Hopefully everyone!

It's always confounded me with the vastness of DAI SP why so few maps in MP. I guess they didn't want to have exterior maps (Like running through the forest, desert etc.) But I think it could have easily been done, For examples, some of the small villages in Exalted Plains of even a dungeon crawl from Descent. Maybe they were just feeling it out how successful it would be and have a more extensive MP in "DA-4 The Quest For More Money" (hee hee! Who gets that reference?) 

I believe a lot of things were good enough in DAI:MP. The progression system sucked, although it was still okay because you did progress and was rewarded by the grind (something that isn't done properly in The Division).

The maps were fine. The 5-zones system was a bit repetitive, but the random routing was a really good feature. Maybe they can still improve that a bit, perhaps move on to a different system that isn't as static. In any case, more open-world maps like the dragon map and beautiful vistas would be cool.

There are 3 things I'd like to see improved, IMO.

1. The overall gameplay : bad combat movement (I've spent some time attempting to create a different movement system, and I / it completely failed, an overall pass of all enemy AI would've been needed to make it work). Not enough or too much "weight" in combat animations; warriors didn't have enough weight (especially 2H was disgusting to play with in auto-attack mode), most bow/mage animations were fine, though. Not enough responsiveness behind controls (like The Witcher 3, I hate that game for its bad gameplay, yet The Division does something similar but pulls it off so nicely). Auto-attack (left clicks) wasn't done properly IMO, looked way off on warriors especially. And I still don't know why the devs chose to completely lock movement during attacks (animation priority > controls), like a poorly done dark souls-ish system. The virtuoso + Isabella feel much better to play with that in mind as they can attack while moving, isn't that cool. Also, don't make undodgeable attacks (red templar spikes, demon commander charge), that ain't cool. Finally, how cool would it be to have classes that play completely differently, think bow+arrow would have a FPS crosshair, yet mages would play in 3rd person, borrowing gameplay elements from destiny here...

2. Enemy / friendly AI. "Defend the Inquisition Messenger" wave event turned out to be "Get the Inquisition Messenger killed as fast as possible" event. Also, if I'm fighting a footsoldier and all he does is aimlessly swing his sword at air, then I don't feel challenged. If you want to get more action-y type of combat (I guess this is why DA:I drifted away from previous DAs for more action-y gameplay?) then make sure the AI is up to par. I'd LOVE to have similar AI as in Dark souls (I'm asking too much here) or Dragon's dogma. Luke nailed the AI in Heartbreaker mode, I'm sure they can figure out something extraordinary if they work with him.

3. Progression is super important to keep you playing. Just get a solid progression system. I'm not a game dev but there's no doubt there's something better than mindlessly grinding promotions that make you stupid overpowered.

Archer/Hunter also shoot while moving.  Game-play is good enough for me that the technical glitches way overshadow my personal desire for them to invest time improving combat.  Your points all ring true with me though.  I'm sure Bioware will continue some sort of evolution, but it seems alright as is. I prefer the ME:MP system as it utilizes cover better but you can leverage it in DAIMP if you're careful (as mentioned, not too close to walls as they are see through/arrow porous).  If DAIMP was like ME3MP in that regard, i would be ecstatic.  It just seems more realistic to use environment to dodge/make attacks that to stand in the open and get riddled with ballistics/spell goo.  some classes it makes sense, my hunter should be in camouflage.

I'm not totally on board to make classes all play vastly differently but having more play options, off a default, would add useful flavour.

The promotion system works as there was never any intention to make this more than a basic crawler.  In a sense, it is the best way to cap off the rpg, i can't see how limitless levels would do any good or be much different.  There's just nowhere to go, so leaderboard graveyard (if you get so lucky).

As in teh AI thread, the Captain is the most stupid AI in the game, in my opinion.  they spent zero time on that dude.

One big game-play issue i do have is the camera gets stuck after rushing mobs...  stuck camera and not getting it oriented to keep fighting, unless it is intended that way, then nm i guess

I believe a lot of things were good enough in DAI:MP. The progression system sucked, although it was still okay because you did progress and was rewarded by the grind (something that isn't done properly in The Division).

