pay attention to you, does ludicrous damage, and just. doesn't, die.

I just walk into an area full of enemies and bosses, say, "GO MY MINIONS AND SLAUGHTER IN MY NAME!", and just let loose the scorpions of war, since there's no cooldown for the ability, and it's only limited by the amount of scorpions you can hold, I can let out like 30 of these things as fast as I can click my right mouse button. Fun if insanely unbalanced.
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Lich180 wrote:Stupid busy month. Unpacking, getting stuff organized and getting ready to sell what we don't want.

Work is getting hectic, corporate inspection is coming next month so I've got a laundry list of stuff to be sure I have ready. Thankfully I took over for someone who actually did their job right, unfortunately they only have part of the paperwork we are supposed too have.

Good thing is, the bar from last year is set incredibly low. They pretty much failed the last inspection, which happened before the manager I took over for.

I had to paint my house this week. My Dad wanted one color, then another, than another, then another. Couldn't make up his mind on the pattern, so we've been repainting it, but while I was doing grey for the lower half, he was doing blond for the edges and frames. Then, he changed his mind and wanted it velvet brown, which was the color he originally painted it, so now he wants to paint it all over again.

Besides that, I got a quick cash job doing some roofing work, 10$/hour, one day, so small pay, but it put bucks in my pocket and got me some exercise.

Also coming along on one of my stories. If you didn't know, I'm hoping to be a novelist. One I'm working on is basically He-Man,Tron, and Mad Max mixed together with mutants. A Cyberpunk Post-Apocalyptic Psudo-Fantasy story about a badass Barbarian Mutant on a quest for wealth and knowledge with a power axe in one hand, a fusion shotgun in the other, and the powers of a shape-shifter.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

also got a "true" RPG game recently called Ember, which is supposedly like Bulder's Gate. Trying to get a good idea as to why some people say these games are the only true RPGs and all other kinds are not, particularly ARPGs (my favorite RPGs). Only difference I find is that the combat works slightly differently. Might get Bulder's Gate some time to make sure, cause if Ember is anything to go by I will really question the the concept of "True" RPGs even more than I do now.

As for Ember itself, it's okay, but way too simplistic for the gameplay style. You have three members for your party, each getting only three abilities that are tied to your gear, not based on class or skill tree, which makes the combat incredibly simplistic

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,386.00
Wiki Edits: 41
Been playing Dank Soils Rememed: recently got all achievements so that's done. The game is, well, it is what it is. So it still is really good with just some touch-ups here and there and running much better than any version (including DSfix which still didn't solve some framerate issues in places a la Seath, and the decreased rolling and jump distances and falling through the world when sliding down a ladder when the framerate was upped to something noticeably higher than 30fps). Some areas seem much darker than I recall. Duke's Archives for instance. And when going from inside to out the lighting transition from dark to sunny and bright is a bit jarring, like it was for Valley of Drakes into Blighttown for the original (still here in this game). And a cinematic of the crow dropping you in Firelink, one scene looks significantly darker than the rest. I need not mention Frampt's extra melanin either. Not really complaints, just some graphical/lighting changes that were weird. I'd say more, compliments and complaints, but don't feel like it, and would rather save that for a relevant thread in the actual forum dedicated to the game. Overall I'm enjoying myself so that's that.

Last couple movies I saw: Hereditary and Sicario: Day of the Soldado. Hereditary is a really good, tense film. I was made as uncomfortable by the fracturing family dynamics and unexpected turns of overwhelming grief as I was, maybe more so, by the supernatural/hallucinatory(?) stuff. Dunno what to think of the ending. The last half of the movie you're not exactly sure what is happening, what's real or not, and the ending tries to set in stone what probably would've been better left a bit more ambiguous. The imagery in the last scene, almost a cruel mockery of the tragedies that happened (intentional on the film's part - I'm not spoiling anything) and the look on the face of the character who's the center of attention were all well-done in their own right though even if it may have strayed off course from what the movie initially set itself up to be. I read there was a three-hour cut that had to be trimmed for probably obvious, commercial reasons. I'd still like to see that cut. This is a movie that feels like there are holes that could be filled to enrichen some characters and scenes and make sudden transitions to tonally different segments smoother. As it is though, still really good stuff. lol @ its D+ Cinemascore. Cinemascore is really a useless meme to me.

