Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Pretty sure they made this boss unkillable in the remaster. It either just spams that one breath attack that instakills no matter what or it flies back to its perch and heals. Has anyone actually killed it in the remaster?
I doubt they would, right? Yet I'm having the same problem. It's right after Taurus Demon and I have a +2 Claymore that does <40dmg (still low level). I should be doing something, at least! I die in one attack, so it's not like it's a long fight. His breath attack is instant the moment he rises so no way to dodge, block, or avoid it when engaging on bridge. No desire to cheese with 1k arrows. Maybe I'm not strong enough to damage it yet? Or I need lightning?
Negative. It is killable in the Remastered version. You just have to have a good weapon and nerves of steel. It also helps to get the Drake Sword if you try it early on.
I waited in the safe place near the wall and the stairs until it got tired of waiting and came to bite. But he can do some kind of fire slam when he is close
I killed him with a +5 Black Knight Halberd, SL 71, Flame Stoneplate Ring and Ring of Steel Protection, wearing Black Knight Armor +5 Chest Piece, And +5 Sleeves, but Gold-Hemmed Skirt and Gold Hemmed Hood. It was tough, but the Fire Def was enough that he didn't kill me immediately with one of his breaths, and it only took about 6-8 two-handed slashes with the Halberd. So, definitely not unkillable.

AshenSandwich

Souls: 50.00
didn't drop scale :(

AshenSandwich

Souls: 50.00
@Anonymous
Whomst has awakened the ancient one?

thesignedpainter

Souls: 248.00
Wiki Edits: 39
Having an extremely strong weapon should do it if you’re mad enough to melee it to death. I used a +5 black knight greatsword. I was able to kill him in three strikes by luring him to the center of the bridge and avoiding his stomps and fire by sticking to his back.
So, we never found out what his Health is in NG+???
Somehow I think my game is broken. I've seen enough videos that explain exactly how to defeat this wretched abomination in hand-to-hand combat. But really every time I wait on the corner until he comes down, wait briefly and run under him, he flies up and immediately kills me with his breath of flame. And every time. Even if I just want to run under him to get to the bonfire. He flies up immediately and roasts me. Even when I'm naked, I can't get past him fast enough. As I said, I wait for his first jet of flame, wait in the corner until he lands, let him take two steps and then start walking ... And get roasted immediately. Is that actually normal? Oh, I'm sorry that the post got so long, but I'm visibly frustrated.
Then just give up
What in the... Why are you letting him take 2 steps?! The very very moment he starts the animation to jump from above the bonfire you run like hell towards the bonfire!
In the preview, the hellkite wyvern is shown to be perched on the waterway from firelink to undead burg.
I was farming souls by getting him to kill the undead soldiers but his audio glitched out and I have no idea how to fix it, I'm playing on PS4