Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

so I need to spend souls to unlock the ability to be able to roll essentially I know you still have frames but there basically nonexistent
git gud. real players don't need more than 86 AGL
Most stupid thing ever created in the series, it's even worse than soul memory, it's no wonder why most people think this game is the worst game in the franchise. If you don't spent dozens of levels on ADP it's nearly impossible dodge grabs for example, I remember playing this game for the first time and getting totally outraged by how the troll kept hitting me and grabbing me even when I perfectly rolled out of his range of attack
Well, if he grabbed you than you didn`t perfectly rolled out, i guess he cheated huh?
Welp, apparently Fextra thinks "hitboxes" coming after "atrocious" should be censored.
Considering the atrociou*****boxes in this game, it's a 50/50 shot as to whether the troll cheated or this guy just sucks.
Cry a little harder. You level up the most it seems in 2 and it’s not an issue literally at ALL. You just want to join the circle jerk hating on 2 so you can feel like you’re part of the club. At least try next time with something other than “waaaah I suck at the game worst in the series waaaaaah”
I hear what you're saying, but there are many, many, other reasons why this is by far the worst of the franchise. Still a good game in general, but compared to the other souls games, it's not nearly on the level.
Kinda funny you tell him to cry harder when you’re the one hysterically *****ing over it lmao, dude stop being so insecure that you think everyone who hates the worst souls game is just pretending because it’s pretty weak.
But 3 is the worse. It's just lesser blood borne with copy and paste stuff here and there
Just because you can level past it doesn't fix the fact that the effects are too steep. You're too vulnerable early on and near invincible later in i-frames. The abundance of levels doesn't fix that. Also, this game is actually pretty easy when it's not bugging out, so I think that get good is an unfair argument since it's the game that needs to get good, not the player.
Cope
There are a myriad of issues with ds2 other than adp hence why it’s considered the black sheep of the series. Imo dark souls 2 is a pretty good game, just not a good souls games.
While I dont think the execution was Ideal agility did bring the greatest parity between caster builds and quality builds. Caster builds are always gimped in 1 and 3 because of the need for atunement while quality builds could ignore it. It is probably one reason why build diversity is the greatest and most balanced in 2 because non caster builds had to invest in adaptability in the same way caster builds had to invest in atunement.
Casting speed being tied to Dex was such a stupid fucķıng idea.
I am very new to firsthand experiencing DS2 haters and people being incredibly toxic and illogical about some of the game mechanics. While subjectively, I think the ADP/Agility stat added both interest and depth that wasn't not in DS1 and was lost in DS3, I also think it is difficult to dispute that it helped balance out build styles. This, for me, increases the game's replayability and general playability. When people are whining about the stat they tend to neglect to acknowledge that ATN also increases agility at a reduced rate. The ATN stat that not only increases slots now, but also cast speed and number of casts. Attunement was also cleverly emphasized to be a stat to lean into as a pure pyromancer, as pyromancies have low total casts, slow cast speeds, and no innate cast speed on pyro catalysts, even moreso than other casters. Attunement also literally means tapping into people's energy which is a neat correlation as well.

Why is this relevant? Someone said in a rather ignorant comment below that agility and ADP forces people to build tanky or level adp. But that is a false dichotomy. And it is one experienced players can see through so clearly that I think they struggle to say a logical and respectful disproval of it. You can level attunement and achieve good agility and access 3 different styles of caster. Imagine a character that ignores ADP entirely and level vig/end/vit/strength. That character would have crap magic defense and poor rolling. But DS2 levels are very cheap and there being more stats makes levels less impactful (see how it balances out...see how a higher level meta is irrelevant...). So that character I just mentioned can invest into ADP to up their resistances, and levelling up int and faith just a bit will give you all the innate elemental defense you need. That character could go 40 vig/end/vit 50 str and still have approximately 45 levels to go before 150--a commonly cited soul level, which as mentioned before, does not directly correspond to the SL metas of DS or DS3 because 1) there are a different number of stats in each game, 2) levels cost significantly more in DS3 than DS1 or DS3, and 3) Absorption works differently in each game, and PERSONALLY I think Int/Faith rewarded players who didn't intend to spellcast much with good defenses for levelling them up AND strong pyromancies (and even stronger BKHs which was unnecessary but I am here for it). 45 levels that can be invested into magic defenses and enough attunement for two slots. You can specialize a bit however you want, and accentuate your build.

