Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Nowhere does it explain how to get rid of course other than the wax. I'm in the demon area and no one is helpful at all with all your stupid mumbo jumbo about stats. Who cares. How do I get rid of it?
If your curse bar fills up it just instakills you. There isn't a way to remove the buildup, so you need to just increase resistance.
You need to kill the basilisks as quick as possible but when your bar rises you need to run out of the room and wait for it to drop a bit
You're gonna want to git gud
wish people would read before looking stupid. Bar fills up, you die.... end of. So if it's 3/4 full, run away let it go down. >.<
Idiot.
Purging stones get rid of curse buildup
no they dont' you idiot
wrong wiki boi
gotta say i prefer DS3 curse to DS1 curse
ds1 one curse actually mattered though. In ds3 its kinda boring--though less difficult. It also means that the Dissolution thing at velka's statue doesnt even matter..I think.

Xxxzzzccc

Souls: 50.00
I think curse is just bad in general, (specifically referring to basilisks) of course an appility that instantly kills you in the form of an attack that forces you to move away from the enemy which makes them use it again that's fair right, I've never died to cursee and still hate it.

GameEnthusiast

Souls: 100.00
Wiki Edits: 10
I completely agree but have to say that you should git gud
There should be an anti-gank covenant where you inflict this effect to any host or phantom near you, getting stronger with each phantom summoned (including the blue ones)
And also an anti-twink covenant that causes instant curse-death to the twinkvaders if you invade low-levels while you have +10 Estus and end-game gear.

Xxxzzzccc

So you're assuming no one would abuse this you know, like the previously mentioned gang squads?
Because Fromsoft hates you. It's just to ***** with you specifically.
It was better in DS1, no its no where near as terrifying

Xxxzzzccc

Its a stupid mechanic and I thought they would remove it after dark souls 1. (Note:I have never died to curse before)

Zestyboi

At least it’s not as fast as Frenzy from BB
I was not paying attention on my curse meter and when I looked down of 1 seconds I look back up and I have spikes in me ( upvote if this happened to you )
go back to youtube
upvote if you sucked my ****
I upvote the second reply.
I was going to upvote but then you said "upvote if this happened to you and I immediately hated the idea. But yes, I relate to that.
(For 1 second)
I think they should've just stuck with DS2 petrification.
atleast its not ds1 where u find a basilisk get cursed and have to go and find a purging stgone or ingward. that was a pain cuz u had to go through newlondo whilst crippled or spend 3000/6000 souls, if it happened early u likely would have to farm souls so thank god the curse in ds3 isnt the one in ds1
Or you could trade with snuggly the crow
For some reason, when I used Flash Sweat I was instantly slowed (couldn't run ) and had every status under the sun building up; curse, frostbite and toxic to name a few.

Shakunjin

That sounds a lot like what happens when you use the iron flesh spell. For some reason the way this game calculates resistance to effects like this when you become more resistant it looks like you have been hit with those conditions but it is because the amount of curse damage you can take has increased but I guess to prevent you from swapping to these spells/weapons it sets your current curse level at where it would be without the effect.