The maps were fine. The 5-zones system was a bit repetitive, but the random routing was a really good feature. Maybe they can still improve that a bit, perhaps move on to a different system that isn't as static. In any case, more open-world maps like the dragon map and beautiful vistas would be cool.

There are 3 things I'd like to see improved, IMO.

1. The overall gameplay : bad combat movement (I've spent some time attempting to create a different movement system, and I / it completely failed, an overall pass of all enemy AI would've been needed to make it work). Not enough or too much "weight" in combat animations; warriors didn't have enough weight (especially 2H was disgusting to play with in auto-attack mode), most bow/mage animations were fine, though. Not enough responsiveness behind controls (like The Witcher 3, I hate that game for its bad gameplay, yet The Division does something similar but pulls it off so nicely). Auto-attack (left clicks) wasn't done properly IMO, looked way off on warriors especially. And I still don't know why the devs chose to completely lock movement during attacks (animation priority > controls), like a poorly done dark souls-ish system. The virtuoso + Isabella feel much better to play with that in mind as they can attack while moving, isn't that cool. Also, don't make undodgeable attacks (red templar spikes, demon commander charge), that ain't cool. Finally, how cool would it be to have classes that play completely differently, think bow+arrow would have a FPS crosshair, yet mages would play in 3rd person, borrowing gameplay elements from destiny here...

2. Enemy / friendly AI. "Defend the Inquisition Messenger" wave event turned out to be "Get the Inquisition Messenger killed as fast as possible" event. Also, if I'm fighting a footsoldier and all he does is aimlessly swing his sword at air, then I don't feel challenged. If you want to get more action-y type of combat (I guess this is why DA:I drifted away from previous DAs for more action-y gameplay?) then make sure the AI is up to par. I'd LOVE to have similar AI as in Dark souls (I'm asking too much here) or Dragon's dogma. Luke nailed the AI in Heartbreaker mode, I'm sure they can figure out something extraordinary if they work with him.

3. Progression is super important to keep you playing. Just get a solid progression system. I'm not a game dev but there's no doubt there's something better than mindlessly grinding promotions that make you stupid overpowered.

I believe a lot of things were good enough in DAI:MP...

I don't think anyone would have spent so long playing if they hadn't done a lot right. As so many people have pointed out since launch, though, there's also a lot that was done wrong, or at least could have been done better. The lack of actual cover or real skill mechanics are a good example, but that's an issue with the base game, like a lot of things.

Progression really could be in challenges, though. For example, two tiers of 10-rank challenges for games won, where the first tier unlocks a rank every 10 games and the second unlocks a rank every 15 games after the first tier is finished. That way, you still get your 250 games, but it feels more attainable and progressive in smaller chunks, and if every rank is unlocking class-relevant rewards like attributes, +3% Attack, Armor, Attack Speed, Crit Chance, etc. across the board, with banners/portraits at the end, then there's a reason to care along the way.

Ability rewards would be things like +1 rank of the Berserk ability, where every character can then get attack/move speed from a kill. If the ability reads from an attribute value, it shouldn't be a problem. Gear could just be +x to that value. The same could be done with the chance to avoid any attack, and a chance-based version of physical immunity, either up to a cap or simply limited by the number of possible increases.

For active abilities, Dragon's Dogma had an unlockable third tier for skills/spells in Dark Arisen when you used the relevant accessory. There was also a mod for Dragon Age 2 which added more ranks/upgrades to abilities (I think it was this one). If challenges could unlock things like that, the game would have much more staying power, imo, and give a reason to having a high level cap and no promotions.

For those who care about leaderboards, just make the score based on total xp earned or something.

All wishful thinking on my part, perhaps, but that's just how it goes.

Terrell

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00
I'm a simple man with simple requests and generally I think the game got a lot right. However, the camera system needs a major revamp. On PC anyway, I find that I am constantly depressing the right mouse button and manually rotating the camera. Very surprised my mouse has held up. Next, I am borrowing this from something I read a long time ago, it would be nice if there was a reward or incentive to playing each agent for a notable number of games. For example, for every star of the agent challenge, maybe that character starts at one higher level after promoting. So, if you get 5 stars for an agent, after a promote you start at level 6 with 5 ability point to spend. As we all probably can agree, playing level 1s is lame for most agents.

