Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Best girl
My SL70 character couldn't take more than 2-3 hits from Champ Gundyr, and I couldn't git gud enough to parry him consistently, so I just use my +4 Dragonrider Bow and about 50 Fire Arrows to take him down.

The winning bout took a while (the devs programmed him to dodge projectiles), and I was down to my last estus!

Champ Gundyr sometimes gets stunned if he gets shot in the face while running head-on during charge attack (phase 2), but it's kind of suicidal since the window is only within a certain few frames.
so hard to estus against this guy honestly
Then don't heal, or just parry and heal instead of riposte.
Iudex Gundyr: "hello little guy im iudex gundyr the first boss of dark souls 3, if you finish to progress through you will have to kill me, good luck!"

Champion Gundyr: "prepare thine anus"
**** i ****ed up the joke (i wish fextralife lets you delete comments)

Iudex Gundyr: "hello little guy im iudex gundyr the first boss of dark souls 3, if you wish to progress through you will have to kill me, good luck!"

Iudex Gundyr: "hello little guy im iudex gundyr the first boss of dark souls 3, if you wish to progress through you will have to kill me, good luck!"

(ignore the comment below me i wish fextralife lets you delete comments)
4 ripostes with a +9 chaos dagger with 30/30 int/faith is the easiest way for me to beat this boss. Oddly, I suck at parrying usually but this guy is easier for me to parry than fight normally. Forget about casting, too, he gives you no space with all that aggression. I don't understand how you're supposed to beat him with only casts.
Fought this guy with a +3 Black Knight Sword and felt genuine fear for the first time after hitting him.
Here's a nice tip if you lost a good amount of souls against this boss (maybe by finding him by accident), you can teleport to Iudex Gundir bonfire and grab your souls back there and safe!
make sense since UG and CoA is pretty much the same map with only different lighting, item placement and enemy placement
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the actual reason behind this is because untended graves and cemetary of ash are loaded at the same place in the world
FFS do not follow strategy 4 stay at a MEDIUM distance in phase 2
With Sword Master this becomes stupid easy
Sword Master aka Estus window on legs