Souls: 367.00
Because its easy, and it does a lot of damage

SlaveKnightKos

Obsessed
Commander

Also it is a total blast to use
git gud casul
"What if we took the rapier, the best cheese weapon in the game, and made everything about it better for casters lol"
Called the Ice Florett in my language. This thing is basically the Crystal Sage Rapiers daddy.
His son seems to be total loser.
Does the soul spear itself do counter damage?
When people say Ds2 PvP is the most balanced
It was. It just still had it's flaws. Just look at this sword as DS1's WoG but with thrust.
Git gud

SlaveKnightKos

Obsessed
Commander

Just started using this weapon and it is a total blast. Respectable range, utility ranged attack to punish archers and sorcerers alike, and really fast. Also you can win ANY trade if you see it coming with the R2 attack, with the combination of counter damage and the double hit, I have gotten around 1500 with an un-optimized build.

ExamplaryCat

Souls: 50.00
Why tf people downvoted this he literally said he liked the weapon.
People have decided they hate all rapier type weapons in PvP because they're not very good at it and so they're just being salty that he DID like it.
Artus Cimber/Ring of Winter D&D reference!
I fear no man.
But that, thing....
It scares me
Kind of ambiguous in the description above - but the special attack is a magic projectile and infusing with magic will cause the damage of the projectile to increase. However, the damage of the projectile does not seem to be particularly affected by the actual level of the users intelligence (tested at 1 intelligence and 99 intelligence, each +0 rapier shot did roughly half of the health of the Scythe wielding jailers in the Lost Bastille). Damage also seems to be unaffected by dex scaling of the weapon as well, using similar test from above. Damage is increased slightly by magic clutch ring (~20 damage at +0). Upgrading weapon does increase damage, but not a ton (seems to be the theme in the DLC weapon, with almost all weapons having high base damage with minimal improvement to be gained from weapon upgrades)

IMHO seems like the best way to utilize would be to get min stats and just stock 3 +0 magic ice rapiers in your left hand slot just to have a powerful, spammable ranged attack - Seems way cheaper than actually farming soul spears - and you can do it on any build with only 15 dex and 11 strength.