I'm a simple man with simple requests and generally I think the game got a lot right. However, the camera system needs a major revamp. On PC anyway, I find that I am constantly depressing the right mouse button and manually rotating the camera. Very surprised my mouse has held up. Next, I am borrowing this from something I read a long time ago, it would be nice if there was a reward or incentive to playing each agent for a notable number of games. For example, for every star of the agent challenge, maybe that character starts at one higher level after promoting. So, if you get 5 stars for an agent, after a promote you start at level 6 with 5 ability point to spend. As we all probably can agree, playing level 1s is lame for most agents.

There's a config setting that allows the camera to automatically follow your mouse without needing to trigger it

Terrell

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 50.00

There's a config setting that allows the camera to automatically follow your mouse without needing to trigger it

Hmm, I thought I tried all the camera settings when I first started. Guess I'll have to take another look.

On the PS4 the camera often sticks at the end of a mob rush.

I agree, a lot was done right or i wouldn't be playing it, regardless of the good people I've met playing it.  My effort with the post was to look at it critically as eventually some Bioware dev will see the points and not be able to un-see them.  Offering default options if a player is lazy works, while having depth of tuning/character development/RP possibilities open to all and deeper RPG mechanics which encourage effort and offer challenges, both personal and for friendly competition..

I'd also like to add that on the PS4 anyway, there is a big lack of log information.  I would really like to see what killed me, or understand the benefits of cross-class combos.  I guess that might lead to more dps epeen?  Understand i left a game that had major 3rd party log evaluations (World of Logs, etc) where i could evaluate the efficiency of whatever build i was using, weapons, etc.    All I'd like is some basic stats, as they help me see, in comparison, my progression and understand what i did/am doing incorrectly.  I suppose that might expose the flawed aspects Bioware is hoping no one sees after they reload from a Blue Screen. (Anyone actually read the comments/look at the reports???  I feel bad for some of the comments I've made.. a little.)

Progression really could be in challenges, though. For example, two tiers of 10-rank challenges for games won, where the first tier unlocks a rank every 10 games and the second unlocks a rank every 15 games after the first tier is finished. That way, you still get your 250 games, but it feels more attainable and progressive in smaller chunks, and if every rank is unlocking class-relevant rewards like attributes, +3% Attack, Armor, Attack Speed, Crit Chance, etc. across the board, with banners/portraits at the end, then there's a reason to care along the way.

Ability rewards would be things like +1 rank of the Berserk ability, where every character can then get attack/move speed from a kill. If the ability reads from an attribute value, it shouldn't be a problem. Gear could just be +x to that value. The same could be done with the chance to avoid any attack, and a chance-based version of physical immunity, either up to a cap or simply limited by the number of possible increases.

For active abilities, Dragon's Dogma had an unlockable third tier for skills/spells in Dark Arisen when you used the relevant accessory. There was also a mod for Dragon Age 2 which added more ranks/upgrades to abilities (I think it was this one). If challenges could unlock things like that, the game would have much more staying power, imo, and give a reason to having a high level cap and no promotions.

Yeah, it would be cool to see perks you gain from progression that are different from the 3 main stats, like attack speed, etc. Another problem that I can think of is the loadouts: everyone had the same loadout (Hakkon + PI) which was way overpowered and some of that gear made everything else pretty much obsolete. Balance of weapons and gear across the board is something I'd like to see in another DAMP.

Another problem that I can think of is the loadouts: everyone had the same loadout (Hakkon + PI) which was way overpowered and some of that gear made everything else pretty much obsolete. Balance of weapons and gear across the board is something I'd like to see in another DAMP.

For sure. Looking at the Isabela build russ4ua16 posted, all I could think about was how I couldn't stand using anything except Hakkon's Mercy and Bloody Bargain, and it isn't for lack of fun alternatives. They just aren't as good. Still don't have PI, though, even at 255/187/200.

I considered modifying weapon quality and levels so everything would be on par with the level 26/27 stuff, just for some variety in a private-only setting, but since most of my friends have moved on to something else, there wouldn't be much of a point.