Discussions from our smallest wikis are found here! Check the Wiki Hub for details
By Anonymous
it has D and 3 E scaling. so is it better to get the minimum stats (18) and than focus on Luck?
or are the scaling still better and I should level strength or faith?
By Anonymous
Is this sword even worth using after the patch?
By DemonsSoulsMaster
Yea it still slaps, especially with light weapon. With 20-25 luck, I don’t remember exactly, I took on the vanguard demon in islands edge and banged out a cheeky 500 damage per hit.
By Anonymous
From Demon's Souls ps3, this sword works too with lucky?
By Anonymous
Yes
By Anonymous
One dumb thing abt Dark Souls/Demon Souls is the weapons ruling character builds, for PvP in particular. An RPG game wherein any weapon can be honed and wielded effectively by player builds that do not depend upon stat optimization or optimal builds would make a better game.
By Anonymous
Nope that does not make sense, are you ****ing stupid? Essentially removing stats would remove a core aspect that is one of the main appeals, challenges, and mechanics of every Souls game. Please stop being a ****ing troglodyte and use your five brain cells to actually think, thanks.
By Anonymous
^^ What he said......
By Anedime
A game where every weapon is identical in stats is a game that's generally ****. There's a reason you're not a game developer, don't quit your day job.
By Anonymous
Dude....you are STUPID AS F***!!!! you seriously think that the point of this game is to be easy? It is supposed to be challenging. In multiple aspects, which is what makes this serious of games so great. If i could just pick up any weapon, then there would be a huge reduction in everyone's personal reasoning for their leveling up process. We all have a different set of reasons as to why we level up, the different outcomes of yhe use of weapons, armor, spells, dodging capabilities etc. If a pure magic vuild could effortlessly use a heavy armor and an OG great sword , well the game would just be easy. If you want easy, go play a farming simulator or animal crossings....and please Please PLEASE keep your stupid a** ideas that obviously lack any brain power or degree of intelligence to you f***ing dumb a** piece of wasted s*** self. Thanks, and have horrible day....fyi i hope i get the chance to invade you and a** f*** the s*** out of your pansy a** :*
By Anonymous
So I'm not going to scream insults like the other guys, because I find that unhelpful and generally rude. But I disagree. In your scenario, there would be an optimal way to play. A best weapon, a best shield, a best armor set, etc. What that would mean is that there is also a best strategy, and it would destroy the meta. Everyone would only use the best things because, assuming equal skill levels among players, anything else would just be detrimental. What you want is something that would be amazing, but is impossible to balance, and would eventually make things uninteresting.

But even in solo games, the builds give variety and replay value. I thought a luck build in DS3 was going to suck. Turns out it was some of the most fun I've had in the game because I had to adapt to my new limitations. I couldn't just use my big sword anymore. I had to focus on fast attacks that built up status ailments. The way I played the game changed. The way I saw the game changed. And that's what made it so interesting.