For those reasons, battle mages and paladins feel the best in DS2, as do magic ninjas and templar assassin style buids...specifically because of the inclusion of ADP, agility, and the adjustments made to weight load, stamina, endurance, vitality, and attunement. And since we're fanboying to shut up the detractors can we just repeat, that so many of these changes were bitterly tossed out in DS3 as if Fromsoft saw the backlash and said oh pls Miyazaki put it back to your way (the way that isn't new or innovative anymore...now it's conservative--not judging anything else but souls). Resilience was a completely useless stat in DS1, remember? Somehow it is more comfortable for players to see a stat everyone can ignore, than one that can influence status effects, and evasiveness... Where is the role-playing and adventure with that attitude ffs?! I don't understand why RPG fans would get upset at giving it a purpose. IF NOT for any other reason than to whine that something (in this case, i-frames?) was taken away or "nerfed". I think people just got a grudge because they had to look up how ADP works online to figure out the i-frame stuff. Even though it clearly says makes you more evasive in game.
what zero ***** does to a mf
I see ADP being to STR/DEX builds as ATT is to INT/FTH. You can quite feel the cost you have to make to squeeze in Mage builds compared to STR/DEX focused builds in Dark Souls 1 and most noticeably 3 where you can ignore INT/FTH/ATT altogether in your build while a mage still has to consider STR/DEX to a degree if they want to have some weapon to fight with. This is on top of the stats that reflect Health, Stamina, and Equipment Weight and thus mages are well squishy. So in a way ADP even up the field a bit more unlike Resistance in Dark Souls 1 and Luck (for non farm/bleed/poison builds) in Dark Souls 3

That being said, I do wish they had a way to go about it that didn't tie the I Frames, It also doesn't help that Soul Memory beat the point of setting yourself at a level anyway making testing out the 150 meta a moot point.
Go touch some grass dude
The dark souls 2 community can be very toxic at times, but you'll get through it just fine, promise.
Brilliant comment. 19 Sept and 27 Feb Anons are the that need to grow tf up and undestand that just beacuse you're passionate about something doesn't mean you "have no life/gf"/whatever.

Inb4 3 June Anon has no life.
Hahaha I love the fanboys that focus on unrelated things and just insult the OP wiyh no actual evidence to back it up. That's what conservatives do when their opinions are challanged at least. "cUcK" they screamed
ADP is a good stat and DS2 is a great game that took big chances. I'm not sure why everyone thinks every character should have the same roll, PvP is better in DS2 than 1 and 2 because of this stat. It reduces 1 shots at metalevel(still possible; just nowhere near as likely) and it punishes one shot builds by forcing them to trade dodge reliability for the damage.

Soul Memory is a fantastic play field leveling mechanic, and makes twinking significantly harder to do effectively. Not to mention that the game has the greatest weapon and armor variety in the franchise. Is the game the best in the franchise? Depends on what you like most in DS games, but if you're here for PvP than the game delivers in big ways.

To anyone that complains that the stat is a crutch. Do you run meta rings? Do you run Meta builds? Are you an IronPineapple or Sunlight Blade build slave? Because there are way to many meta players running around complaining about a Crutch stat for me to take them seriously.
DS2 has the best PVP mostly because rolls are easier to catch and you can't use too many in quick succession. Not sure what that has to do with having 10 different roll variations with no difference in animation (as opposed to 3 distinct tiers in DS1). It's a good game but you don't have to bend over backwards to come up with reasons for why all of the bad parts are actually good.
Can you explain why it is a good idea for Soul Memory to account for souls that you have lost permanently after having failed to retrieve them?
just dont die, then you dont have to worry about recovering souls duh
The animation changes depending on weight tiers which also effects distance and how quickly you can act pit of your roll

King_Havel

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 65.00
Anonymous on16 Oct 2020 02:09, that's for you to learn your lesson and not commit the same mistake again - yes, if you died, there is 99.5% of chance that was your own mistake.

