Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

dropped from dead merchant (male)
normal path or lightning path is better guys??
Lighting, just look at that damage
At lower levels lightning will perform better but when you reach Anor Londo and have higher dex I would go for normal for the A dex scaling.
It's very simple. If you are planning a dex build character that will make use of the A scaling, normal +15, if you are just meeting the requirements you need to be able to wield the weapon, lightning. The End.
Guccigatana
personally I love having this as my main right and washing pole as my second right slots, that way I can alternate in pve, honestly I just use uchi in pvp because the speed of washing pole makes me sad inside
Rap Homem De Ferro Eu Te Amo Mil Milhões 7 Minutoz
Ds 2 sempre sera o melhor ds
Ok, I'd like to start a conversation about this weapon. Between Uchi vs. Iatio, I can argue that the Uchigatana is a *slightly* better choice in general. At pretty much any dex level, the Uchi has more AR for normal reinforcement, although barely much more at all. The lower dex requirement can win some people over too. But most importantly I think is the difference in the heavy attack and the damage type(s). The Uchi has a piercing attack, while the Iaito is limited to slash attacks. That piercing attack can mean the difference of having to switch to another weapon or not for certain enemies and player armors, and I think this is the Uchigatana's strongest attribute. However, I wouldn't shame anyone who chooses the Iaito over the Uchi, the overall advantage is under generalized conditions, and not by a terrible amount.
Ok, one more point for the Uchigatana. Its not really a fair argument, but you can buy unlimited Uchigatanas from Shiva in any single NG, but Iaito is limited to one per playthrough.
I think the iaito is better only because its COOL
I say get the first uchi from the undead merchant and infuse it with fire then buy another one from Shiva and upgrade it normally
Because applying resin can get u killed in a boss fight
or you could just apply resin and dodge to save tons of upgrade materials
uchi or iaito i want to choose one for my dex character which one is better?
Both are dex weapons so its up to you xD you are free to use whichever you like
i much prefer uchi i got better move set for me

pelida77

Casual
Convict

Souls: 75.00
PVE are the same PVP I prefer the Uchi, you will do slightly more damage (both Scales A on DEX) .. but barely... they are pretty similar I'd say the One Handed R2 of the Uchi is more useful to me...
I can't give you an objective answer, they are very similar. Top Notch weapons, very difficult to tell. The Iaito requires 20 DEX, just 14 for the Uchi so at low level will depend on your build

pelida77

Casual
Convict

Souls: 75.00
A little below in this same comment section, some guy points out the fact that the Uchi is also a Thrust weapon (Slash and Thrust), instead the Iaito is only Slash type. Now thrust type weapons gets an invisible bonus to critical damage (and you can really get some advantage with the many thrust mechanics of the game and even buffing the weapon with Leo Ring) so that decides the whole thing I think
iaito only has 5 less damage at +15 so its really up to preference
Coochie Katana