Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

The pygmies blood are dried... yet he can still suck blood out of them. "insert jackie chan wtf meme"
He's not sucking their blood he's eating them
I like that despite the heavy Bloodbournization of Dark Souls 3, the final DLC boss is an old-school Souls fight. Gael's attacks may seem erratic at first, but they have very obvious tells, similar to Artorias. No need to be aggressive, just take your time, read the patterns, and strike during the windows.

A return to basics at the road's end.
WEST VIRGINA, MOUNTAIN MAMA
Most fun boss in the game, by far. Took a bunch of tries but it was worth it. (Can't imagine beating him with my pure sorcerer tho...)
I don't know if you're going to read this but I am just getting to let you know that it is possible to do as pure sorcery build you need at least 50 vigour, 50 attunement and 99 Int. I've done it 3 times. SL 200 farm grand archives for the levels if need be.
I think Gael knew he had to die in the hands of the player after the second phase. He coughs up blood and realises that instead of the Ashen one, it was he himself who ended up carrying the 'blood of the dark soul'. And the only way to get it to the painter was with the help of the player who was still sane and well to travel through bonfires. So he decided to give the player one final fight with the last bit of his humanity , not as a monster or savage, but as a human being. Which explains his switch from crawling around to standing upright and fighting honourably.
This is how I imagine it anyways.
That is a very good point
Just like Ludwig in Bloodborne
Damn I though I was gonna beat him first try but then he did the jump attack and it absolutely **** my camera ffs
Same here dude. Go his health down to like 15%, hands shaking, thinking "a few more hits and I'll be able to say 'I beat Gael on my first try!'"

...then I made a single costly mistake and he punished me with a lunge, killing me right before I could heal. It was incredibly disappointing getting so close. Now I'll never have those bragging rights :/

I did beat him on my 3rd try, which is alright I guess. My weapons were only +8, and it's my first time playing in years, so I guess I can live with it.
Same here dude. Got his health down to like 15%, hands shaking, thinking to myself "a few more hits and I'll be able to say 'I beat Gael on my first try!'"

...then I made a single costly mistake, and he lunged, killing me right before I could heal. It was incredibly disappointing after being so close. Now I'll never have those bragging rights :/

I ended up beating him on my 3rd try, which is alright I guess. My weapons were +8 and I haven't played in a few years, so I suppose I can live with it.
...and then I though it deleted my comment when I pressed submit so I rewrote it.

A little confusing since it just clears the box without any confirmation message, but oh well.
Gaels younger brother lion knight Dael is in Elden Ring
Does anyone know Gael’s bleed resistance? The guide doesn’t say anything about it
hes got a gun hes packing heat
This boss fight is amazing.
cool