Another problem that I can think of is the loadouts: everyone had the same loadout (Hakkon + PI) which was way overpowered and some of that gear made everything else pretty much obsolete. Balance of weapons and gear across the board is something I'd like to see in another DAMP.

For sure. Looking at the Isabela build russ4ua16 posted, all I could think about was how I couldn't stand using anything except Hakkon's Mercy and Bloody Bargain, and it isn't for lack of fun alternatives. They just aren't as good. Still don't have PI, though, even at 255/187/200.

I considered modifying weapon quality and levels so everything would be on par with the level 26/27 stuff, just for some variety in a private-only setting, but since most of my friends have moved on to something else, there wouldn't be much of a point.

... Not enough responsiveness behind controls (like The Witcher 3, I hate that game for its bad gameplay, yet The Division does something similar but pulls it off so nicely). Auto-attack (left clicks) wasn't done properly IMO, looked way off on warriors especially. And I still don't know why the devs chose to completely lock movement during attacks (animation priority > controls), like a poorly done dark souls-ish system. The virtuoso + Isabella feel much better to play with that in mind as they can attack while moving, isn't that cool. Also, don't make undodgeable attacks (red templar spikes, demon commander charge), that ain't cool. ....

Neither DAI, nor Witcher or Division are "normal" shooters and neither have sync kill enemies. This is probably why developers went that route in either game. However, as you said, it is not cool, there should be some option for override. At least in Witcher 3, with enough points in red skills, your animations become blazing fast and barely noticeable. The basic idea is silly and means that if that enemy does this and that, you should counter with that and this and nothing else and then, you'll be fine. This takes away a lot of freedom from gameplay and turns it into a game of experience and general situational awareness. Basically an extended version of QTE. While in Witcher it works fine due to variety, it does seem monotonous in Division and plain sucks in DAIMP as for some reasons those unavoidable damage spikes were introduced. Well, I guess, the main purpose was that people should promote and get better and grind and spend more time playing the game. This whole concept is not entirely wrong since there are some people who do enjoy that and even some who still play DAIMP but it is just their number is too small to make a difference as majority. I'm talking about 99% here, not even 90%, who do not find much fun in it for an extended period of time.

This whole genre is a bit underwhelming without the RPG framework and combat by itself cannot provide sufficient depth. There should be variety, variety, and more variety, basically. variety should be essentially endless. This includes variety in maps, strategies, builds, weapons and their usage, abilities, and everything else. Leaderboards, manifests, and all that bs can be present in every game and this does not make it addictive or popular. There are still thousands of people who play ME3 once a week and who never advanced their weapons, progressed in difficulty levels, or climbed the challenges. They do it just because ME3 provides for almost endless variety and this variety has quite subtle but noticeable RPG elements somewhat linked to the story of the single player. While discussion about ham can be humorous when heard for the first time, it gets old pretty fast.

This whole genre is a bit underwhelming without the RPG framework and combat by itself cannot provide sufficient depth. There should be variety, variety, and more variety, basically. variety should be essentially endless. This includes variety in maps, strategies, builds, weapons and their usage, abilities, and everything else. Leaderboards, manifests, and all that bs can be present in every game and this does not make it addictive or popular. There are still thousands of people who play ME3 once a week and who never advanced their weapons, progressed in difficulty levels, or climbed the challenges. They do it just because ME3 provides for almost endless variety and this variety has quite subtle but noticeable RPG elements somewhat linked to the story of the single player. While discussion about ham can be humorous when heard for the first time, it gets old pretty fast.

I totally agree.  Variety being the key.  I wouldn't say ME3MP has THAT much more variety of options,  just that survival is as exciting, if not more so, than a simple A to B dungeon crawl.. In dungeon crawling, using the same 5 maps over and over and over gets very dull.  Repetitive dialogue over and over and over, often in the same zone/same session...   It's a great addition/idea but it gets bloody tiresome after the 10th (onwards) match of hearing it.   The dialogue options should be at least 10 times more diverse.  Give those voice actors something to do.