Sicario 2: Cartel Boogaloo is a movie you can watch without having seen the first, as this doesn't follow up on or reference anything from the first Sicario whatsoever. A "stand-alone sequel" they call it. I'd still recommend seeing the first Sicario as 1) it's a fantastic movie in its own right, 2) it's the better of the two movies, 3) having the context for the characters in this movie helps appreciate what's going on with the characters in the sequel and exactly who they are and what they do. A solid movie in its own way, has some good tension and action, all that, feels a little more conventional than Sicario 1 which is more a POV from Emily Blunt's character as to "what's going on? What am I getting into?" and gradually finds out that she's being roped into some terrible dealings as a cover for said terrible dealings, true motives behind furtive characters are revealed and we see the terrible things they (or in this case one in particular) do for what was done to them. The first Sicario had a much...scarier vibe to it. Had some unforgettable moments. Day of the Soldado doesn't live up to that unfortunately, but is by no means bad. You want to continue to see the adventures of Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro's characters in Mexico engaging in shady, morally and legally questionable set-ups to get back at cartels while their plans fumble altogether in the process, there is good stuff here. There is a slightly sentimental turn in one scene that was a bit jarring, but nothing awful. And a sudden turn at the end that seemed ludicrous in how stupidly lucky a certain character ends up after being led to think otherwise. Last scene is good. I probably wouldn't mind seeing a third one of these. A few things feel like they're left hanging that could be resolved with a follow-up. So, it's good, but if you liked the first Sicario as much as I did, this one...isn't as good, but still worth a look.

On a final note, there is a user here whose presence I've been missing, and afraid has left for good because of the nature of his final post. I've mentioned him before by name but won't this time. I was told he's probably just taking a break from the forums but I'm afraid that may not be the case. :/ I'll just say he was an invaluable member of the forums and his posts always were intelligent and illuminating. He has a PS ID under his handle but those aren't loading here for some reason, and trying to look up user IDs on the very PlayStation website doesn't seem to work at all. Something broken there? The Steam handles, for those who have those, work just fine. I can click on them and get to a person's profile without issue. Playstation.com on the other hand...not so good. Anyway this person hasn't been logged in since March. I do hope it's just a break and nothing else because his last post had this tone of "I'm done with this place." Was in the Trump thread. Would suck if that were the case.

AND THAT IS ALL FOR NOW I think Iunno...
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 399.00
Bank: 8,814.00
Wiki Edits: 703
@eremHaNeoN

Did FromSoftware improve keyboard/mouse controls for Dark Souls: Remastered to be like Dark Souls II and Dark Souls III?

On the side note, I'm consumed by Dark Souls III soundtracks. I'm listening to Dancer of the Boreal Valley at the moment.
What, still here?

eremHaNeoN

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 3,386.00
Wiki Edits: 41
I don't normally play Souls with k+m, but there are key rebinding options for both that and the controller (with a few limitations, like, you can't change kick, which I've ALWAYS hated how it functions in these games, unless there's a .ini file I haven't looked at yet), which IIRC PTDE didn't even have. I did try a bit of the mouse at one point when trying to aim my crossbow with binoculars, it moved around smoothly. Wasn't the original PC release's mouse movement pretty janky? I never really tried that so... yeah can't give a complete answer but based on what few things I've done and observed it is an improvement on PTDE (I don't think they could've possibly done it any worse quite honestly, though next time I boot it up I'll try it out and let you know in more detail :P)
Through Dark Souls of futures past. The speed runner longs to see. One boosts between a pair of binos. Parry Walk with Me.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon

ElCazador

Caffeinated
Guardian

Souls: 399.00
Bank: 8,814.00
Wiki Edits: 703
Prepare to Die edition was a nightmare on K+M to tell you the truth that I had to go full keyboard without a controller.
What, still here?

