Discuss Nier as well as the comments posted to our Nier Replicant Wiki and Nier Automata Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qr9KyR52RM#t=168.342195
Emil doesn't sell large gears

Kain1356

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 6
What is sold by Emil varies from place to place, he has multiple locations and not only that, what he sells in each location can differ, in other words when you stop him outside the resistance camp can be 1 of 2 shops. Additionally, some shops only sell certain items after completion of certain routes.

Kain1356

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Easiest method to farm these is by taking the quest Machine Examination 2, it will ask you to gather 4 Pristine Screws and 1 Large Gear, go to the save point City Ruins: Near the Tower, standing right by the tower will be a Goliath Biped and a Small Stubby, the GB will drop 1 Pristine Screw (I have 42 of these and they have dropped with 100% dependability) and the Stubby will drop a Large Gear (also 100% dependability). Simply save and reload and they will respawn.
Completed this quest already so I can't farm this way.
Was stuck for days dude. I don't know how it happened. Thank you lol
I love you nohomo
doing gods work
Someone should add that you can get the large dears from the stubbies found in the Copied City during Route C.
Can't believe all these people post such bs tips, when the stubbies are an endless supply
pain
Dude does Emil actualy sell large gears he didnt for me
Why is it such a low chance?
Emi's Shop sells Large Gears and other High-Grade Materials.
Here is what I did. (These steps are not refined, some may be skippable.)
1.) Spawn Desert Camp and find him nearby, shoot him and talk to him
2.) Head to his home (Search a video online for that)
3.) Pick up Emil's Mask
4.) Fast Travel to City Ruins: Near the Tower
5.) Cross the bridge into the Abandoned Commercial Building and head back on the bridge halfway towards City Ruins
6.) Check your Map to see if he spawned near Resistance Camp and if not, repeat step 5
7.) Walk over to resistance camp, shoot/talk to him, and he has a chance of selling (High-Grade Materials or +6 Plug-in Chips)

Here's some info on Emil's Shop's spawn rate/locations/etc.
https://nier.fandom.com/wiki/Emil%27s_Shop