Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

DS1 upgrading system as a whole beats DS3 because you can max out weapons that require twinkling and demon titanite without needing slabs while DS3s 15 slabs beat DS1s 3 guaranteed slabs because nobody is going to farm 10-12 extra slabs from darkwraiths and we all know that. If you’re an elemental build this is even more true because the coloured slabs in DS1 are even rarer than the regulars. DS3 would need to give you the option to max weapons with twinkling titanite and titanite scales without slabs to be on par with DS1 but it doesn’t and those 15 slabs are 15 weapons you’re locked with regardless of what type of titanite each need. I didn’t fully think about these specifics previously. Things only go further downhill for DS3 when you remember that catalysts need to be upgraded too. So yeah if I was making a build with only weapons that needed slabs I would take the 15 in DS3 any day but if want to take advantage of weapons that require special titanite as well as regular titanite then DS1 is the clear winner.
What are you even talking about
The DS1 vs DS3 slab discussion in the below comments
there's no second elevator for me in grand archives?
nvm wrong elevator
how the absolute **** do you people use so many weapons per playthrough? for pvp i might be able to understand, but still makes absolutely no sense
every NG+ = 15 more max refinement weapons
not only that, but life ring and sage ring both require you to go to NG++ to get their +3 version, so youre probably going to need to do NG+ anyways.
Yes I do invade often and all of my characters are currently out of slabs.

"But it's 15 per playthrough how could you want to try out so many weapons and see how they perform on certain builds?!"

Yes.

officegossip

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 75.00
Variety is the spice of life, bro.
One of the great moments in this game is when you have farmed enough slabs to feel no shame whatsoever by putting one on your torch and your broken straight sword.
“ One of the great moments in this game is when you have farmed enough slabs to feel no shame whatsoever by putting one on your torch and your broken straight sword.”

Bro, go outside.
“ One of the great moments in this game is when you have farmed enough slabs to feel no shame whatsoever by putting one on your torch and your broken straight sword.' Bro, go outside." Bro, go outside.
LIFE IS STRANGE TRUE COLORS MELHOR LIS JA GANHOU MUITOS PRÊMIOS E VAI GANHAR GOTY GRAVEI MINHAS PALAVR
olha onde o cara tava brother
você é homossexual
The fact that people think that farming in DS1 is better is so upsetting and sad, you can literally get 10 of these things before you fight the abyss watchers, you wouldn't do it that way, but it's possible, and it goes to show how many of these are, I feel people just act like DS1 has a better upgrade system just because it's easier
I don’t understand how people think DS1 upgrade system was better. If anything it was unnecessarily complicated. I mean you go to +15 for normal weapons or +10 but after +5 you needed specifically colour Ed titanite chunks and titanite slabs. It was a pain in the ***. And then you had to teleport back and forth between Andre and the giant smith. It was such a hassle.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
Why so many dislikes? The upgrade system is so much simpler. If you liked warping back and forth from Andre to the giant blacksmith and vice versa just to upgrade a boss weapon than be my guest, but it was such a waste of time
I just learned about the slab dupe glitch with siegward. Crazy stuff
You heartless bastard...

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 100.00
I get that you can’t farm slabs in ds3 like you did in ds1, but you’re not gonna need 15 slabs to complete a build anyways. No one wants to farm darkwraiths for 12 hours anyway
I believe you can dupe them at the end of Siegward's quest but that requires you to kill him so no one is going to do that either
Why so many slabs? I mean, pkcs only needs 1 so...
Smh, Why play the game at all if there are weapons other than the pkcs, they should delete every enemy and just keep the pontiff knights because they also wield the OG pkcs
A pkcs post actually made me chuckle, hope you're proud
to upgrade 15 pkcs bro
I think slabs should work differently on the game. First, weapons upgraded with Twinkling and Scales shouldn't need slabs to get to +5. Second, there should be fewer slabs in the game. 5 seems like a good number. And third, they should be farmable, maybe as a rare drop from more difficult enemies like the golden Winged Knights, the big snakes dudes at Archdragon Peak, or the big giant dudes that summon the ruin sentinels in the Ringed City. With those changes trying new builds on the same character via Rosaria becomes much less restrictive, since now you doesen't have a limited number of slabs until you'll need to create a character and play the game all over again, but it isn't ultra easy, since finding slabs is rarer. This is just my opinion though
God the fanboys really hated you lmao
Fewer than 5... unlimited and farmable? Are you a *?
Y'all excited for Elden Ring? Or more accurately, are y'all excited to point out how much of disappointment it is compared to DS1?
Lmao go cry in your only 4 guaranteed slabs corner