But play the game the way you want to. Seriously, they're meant to be fun. Some people get way to intense. If you're not having fun, then why play the game? Sekiro took me months to beat because it was more frustrating then fun, even though it got better with time. I've been super into Breath of the Wild lately, but The Reignited Trilogy was probably the most fun I've had in years. I very much recommend those whenever your tired of demon killing.
By Anonymous
The answers here are the perfect example of how toxic Is the souls community. A group frustrated beign ready to trow insults on everyone.
By Anonymous
^^To person on 22 Feb^^ Because the anon said something really stupid and contradictory, not just to this franchise, but to making video games as a whole. If you say something wrong, that’s fine as long as you apologize and make up for it by learning more. But the anon formatted his statement in a way that made it seem like their way is the correct way to make this a better experience for everyone! Acting so pompous will only result in people not taking your crap and acting hostile to you. This isn’t an exclusive trait with Souls community. You could just as easily replace “souls” in your statement with anything else. Who cares that these people were being rude? Why are you ignoring the points that they made that discredited and showed why the anon was fundamentally wrong?
By Anonymous
Threads like these man can't have an intelligent discussion got to throw f-bombs and death threats. And act like children it doesn't matter if he said it in a generalized way, use more than 5 brain cells to come up with a better response than $#$#$ i $#$# your mother you mother $^%$% i hope i can invade you $^$% world you ^#%& people like this make me embarrassed to be a dark souls vet
By DemonsSoulsMaster
People getting so butthurt over the replies lmao. Cussing isn’t that bad yeah it may not be helpful but you shouldn’t be getting that offended by it. If you read the comments you know what to expect
By Anonymous
Go play Dark Souls 3 then. You can enchant just about every weapon to scale with and Stat. But that's no fun that's why dark souls 3 died so fast to much of the same. Also in the other soulsbourne games there are usually a few weapons that work with a particular Stat. Not leveling just takes away from the whole rpg element you can't role play as the type of character you want. People who think like you is the reason the last dark souls sucked in variety so much you want everything handed to you instead of having weapons that are unique and have their own move sets. Instead we get a hundred versions of the long sword that do the same thing but just look different no thanks.
By Anonymous
PVP is dumb.
By Anonymous
@DemonsSoulsMaster: It's not about being offended, it's about being embarrassed, if the first thing to say in response is "f*** you". It tells a lot about a person, and the person's lack of rationality and empathy. But who am I to tell? F*** you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By Anonymous
This website is a joke lol
By DemonsSoulsMaster
@Aug 21 anon true but let’s be honest online comments don’t reveal everything about a person and nobody remembers or cares what somebody said on a gaming wiki anyways, which is why you see so much bad language
By Anonymous
ok, I will be the one to rap this up

git gud
By Anonymous
Glitch still in the remake as of 12/8/20. 11 year old son performed the gold glitch twice and now gets multiple drops per enemy and one shot enemies and bosses. I can see doing this just to farm everything in the game, but now PvP is gone. I guess soulsucker will reset his level, but who carries this spell besides final boss? I have a magic build at 122 and never one thought to carry this spell.
By Anonymous
Have over 100 hours PvP, not encountered one person using it.
By Anonymous
Why is your 11 year old son playing a game like this? Nice work.
By Anonymous
Yeah I imagine SL 999 PVP is lonely. Don’t even know if the 712 cap players can even match with glitches.
By Anonymous
You let your 11 year old son play this game? What kind of father are you?
By Anonymous
My 7 year old can beat most bosses using this sword.
By Anonymous
Why are you letting your 11 year old child play this game? that's rather inappropriate in my opinion, what a great parent you must be.
By Anonymous
When I was his son’s age, I was knee deep in Silent Hill and Resident Evil. The kids going to grow up fine. I did, I grew up to be Tom Brady.
By Anonymous
My 7 year old beat gundyr on his second try. Nothing wrong with letting them play hard games when they are young
By Anonymous
Your kid is gonna be an alpha. Don't listen to these betas telling you otherwise.
By Anonymous
Yeah, he’ll be an “alpha” all right... when he’s topping other dudes in prison because of his violent nature. In other news, nobody cares about your 11 year old.
By Anonymous
I don't think this guy's son is gonna rot in prison because he played a video game dip$hit
By Anonymous
The links to violence in video games have been disproven by nearly every single peer reviewed study.
There have been some potential links to those who are already suffering from violent tendencies becoming more likely to act out if they play games, but well adjust humans adult or children do not become more violent because of video games.
We are very far past the 90s folks.... lets let this myth die already.
By Anonymous
Well that's a good lesson for your 11 year old, actions have consequences
By DemonsSoulsMaster
I don’t think that playing a game where you kill fake monsters with magic and swords translates to real life violence
By Anonymous
the people criticizing this guy are ******
By Anonymous
Not really sure why everyone focused on the 11 year old son part, and not the "bug still exists within the game" part, which is clearly the most important part of your post.