Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki
By Anonymous
I'm gonna shuv those swords up his ***
By Anonymous
Summoning is the best way to fight this boss, because then it's like an epic confrontation for the man who wronged all of Lothric.
By Anonymous
I killed this man not cuz he is evil and rude but because he is in the way of accessing the fight club (the real reward for killing him (100% facts))
By Anonymous
Actually beat him 2nd try albeit with that one NPC phantom. I never summoned phantoms before this so I wanted to see how easy it is, turns out phantoms, even NPC ones, are op.

My only gripe with this fight is his stupid hitbox, like you can be hugging him, swing, and still not hit him????
By Anonymous
Interesting...everyone seems to struggle with different bosses. The first time i met abyss watchers i often heared how hard they are, still went in without any guide or letsplay knowledge. They stopped me for slightly more than 30min...as any Caster you can even outrun them and they have no attack to close the distance really quick. The "burning dash" in phase 2 can also be outrunned or easily dodged.
Pontiff on the other hand took me 3 hours. If the distance between a caster and him is too big, he always rushes in, so even a caster should consider to melee him if you can't maintain that sweet spot where he just walks towards you. Even kiting NK is easier.
As a pure melee, the AW had also way more standardized combos and can be staggered or even knocked down easily. Pontiff has times where he just freaks out and has unlimited stamina. He can be staggered too but i only see knockdown when i sunbrofarm him and he gets smashed up by 2-3 players.
By Anonymous
Interesting...everyone seems to struggle with different bosses. The first time i met abyss watchers i often heared how hard they are, still went in without any guide or letsplay knowledge. They stopped me for slightly more than 30min...as any Caster you can even outrun them and they have no attack to close the distance really quick. The "burning dash" in phase 2 can also be outrunned or easily dodged.
Pontiff on the other hand took me 3 hours. If the distance between a caster and him is too big, he always rushes in, so even a caster should consider to melee him if you can't maintain that sweet spot where he just walks towards you. Even kiting NK is easier.
As a pure melee, the AW had also way more standardized combos and can be staggered or even knocked down easily. Pontiff has times where he just freaks out and has unlimited stamina. He can be staggered too but i only see knockdown when i sunbrofarm him and he gets smacked up by 2-3 players.
By Anonymous
Would be an amazing fight if he had a bigger hp pool instead of copying himself like a pleb.
By Anonymous
when i found out what he did to anor londo and gwyndolin i wanted to feed him head first into a 20 year starved mimic
By Anonymous
Basically makes the fight a cakewalk, giving you 4-5 free hits in. Add the initial parry and idk how this boss fight is giving people trouble at all.
By Anonymous
Above reply is for the next comment, my bad.
By Anonymous
Co-op Souls: NG+7 26250
By Anonymous
Praise the sun!!