Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

The literal bonfire sword that was here since the beginning, why
I get it, it's a cool way to end the game, but really? D/D? On a +5? That's not even bad, that's insulting
wish the WA changed the weapons "form" instead, like how soul of cinder can swap it into a curved sword, staff and spear
I mean, it looks cool? I guess???

GreySkale45

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
One of the first things I asked when starting DS1 was, "Why can't I use the bonfire sword?"

Feels good to finally be able to wield one, even if it's got terrible stats. FASHION, baby!
The Ringed Knight sword is what this should've been. Such an iconic weapon and is used by the top dog of the game but it's stats are absolute crap lmao.
I wish this sword's weapon art changed your playstyle entirely for a brief moment. These are the changes i would like to see:

Weapon art: ancient link

"Your character gets scorched by the reigniting first flame and enveloped in bright flames as the sword reshapes into the first lord's greatsword."

The character grows 1.5x it's size, gains a slight boost in absorption and attack rating. poise becomes active for the duration of the weapon art.

R1: a combo of fiery slashes with wide range.

R2: a grab that lifts the enemy in the air and sends it flying with an explosion.

L1: hurls a mighty sunlight spear that knocks the enemy off their feet.

L2: holds the sword in both hands and performs a stance. R1 to jump towards your enemy and slash it. R2 to sink the sword into the ground creating a huge explosion of flames.

The duration of this weapon art would last 60 seconds and take 50% of the user's max hp, cutting the health bar by that amount. Huge risk-reward with guaranteed fun.

What do you think?
Stupidly overpowered. Doesn’t matter if it takes half your HP if the enemy can’t hit you. The only risk would be if you failed to kill them before it wore off.
Its not smash bros my guy, jesus
yeah, none of that makes sense. it's a **** sword from a fading flame, not a kingdom hearts boss.
So NOW we care about rules and logic? Fkin hipocrits
Imagine seeing SOC sized player coming at you in an undead match!
At SL 60 it is actually quite powerful.
low-core twinking
Why limit yourself with 60???? Whats the point for real
I love seeing people complain that the weapon is too weak when it's supposed to be like that, and besides you dont need the world's best damage to win a fight, the lore literally states how weak the soc and his weapon is because the fire is fading.
Don't know what you're smoking, the SOC is hardly weak

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 95.00
His weapon sucks tho
Oh right. The soc is weak af but stil does backflips, instant wrath of the gods, fkin kamehamehas or mimic gwyn when he still used sunlight spears. Riiiight...
Yes, Soul of Cinder is weak. This is litteraly the divine form of everyone who burned to link the Flame, but a simple ash can take it in a fight. We're not special, the Fire is fading, and the gods are weak or dead.
Two things about this weapon:

1. I wish it looked like Soul of Cinder's Gwyn form, as opposed to the regular coiled sword.

2. I wish the Weapon Art was Gwyn's Wombo Combo, kinda similar to the Ringed Knight Straightsword.

If it was more like that, it could easily be my favourite weapon in the game.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

If it had actual damage, it would be good too

Grim_Reaper

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
Should have had the BB weapon transformation and stats scaling in int + fth.

DemonsSoulsMaster

Obsessed
Commander

D scaling across the board would have made this thing a bit more viable, but I still think they would need to work out some other issues