Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki
By iron_dragon_slayer
Posts Avatar
i cant wait to get ds2 altho im sad that they have put artorias's sword in the wrong hand i might still use it
By Anonymous
You're wrong boi Sir artorias has left hand dominant and before manus breaks his left arm hi was holding greatsword on left hand
By Anonymous
artorias was right hand dominant it was his shield arm that got broken
By Anonymous
Artorias was Left handed, he lost his arm and was forced to use the right with the sword, so now remember all the times that a left handed person utterly obliterated your *** using his sword in his non dominant hand
By Anonymous
does anyone think besides me that he could be a Ambidextrous person or also known as a person that can use both his left or right hand?
By Anonymous
edit: artorias could be Ambidextrous I mean
By Anonymous
Artorias had to basically make himself ambidextrous in order to use his sword once his left arm was mauled and broken
By Anonymous
if he wasn't ambidextrous he was right handed
By Anonymous
He can't have been ambidextrous because when he holds the sword in his right hand he uses its offhand moveset.
By Anonymous
I think that Artorias might be both handed what if he was duel wielding weapons during his fight with manus and his left handed weapon was knocked into the abyss and remember the Chasm of the abyss and it could possibly travel forever and when someone found it they used it for generations which is led to us finding it in dark souls 2 because the only other person we ever see in dark souls 1 to use two weapons at the same time is Ciaran.
By Anonymous
Artorias had a greatshield which was in dark souls 1 and 3. He gave it to sif in order to protect her (and he couldnt use it cuz arm broke)
By Anonymous
Actually, 24Oct, I think it was his sword arm that was broken, specifically because he didnt have his shield (since he gave that to Sif). He's that deadly using his weaker arm
By Anonymous
Should I, hah hah hah, fume ultra in right hand majestic great sword in the left, now my good invader can I kindly ask you to... DIIIEEEEEEEE
By Anonymous
Have fun managing equip load
By Anonymous
Stat requirements for powerstance line up very well with Ruler's Sword. The L2 can be used as a parry counter, it can be parried itself but since its startup is so long they will whiff it if they're trying to read you and eat the full thing. Then you can switch out of powerstance and do the normal L2 on their wakeup to catch the roll if you time it right.
By Anonymous
Nah m8 min req 2 powerstance and raw moonlight gs as the right
By Bloodyeye769
Posts Avatar
Let me set the record straight for all of the people who do not believe artorias was left handed. Yes, there is no item description telling us that he was left handed, but we don't need that. The real thing that tells us he was left handed is the fact that it makes no sense for the arm with one of the best greatshields in the game on it to get mauled somehow. It would make far more sense for the sword to have been in the left arm, since the left arm would then be unguarded and able to be damaged. Fight me lmao
By Anonymous
If you look at artorias set in dark souls you can see how the left side of the armor is more reinforced than the right side. A similar thing appens for the elite knight set, because the shield is supposed to be wielded with the left hand. So artorias armor shows how he was right handed.
By Anonymous
The armor argument is thoroughly debunked. A quick Google will lead you to a Reddit thread where an actual armor smith posts a lengthy rebuttal. In the same thread it is discussed that the Japanese description of this sword indicates that all previous owners were left handed. This would include Artorias.
By Anonymous
Actually, Artorias may have armored his left side specifically because he was left-handed. His right side wouldn't need the protection (since he bore a full greatshield on that side), so he protected his more important left arm (without his sword arm, he was much less capable) with more armor
By Anonymous
Wearing heavy armor on the weapon wielding arm is actually the opposite of what you want if you wield a weapon like that. You need a light and agile arm for that matter.
By Anonymous
Artorias broke his left arm using every last ounce of his strength to protect Syf from the Abyss. I mean, you really don’t have to think about it all that much... In DS3 if you offer enough sword grass to the Wolfs of Farron covenant you will be rewarded his shield, that means that he did wield a shield. WITH HIS LEFT HAND!!!!! We all know his story and we all know how he fell to the darkness. He used every last bit of divine power in his shield, blessed by Gwyn himself, to protect his most beloved companion. Shattering his arm in the process. How else would you explain how that ring of golden sunlight, deep in the Abyss in DS1 was protecting Syf...
By Anonymous
Ps: He really was stoic and didn’t express much emotion but like anyone with his mindset he will go above and beyond just to save a companion. Espacially one he has such a powerful bond with. It would only make his lore that much better if he actually broke his arm trying to protect the goodest boi in the world (of Dark Souls..).
By Bigboi69
Posts Avatar
Not to be "that guy" but actually Artorias was left handed, he always wielded his sword in his left hand and his shield in the right. When his left arm was broken, presumedly in his fight with manis, he cast his shield aside to protect Sif and then wielded his sword in his RIGHT hand. Which would also mean if his left arm wasn't broken in our fight with him, he would've bent our asses sideways with it.
By Anonymous
He didn't break his own arm, he was beaten by Manus.
By Anonymous
Think about it. This is Artorias's sword. When we wield it in our off hand, it has Artorias's move set from ds1. That means that that is the swords offhand moveset. Since Artorias was wielding the sword in his right hand, and using the offhand moveset of the sword, Artorias's right hand was his off hand, making him left-handed.
By Anonymous
Artorias was left handed much like the knight in Ds1 standard cover (which i always have presumed It was Artorias)
By Anonymous
artorias was right handed, his right hand got crushed so he was forced to learn to use his left hand...
By Anonymous
No,he was left handed but in his right one was his greatshield,he left his greatshield to protect Sif and then his arm was broken by manus,then he got corupted by abyss and then we killed him
By Anonymous
you people arguing over ridiculous stuffs just shut up and play the game
By Anonymous
The Ds1 standard cover is all bull*****it's made for promote and nothing else but Majestic Greatsword description on Ds2 and Cleansing Greatshield description tell you that Artorias is in fact Left-handed don't believe me? The armor of Artorias is similar to Silver knight armor and it's not PAULDRON take a look at official art of artorias the armor don't have pauldron "Buh but Artorias w-wield his sword on right hand and the coat cover his right arm tha-that's mean left arm have pauldron"-ds1/3 scobs the coat cover on his right arm probably for left arm mobility not pauldron what about cleansing Greatshield? "The steel greatshield used by Knight Artorias, who succumbed to the Abyss. Artorias, deeply scarred by the Abyss, used this to form a barrier to protect his compatriot Sif. Although this drained the shield, its magic defense remains high." take a look at this "used this to form a barrier to protect his compatriot Sif" and ""
By Anonymous
it has a C STR scaling.
By Anonymous
xue hua piao piao bei feng xiao xiao tian di yi pian cang mang
By Anonymous
egg dude has 2 majestic greatswords no wonder why he so strong