Anyway, you got my point.  If they added variety to the characters, which you could yourself find/buy/apply, preferably your own character completely based off defaults (I played D&D before people had home computers...  i was playing with character sheets at the age of 10...)  and I could progress MY character, I'd give a lot more care and attention to it.  If there were dungeons that got progressively harder to the point where no one could ever complete them without an epic 8 hour session with top gear and some luck.. That could be truly motivating.  What am I aiming for right now?  a grind on the same 5 maps witht eh same 4 (?)factions over and over.  My regular team-up is at the point where she can't stand Tivinter Ruins or Dark Spawn (She can elaborate here if she so wishes) any longer.

There is no reason for SP and MP to be completely segregated, it is very doable to make a game where players never have to SP, or ever have to MP, but to take a SP character you've honed into MP with a MP locker of gear (if necessary) and possibly have SP characters AI in MP (if game AI progresses well enough to have them act and react intelligently enough).  I mean if Bioware wants to make cash off micro-transactions, make the items cheap, prolific and interesting/useful.  I love some of the outfits I see but they are all crap compared to the Drakescale, which ALL LOOKS THE SAME on every damn character.

I'd log into ME3MP more if i didn't have to switch over my cables to the PS3.  (PS4 should be backwards compatible, shame on you Sony)

I'd prefer to keep SP and MP essentially separate. Though, considering how tiresome I found SP, maybe switching it up like how you said wouldn't be a bad thing. Not sure, though. For now, I'm happy with the option of one or the other.

This. Also, (unrelated) while the combat design feels very balanced for MP, it is not the case for SP. AI tactics are garbage. SP as a whole is  unplayable for me because of the combat. Perhaps they need to figure out a solution to balance combat in different ways for both game modes.

I found SP kind of dull all-around (at least the environments and shiny bits look nice, I guess), but it wasn't until I got to the point of using berserk masterworks that I actually started to enjoy combat, and it still required effort to want to keep playing at times. Being killed by Cassandra's bull-rush with suspicious consistency really outlines how amazing the AI is.

As for balancing things, it might help if they stopped pretending Dragon Age is an RPG.

Gya

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 55.00
I wouldn't mind a co-op mode of sorts, like summoning sunbros in DS3. It's something I never got to experience thanks to my sh*t internet, but I'd have loved to have helped out other players. (I did get to experience being invaded but thanks to my potato router that mainly backfired on the invaders). Of course, they'd have to make DA4 actually challenging to make co-op truly worthwhile, so you get a real sense of achievement. Something that can't just be turned into a faceroll by crafting. Like maybe balancing nightmare around almost needing to have a co-op buddy.

Also, they have clearly demonstrated that they don't want to make a tactical rpg so instead of a bloody awful half poo, half turd hybrid like DA:I, they should just make an actual action RPG. No pausing in co-op mode, no crappy half-baked "tactical camera" (lol GOTY).

Not enough responsiveness behind controls (like The Witcher 3, I hate that game for its bad gameplay, yet The Division does something similar but pulls it off so nicely).

Hey! Witcher 3 combat was great, and also totally well balanced and not broken by crafting at all...
Spoiler

As for balancing things, it might help if they stopped pretending Dragon Age is an RPG.

What do you consider it?

What do you consider it?

Dragon Effect.

A simplified action hybrid with RPG elements, where combat is too rigid to be action, yet too active to really be tactical. I'd prefer it if they'd just choose one way or the other instead of trying to hold onto both, is all.

What do you consider it?

Since the storyline propels you linearly, I wouldn't call it RPG except for a few elements like the 'conversation wheel' and cutscenes. Choices doesn't make

enough impact on your character in the end. Some choices in SP leaves you with leaving your friends behind to die, is supposedly sufficient to call it

consequential, but I wouldn't call it roleplay.

Dragon Effect.

A simplified action hybrid with RPG elements, where combat is too rigid to be action, yet too active to really be tactical. I'd prefer it if they'd just choose one way or the other instead of trying to hold onto both, is all.

Yeah, IMHO the MP combat system should have been used in SP, but the enemy AI and poor npc pathing prevented that from happening.

Dragon Effect.

It is an action RPG and marketed and reviewed as such.