Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

At 46 dex and 10 humanity, I did 328 damage to a hollow warrior with a +5 chaos blade compared to 301 with a +15 uchigatana with the same conditions. So mixed with the self damage of the chaos blade and it's lack of a second damage type and inability to enchant it, it has very little use .
You wouldn’t want a second damage type unless you really wanted to get in chip damage on shield users.
You did thirty points more damage, a noticeable improvement. The Chaos Blade is also longer, the Uchi flatout loses to a BSS. And you have a bit more bleed. Infusions and Enchantments are useless in SL125 meta. The Chaos Blade is de facto the best Katana and overall weapon in the game.
Ya, I'm working with 120hp sooo... If there was a passive heal rate I'd do it. It's for high level builds. I enjoy tearing apart below 100 people.
paladin shield
how do you only have 120 hp on a high level build? Do you mean 1200?
Noob question: does anyone here use this in conjunction with the red or blue tearstone rings? Just curious if "hyper mode" builds are viable in DS1?
This sword does damage to you when you hit an enemy. I suppose you could if you’re very careful but you would have a limited number of swings. I would recommend just using a different weapon that does higher damage

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

Souls: 60.00
This weapon can thrust if R1 is pressed while running. Might try out my self wearing Leo Ring to see if it receives a boost as well (probably not but worth a try).
I don't mind for the 20HP consumption per swing, just annoys me is that it has little staggering effect and i'm not used with that playstyle, but it is definitely a nice weapon to have in a dex build.

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

-Me ~ Expressing personal opinions about the weapon and some curiosity with the fandom
-Random * troll ~ Down-votes
:brainlet:
Downvoted for this dumbass reply lol

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

[quote] Downvoted for this dumbass reply lol [/quote]

No surprise here, fextra life is FULL of dumb trolls just like you.
Either these kids doesn't have any knowledge on text interpretation to learn the difference between an actual statement and a matter of taste.
Those brets around here must have taked "i'm not used with that play style" as an negative evaluation on the

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

[cont] weapon, when in fact i'm saying i suck at using it.
It's not hard for any person with at least 30 QI to understand this but yet it's the major reason for the dumb kids downvotes.
downvote for dum
So when I look at the alternatives like Uchigatana and Iaito, which are mainly much easier to acquire and don't rob you of precious health with every hit, is there any rational reason to use this weapon in the first place?

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

Chaos Blade swings a bit faster and the bleeding build up per swing is superior than that of the Uchi and Iaito. People often says its has a slightly better range than the Uchi (never compared it myself..).
As for the Queelags Sword, if you are wandering which of this two to craft, as far as i know since it's imbued with fire damage you should get great advantage for it if you have invested in intelligence, as it's physical damage input is pretty low..
It doesn't swing faster, it has the same speed. It deals 30 points more damage than Uchi and has noticeably more range.
quelaag's sword scales with dex and humanity, just like this.

Andrei_Sokholov

Casual
Convict

But it's not an endgame weapon unlike Chaos Blade. Even if you are focused on elemental attributes it can be easily out-damaged by pretty much any other CS ascended in the chaos path.
Its sure a very unique weapon in terms of aesthetic and animation, so if someone is seeking for an more unusual run that's the way to go, also it's not like the weapon turns completely useless until mid game, but you wont be on meta with this either.