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 415.00
Bank: 5,855.00
Wiki Edits: 5
its been a while since anyone's posted here so i'm gonna put a thing i thought about a couple months ago here.
The sheer size congress and the polarization of the two parties has made the existing tools of the three branches of government ill suited to handling mid tier problems that exist on a timescale of 10-15 years. Short term problems can be handled by executive orders, and long term problems can be ground down by a variety of labourus bills by congress. midterm problems however, are things that exist on the 10-15 year time frame, to short for the revisions and multi bill solutions that congress constructs and too long or expensive for fragile executive orders.

The primary example that come to mind is the cost of medical research, development, and treatment. At the moment the US spends about 35% of its total budget on various health care related programs most notably medicare and medicaid[2]. Despite this massive expenditure there is very little proportional effort being applied to find breakthrough methodologies or treatments to the fundamental causes of the major diseases that these funds go toward treating. Development cost for new drugs are not only quickly blooming too large for private companies but the drugs that are produced rarely do more than fight singular biological mechanisms and rarely serve as a cure for said diseases.[3]

On the other and more politicised end lies social-economic issues like basic income that could quickly become more necessary as the labor participation rate drops due to automation.[4] Along with basic income any kind of large reform bills to government spending would be practically impossible to pass through congress on the standard platform due to a strong bias against getting rid of existing laws and regulations. [5]

solution
My working solution is a new kind of bill, a major bill. The basic mechanics are as such, a party with 30% of the seats in congress can draft one, once said bill receives at least 75% of said parties seated congressmen's’ support in a vote made in congress the prospective bill is sent to the supreme court to make sure it complies with the constitution and the additional rules governing major bills as defined further on in this description, if the bill passes the supreme courts inspection it is then put to a national vote requiring a supermajority of 66% of the voting base to pass, once the bill is passed the president is empowered to make the sitting congress fulfill the terms of the bill, the supreme court would be responsible for making sure that the solution developed by congress fulfilled the spirit of the bill. This proposed “major bill” will come with a variety of special requirements to make sure that it can fulfill its purpose of increasing the american people's capacity for dynamic adaption. Such a bill would be required to be under 16 pages long make and be in a reasonably clear language so that the common voter may be expected to understand it. Such a bill would not be proposable within 5 months of a coming election cycle in order to give the sitting congress enough time to formulate an acceptable answer. Such a bills votes would tallied by the same voting system used in the election of presidents in order to preserve the fragile political balance and make the reform as bipartisan as possible[4]. votes would be limited to a yes or no choice in order to maintain a simple voting interface. Such a bill would only be proposable every other month in order to avoid potential political exhaustion of the voting base. Once such a bill is proposed by a party said party can not propose another major bill again for at least 3 months in order to prevent excessive capitalization of short term political dominance. More requirements and special properties can be discussed and designed as needed.

refrences
K. Amadeo, “The Federal Programs That Are Eating the Budget Alive,” The Balance. [Online]. Available: https://www.thebalance.com/current-fede ... ng-3305772. [Accessed: 10-Jun-2018]. [2]

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 96(12)00738-0/pdf [not really sure how to label this one] [3]

“Bureau of Labor Statistics Data,” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. [Online]. Available: https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000. [Accessed: 10-Jun-2018]. [4]

R. Roberts and M. Munger, “Michael Munger on the Basic Income Guarantee,” EconTalk | Library of Economics and Liberty. [Online]. Available: http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2017/0 ... ger_3.html. [Accessed: 10-Jun-2018]. [5]

on an unrelated note its really hot in dallas right now. like 108 degrees Fahrenheit.