Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

JohnnyHarpoon

Revived
Savior

Souls: 263.00
Bank: 18,153.50
Wiki Edits: 22
http://www.gamepur.com/news/15058-ps4-e ... ly-be.html

"They are replacing magic with gadgets, guns and such. Main mechanic seems to be related to blood and blood is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits."
"You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play," reads the details from Famitsu as translated by NeoGaf user.
"We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future."

Crabot

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 534.00
Vampire MC semi-confirmed, I guess. I can't really see any other way to interpret "sucking blood".
Magic has been replaced with gun/gadgets? This is wonderful news, actually, will be more fun. I'm interested in seeing how the stats/level up system will work. Can you spec yourself to be efficient with gadgets? How will damage from guns work? And possibly the most important question- Is the beast form actually another "Form" that you go into or is it just this games version of getting a nasty hollow/vampire face that's hidden underneath your helmet/tophat. I'm holding out hope that you actually start turning into a monster.... WAIT.

Dead Enemies = Estus? Using Estus = Hollowing? Hollowing = Actual Debuffs (not just a health reduction)?

Satan

Revived
Savior

Souls: 32,918.00
Bank: 27,439.89
Wiki Edits: 2
Guess beast form is the new hollow form, and now basically hollow players have to kill players who are human/alive to regain their human form, which in turn makes it a never ending cycle of PvPing. So perhaps one player must be beast and the other must be human in order to fight.

Shakie666

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 386.00
Bank: 8,342.00
To me, 'beast form' implies that you'd be more powerful, not less. Like you'd turn into a werewolf or something. Not saying the article's wrong, just that 'beast form' is quite a misleading name.
Tl;dr? Don't be lazy!

HolyLuigi

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,235.00
Wiki Edits: 3
To me it looks like now they turn players into mini-bosses (beast mode activated) and other human players will have to sorta group up and challenge them for more blood. Some will hunt to become beasts, some will hunt to rid the world of the disease. Bloody brilliant.

I wonder if it will be set to perma-night world, because you know, sunlight sparkles.

Myztyrio

Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Souls: 1,765.00
Bank: 1,911.00
Wiki Edits: 9
HolyLuigi wrote:To me it looks like now they turn players into mini-bosses (beast mode activated) and other human players will have to sorta group up and challenge them for more blood. Some will hunt to become beasts, some will hunt to rid the world of the disease. Bloody brilliant.

I wonder if it will be set to perma-night world, because you know, sunlight sparkles.

The way you're putting it sounds very appealing. Basically, the beast form will have some sort of advantages that players will either gang up to overcome(along with the PvE, maybe? The beast can use this to advantage like an invader?) or if they're badass enough, maybe duel them alone.
I stream regularly at Twitch.tv/Myztyrio. Check it out!

I've also got a Youtube:
youtube.com/myztyrio

Odinbear

Hollowed
Redeemer

Souls: 2,884.00
Just watched a video and looks like zombies, but thrown at you like the rat fight ( they just keep coming ). And perhaps, players become these " beasts" and silently invade other players worlds. Vaat also said co- op. So maybe we're looking at more than 4 players at a time interacting. All the souls series have the 4 limitation.

Rafahil

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 2,844.50
Bank: 6,608.00
Wiki Edits: 42
I have a feeling that the covenants (if there are any) will determine in what type of "Beast" you'll transform into.

Lemniscate_Mike

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 823.00
I have a feeling that I can't sleep for the year required until this comes out.... ='(

ublug

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 7,085.00
Wiki Edits: 1192
JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Main mechanic seems to be related to blood and blood is also used to regain your HP and gain various other benefits."
"You get blood sucking it from corpses or items. Sucking too much blood will turn you into a beast which I suppose is this game’s Soul/Hollow form. The game will apparently become a lot harder to play/control when in beast mode. To become a human again you need human blood and is where the online component comes into play."

So beast blood is used for healing (like estus), but I'm not quite sure what they mean by 'sucking too much' though. Can you deliberately use to much to become stronger (like a power-up), or do you gradually become more beastly during a fight the more you heal from damage taken, or both?
Satan wrote:Guess beast form is the new hollow form, and now basically hollow players have to kill players who are human/alive to regain their human form, which in turn makes it a never ending cycle of PvPing. So perhaps one player must be beast and the other must be human in order to fight.

This sounds very good. Beasts can hunt humans, and humans can hunt beasts.

There's also been some speculation about parts of the online aspect being similar to Journey, meaning your world can randomly cross/merge with another player (human or beast) without being prompted or using any soapstone. Then you can choose to team up/engage, or ignore them and move on to make your worlds split apart again.

Miyazaki also said this about death in Dengeki:
When pressed about how the game will treat player deaths, Miyazaki said that he doesn’t want to make such an inevitability a huge deal. Rather than use death in Bloodborne as a form of punishment, Miyazaki hopes that it will instead prove to be a motivational catalyst for players and compel them to keep trying to tackle challenges again and again. Death, then, is less meant to be something intended to make players feel helpless, but rather heighten that sense of just barely making it out of fights alive when they do manage to win against an enemy.

This sounds like death also makes you stronger, or some other kind of perk. Could it be that you don't lose your souls upon death? Or do both dying and sucking (too much) blood have the same consequences? Questions, questions..