King_Havel

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 65.00
Sorry, I meant to address the message to the anonymous on 23 Sep 2020 17:34
The hitboxes are straight up garbage. The net code is absolutely terrible as well. Saying that the PVP is better in dark souls 2 than any other game is laughable.
Ds1 and 3 has worse hitboxes lmao
Eh imo
ds2 is good
really good
its a souls game
but **** adp
"Yea Id rather have BB where there's only 6 stats, 4 of them being 'do more damage' and only 5 builds existing"
Just finished the game with a Great-shield tank and zero stat investment in adaptability. Difficulty wise, game felt the same as when I was playing my agile max-iframes build but still, playing a true tank was tricky at first as I had to rewire my brain to rely heavily on proper positioning instead of reaction rolling. Especially after spending 1200 hours in DS3 witch is the most rolly game in the series.

I like how DS2 took a core survival mechanic of DS1(rolling) and made it a roleplay/build choice.

1200 hours lmao what a lowlife bum. No gf living in moms basement=you
Imagine being some prick online thinking that 1200 means anything and call the legend a no girlfriend lowlife, bro you sound less likely to find a girl than the person who made this comment
My man is on a goddamn dark souls fextra wiki and he's got the audacity to try to roast someone for playin the game alot, someone's projecting

officegossip

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 75.00
Second replier is right on the money. The fact that the guy was being an ******* is clearly indicative of their projecting.
Dark Souls 1 made rolling a roleplay\build choice as well... Just wear heavy armor and you're no longer rolling because it's suicide and/or you can't even roll. I prefer that style because your roleplay is based off equipment and not stats, just like your Greatshield choice. Your armor dictates how you avoid damage.
Replying to the anon talking about ds1, yes. I love being a fat *** that just flops to the floor when I roll, yet being unable to be stunned, and knowing how to parry so I can, on the painful attacks, not get hit. Only problem I usually have is backstabs, but my health pool and armor takes care of that.
A rational comment about DS2 Agility? On Fextra? What a miracle.
DS2 is BS when it comes to agility affecting healing, this is why it's the crappiest game in the Dark Souls series, healing should be almost instant not wait however amount of seconds based on your ADP, utterly BS. DS3 and DS1 never had problems with healing and using items, hell you could upgrade your health and endurance/agility and you can kick butt, here it's upgrade your ADP and then hopefully you can roll right or parry right and you have to upgrade your ADP to level kajillion to be able to heal properly and not be a sitting duck during a fight while you back away. Hell your roll also sucks cause your ADP is too low and you get caught for no reason. DS2 is so crappy, thank god From Soft put Hidetaka Miyazaki back in the master seat. Please never have the B team and Naotoshi Zin make another game again.
git gud lmao
You're just bad at the game, homie
Yeah, GIT GUUUUD *****
Awww, do you have to actually time your heals rather than just chug all day?
Sounds like something an Estus chugger would say. Learn to actually dodge instead of using Estus to make up for your lack of skill
Ladies and gentleman, the average * that says "ds2 bad"
Lmao, so this is what the Estus chuggers think.
DS3 is by far the worst game in the series.
Just wanted to jump on the hate train for the average dip **** that thinks ds 3 healing is good. Get your bloodborne healing out of my toxic souls game you fking meme :)
Imagine thinking ds2 healing methods are bad, sounds like you chug your estus instead of learning how to dodge, ds3 has the weakest players for always chugging while every other player dodges
Go and play Roll Simulator 2016 instead of whining about game mechanics that force you to take risks or go for the safer option (life gems).
Sounds like you didn't adapt well to ds2's mechanics
Did you actually play dark souls 1? Because estus chugging was slower in that then base stat item usage in DS2.
It sounds like you went and played Bloodborne 2, er.... I mean Dark Souls 3 and then came here to talk ****.
since the i-frame data given here is in 30fps, does that mean the i-frame count jumps by 2 at every breakpoint listed here in 60fps? or are there intermediaries where you get i-frames in single frame increments?
Copy paste from above

iFrame is short for “invincibility frame,” which is 1/30 of a second. This duration comes from the console versions of the game running at 30 frames per second. Running at a higher framerate doesn’t change the total invincibility duration, but the duration itself is measured in these exact increments.
ah, totally missed that, my b. thanks tho
this whole page is full of cry babies. there is nothing wrong with the agility stat. this is going to sound cliche but get good.
gotta love the 62 downvotes from the people that got salty they couldn't beat Forest of Fallen Giants lul
it’s laughable how many downvotes this has. agility is a good stat. get good losers
Bottom line,
What stats = max iframes.
According to the character builder, 65 ATN and 70 ADP will get you 116 agility