Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

komunistkrab

Souls: 70.00
"the red menace"
I know i can get a lot of dislikes just for telling a truth nobody here wants to admit, but i refuse to call "souls players" to those who only touched the 3rd and easiest game. I don't give a s**t about that at this point.

I've been thinking about how the playerbase and the community of dark souls went from "greatly friendly and supporting" to "extremely toxic and easily offended with anything" since this game came out, and i think i've got one of the main reasons.

And that is a game design i don't like a single bit from a souls game. In the previous games, including demon's souls, the player started as basically nothing. From the very start of dark souls 1, the game pretty much tells you that you are a disposable piece of sh*t at best. And has no problems reminding you of that to the very end. The same goes with dark souls 2 and bloodborne, where you re a complete nobody until the end of the game.

Here? Here you are better treated than the goddamn royality of anor londo. You turn out to be basically a spartan from the start, no matter what class did you choose. You get to the shrine and bam! The specifically-for-you firekeeper tells you that you re the chosen one to bring 4 lords of cinders back to their thrones, dead or alive. Then you get the teleport from the start because reasons (making another interconnected map of those was too much for them, i guess), you beat the zone and one of the first sane persons you find in the game is emma, the grand priestessand one of the lothric kingdom's pillars of power. One would feel like he-man at this point.

So basically, part of the blame for the community's downgrade is the game itself being too soft. The previous games chewed you over and over unless you knew your place and got used to hell itself, until you eventually became experienced enough to overcome any odds. Here, you re just walking through the park while receiving pats over your head just for catching up with the basics. This is why the culmination of the series that is dark souls 3 will not be at the same level as it's predecessors. (Yeah, even dark souls 2 surpasses this game. Shove it.)
Huh. Interesting thoughts you've got there. I personally enjoy the Ds3 playerbase. Yes, it is largely toxic, but I like that. It's not the harmful kind of toxic. It's just salty, and that's why beating those salty people in pvp is so much more satisfying to me.

There is also, however, a portion of the online players who are actually nice people. If you try friendly invasions, you'll see maybe a fourth of the hosts will be friends with you.

Also, I found Ds3 harder than Ds1. It must depend on how you play the game. I only do solo runs, but Ds3's summons are way more OP than in Ds1, so I think I get that people can go easy mode in Ds3 with their buddies.

That being said, I think you downplay Ds3 heavily. Yes, I too think Ds1 is better (though I disagree with Ds2 being so), and yes, I think you're right about Ds3 talking to it's players like they're kids who need constant praise and approval, but there is so much more to the game. It is only recently that I myself started to appreciate the game's atmosphere like it deserves. I think why most people miss the atmosphere in Ds3 is because they expect a Ds1-like atmosphere, when Ds3 has actually a very different style to it. Ds1 has a medieval-esque, old and rustic feel, but Ds3 has a more civilized, high culture aura. Just look at all the catholic churches and cities, built with great architecture for scholars and literati. You have to look at them separately to appreciate each one's beauty as an independent work.
your few (huge emphasis on few) good points are buried in ‘it’s not what i want it to be’ whiny rhetoric. shove that.
DS3 having a toxic community has nothing to do with the PvE. This is the game that broke the souls tradition of appealing to a cult audience and dove straight into the mainstream. With ganking and the huge nerf to invasions comes a clash between casual hosts who get salty over anything and frustrated invaders who miss the PvP from the previous games. The online of this game is solely to blame for the toxic community.

komunistkrab

yet the pvp is better than the first darksouls
Why do i feel like ppl doesn't read the full comment before voting? And if the pvp were "better", it wouldn't be empty.
Who cares?
in ds3 you're just a random unkindled like hawkwood, anri, and friends. you're nothing more than mere ash. emma is just there helping unkindled along their journey. what else would you expect from "the first sane person you find in the game"? she doesn't specifically summon *you* until you've defeated the abyss watchers, yhorm, and aldrich at which point she asks you to make prince lothric fulfil his duty as she dies.
All of these fancy tech using invaders with their Estus cancels and what not make me cringe hard because none of them are even remotely good compared to youtubers who do it like CTB yet they still commit to it like blind followers and fail hard.

komunistkrab

skill is who can give the point down

GalacticShellder

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Confused, when it says "You cannot invade into a host's world if the boss is dead." does it mean that client's boss must be alive or that the Host's boss must still be alive?
host boss
Personally I don't mind parry kings and backstab fishers as much as when the game launched. But it's so damn annoying finding people online who treat PVP so mechanically. I came to fight other noob players like me, not a robots who exploit meta weapons to kingdom come.
Amen to that brother
Makes farming covenant items a pain in the ***

Coop summon half of life and estus the f*** why ?
I just got back into playing and made a new game. So i played before and got like halfway or so but today I got invaded.. not by 1 but two invaders almost simultaneously and it got to the point i just turned off my system because you cant quit while being invaded. Turn it back on and before i can make it the ten feet to the bonfire cause i got 5 hp and no estus left I get invaded again. The whole only 1 unless you used dried fingers is ******* since i never bought the thing cause i know better but I just needed 1 guy to assist me with a boss and i get 3 invaders thats *******.
You were either in road of sacrifices or irithyll to have 2 invaders without a dried finger. These are covenant auto invasions and they have different rules to red Eye Orb invaders and you need to accept this as part of the overall experience. The reason you were invaded as soon as you logged back in is because disconnecting doesn’t activate your invasion time out and it shouldn’t because you forced quit out. This game is by far the most user friendly of them all and you should consider offline mode if you can’t take it
How i turn off PvP?
Playing offline
i play offline but i still got invaded idk why
there are npc invaders at preset points. you can't turn off default interactions like that. going offline prevents humans from invading, though
Playing unembered will also prevent invasions. Including NPC invaders if I'm not mistaken.
Half of my life and estus BULL****