Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Don't know when, but at some point blessed infusion on this weapon changed to being S Faith scaling at +7 and up. Don't know what the Faith scaling is on lower levels.
I don't like straight swords because I find them annoyingly basic.. but when I realized no one uses this in pvp I had to go try hard on it for a little... The less stamina consumption is great for chasing hosts that are more annoying then straight swords.. 8/10.. this thing isn't great but not bad at all

HarshFeelings

Souls: 50.00
Best PvP Straight Sword is Gotthards, best PvE Straight Sword is this little guy, easily, and allow me to explain why. Most of the other good Straight Swords take a bit of time to grind for or you have to get far into the game before acquiring, but this can be bought by any build the second you reach Firelink Shrine. It's compatible with Chaos infusions, Lightning infusions, Crystal infusions, Refined infusions AND Sharp infusions, alongside a ridiculously low stat requirement. It's light, allowing you to potentially spend less levels on Vitality. It has the lowest stamina requirement per swing of any Straight Sword, allowing it to be swung many times more than the alternatives before having to recharge. It has almost as much AR on a quality build as a Lothric Knight SS, and it has the same moveset meaning it has the rolling poke (which is the better SS rolling attack). All of these factors put together make it dwarf the other Straight Swords in accessibility, versatility, and DPS. Basically, if you don't care for PvP pick this thing up. The range makes it kinda **** for PvP but It's still entirely usable in that department if you know what you're doing, just go for Gotthard's if PvP is your game though lol.

HarshFeelings

Souls: 50.00
Also simply by being a straight sword it's one of the better PvP weapons by default. Fast startup frames coupled with good range will do that.
Properly the **** straight sword in the entire series. No use whatsoever

imaweebpleasehelp

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 205.00
1) choose sorcerer
2) level str once
3) buy this thing
4) progress and then crystal infuse this little friend

boom, one of the best sorcerer weapons; low requirement, low stamina cost amazing scaling, pretty decent AR for how underestimated it is
Easily the most slept on weapon in the game. This little guy is a fantastic utility weapon for any caster or balanced build with the extra critical damage as gravy on top. With at least a B scaling for any infusion you pick, this weapon is a true all-a-rounder. While it's not the best at any one thing, it's got potential to be good at anything you want. The only drawback to this weapon is its range, which is compensated for by low stamina consumption, and it's rather plain appearance.
Gosh, this weapon is so forgotten that the annoying pkcs guy isn't here yet.
PKCS GUD GUD GUD
CASUL SHORT SWORD BAD BAD BAD
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I AM SO SMART!!!
Bad Weapon.
If you break it in half however, it becomes the most OP weapon in the game.
This weapon works like an alternative for the dagger, useful for casters adept to parrying whoever gets close. Dagger might be better at ripostes, but will have a harder time rollcatching those who survive with ToD, as well as those who thinks they re safe behind a greatshield thanks to the stance wa. A good choice when your pure mage's fp ever runs out.
Only dumb fat Casuls would use such a trash weapon!
PKCS is so much better!
Real Pros and skilled players only ever use PKCS, the best weapon gaming history!