Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

This guy is absolute torture for dark builds.
the caracteristic for dark are compatible with either pyromancy, magic or lightning (depending on the flavor of the dark build)
magic is doable, and the two others are among the recomanded strategies above
just use shira's titanite slab for the pyro flame, and convert
Plz can someone help me beating gael? It’s so hard and i never find a phantom that can help me... psn: Fasertio41
git gud
Cheese him with poison ,if you can't beat him toe to toe
Do not be greedy and always dodgeroll left or right than into him in the secondnand third Phase. Also try to stay close as often as you can. If you are low on health, back up and heal, then instantly go third phase he has this New jump and flying attack. You can alway***** after the flying attack for a free hit if you dodge it well. If he does his gapclosing jump attack you can try to land a hit but it's possible that he follow ups with an attack so be careful. First phase should be easy so try to not lose any estus there. And git gud
I can for the love of me not beat this guy on NG+8! I never had any issues before, heck on my first playthrough I first tried him and now I always die. Gah, I need a break!
OG here: I have finally beaten him. If you need help with this Fight, use the Storyteller's Staff. It trivialized the fight so much for me to a point where the health bar showed around 11.000 Dmg (Of course that's not only the poison damage) . That thing is a godsend.
Just try the Farron Greatsword. It is viable because the hitboxes are awesome on that weapon. In fact, lots of attacks from players and enemies are likely to miss you if you use it right.
I just did first try and every thing, did use a ember before fight because I knew he was a tough boss ,never fought him before and all I did was time my doges and use my Pyromancy (chaos bed vestiges) I’m just lost for words
what level were you ? what build are you using ?

he is easiest to do at sl 250 than he s at 125 (iirc "recomanded" level ?) than he is at sl 1
since he does not heal himself, nor has guarranted hit attack, he is not the worst opponent for SL1 characters, but would be rather tough for them regardless

likewise, a great hammer strenght build would have a better chance than a dark sorcerer or a turtle
and the big arena mean that a faith regen/healing build can actually profit from these, or reapply buffs
The true tension in this bossfight is when your enter 2nd phase and your controller is low on battery.
The cheese method (Strategy 8) is patched as of August 23rd 2020. He just walks around the wall and ends you with great ease.
Just beat Gael on my first try, feeling good.

Krystalmyth

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: -4,950.00
With like a dozen phantoms I bet.
if it was your first time with this boss, rush the game in ng+ and fight him again you haven't try enough to enjoy this fight as you should have

Krystalmyth

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: -4,950.00
I feel, 1v1, the better duel is with Champion Gundyr. Especially NG+ where I think he's given the right amount of health to shine. When you're out of Estus and the song kicks into the horror movie sequence with the violins, screaming "you're going to die now" and you're dodging everything like Neo, and you don't even know how, and WTF, WTF oh god... yeah, I love that fight. Gael has some of that. Ironically, more in his first phase where he's more dynamic and Gundyr like. After that he goes straight into basic patterns. But he is quite the show.
duuude. if gael kept his phase 1 attacks while also gaining the crossbow, cape and lightning... i would straight up cum
for real... bleed is one of the best way . Just try blood warden twinblade.