Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

New players: I’mma show this game who’s boss

When they’re done: I hurt myself today... to see if I still feel...
kill me
no
I enjoy pain.
Why don't you?
I mean, you play Dark Souls, so you obviously enjoy masochism...
later
wat abawt manis
He's DLC
I hate Smough and Ornstein
i don't blame you, i used to hate them too, but then i got gud and now they're among my favourites in the series. just gotta practice.
I did it on my second try:)))))
I don't really get why they're so loved. I beat them second try on my first playthrough and it wasn't really that fun
I literally beat O&S my first attempt with out having any prior knowledge of the boss fight
They hate you too.
pinwheel hardest boss
Old joke.

AshuraZero

Souls: 120.00
Wiki Edits: 14
Actually I died first time fighting him, ashamed to admit
poor boi
I died too. If you dont have high damage and health, his copies can easily overwhelm you. If you come after O&S, the fight is a joke.
I went to catacombs rith after arrived lordram because I thought that was The first area to, I made a hard way killing mages that make imortal skelletons , weels skelletons, and black knight, a demon to arrive that crap boss, kill him easily and fell in a hole, só I a weel killed me when I tried to return to recover 17k of souls.
This game took over my life. It was a games with gold download on Xbox 360. Couldn't stop thinking about it. I did 2 playthroughs and when that was done I moved on.
Nothing I have played since has given me the same feeling of accomplishment.
It is a very special game that lives on in my memory.
Cheers.
I was in the exact same situation entirely. Got it on gold and i was obsessed dark souls 1 is a masterpiece
Try Mega Man series, especially 2D ones. Al least for me it's worked.
Well...They're all 2D. Except Legends.
Then again Legends is hot steamy garbage. I mean, it has it's fans, and they're justified to like it. but. To me, it'll always be ****.

For the rest though, the series is a fantastic masterpiece of divinity.
...Except 97% of the fandom fauning over the classic series.
yeah. if you want the dark souls feeling playing a Megaman game try Megaman Zero series. light rpg mechanics, challenging bosses, clever use of the overall mechanics. very fun game
Try Sekiro. It's from the same developer, won goty 2019 and it will kick your ***
Ceaseless Discharge is optional too once you place the Lordvessel and are ready to do some sequence-breaking parkour and not having a bonfire to rest at before Demon Firesage / Lost Izalith.
True, but it's definitely not the intended method. It's probably a developer oversight
Wanna see Solaire's true ending and see Solaire beating all Dark souls series bosses ? Look for 'All Dark Souls 1,2 & 3 Bosses in NG+9 vs Solaire of Astora' and praise the sun one last time!
stop spam
Gwyn hardest boss. Beaten all bosses in 1-5 trys but gwyn still **** boss. yOU cAn PaRry HIm. I would say thats poor mindset
...but you can, and it trivialises him

Can't say the same for the four kings
I wOuLd SaY tHaTs PoOr MiNdSeT
Parrying him is just like disliking this comment. Easy
Really? Bed of Chaos in less than 5 tries? I think NOT
gr8 b8 m8
Killed him first time (let him run to you and use the wierd slope down by the start so all his attacks fly over you)
Hot take: I beat Asylum Demon, Bed of Chaos, and Gwyn, all with only one death.
I went into only Bed of Chaos with a few pointers, but I didn't even use them. I found my own strategy in literally seconds. Just stay in the middle ring. Easy. Makes the entire boss piss.
Git Gud.
gwyn is easy without parrying though
There are only a couple of bosses I have beaten in first try and Gwyn is one of them. He is very easy to parry, and I am pretty bad at parrying.
Old post, but if anyone is having trouble parrying Gwyn, or if you're still having trouble, bring a Buckler or Target Shield. Shields like that make parrying much easier. Target shield is better according to some, but I was able to annihilate Gwyn with a Buckler, so I'd just pick whichever one looks cooler or something. It took a while to learn even with those two shields though, so you'd probably want to keep practicing on him first.
Try parrying with medium shield and practice on silver knights. I used to farm them by parrying them and then one shot them, so when I fought Gwyn, I won while only missing two parries.
So many bad bosses, some aren't even really bosses. Love you the most DS1, you're still the best "Dark Souls" game.