Comments made to our Salt & Sanctuary Wiki

If I may just say something. I'm not too sure if this creed has the best healing in the game but it does heal at a fast pace from what I can remember. Yes we have to deal with corruption but I would say before the corruption affects you, all you must do is turn the other sanctions into your creed. Then later on, you only have to deal with sanctuaries that are by default a different creed. You won't lose your offerings this way, and you get certain spells that may be beneficial. I mean. If the spells are all you're in it for. Just be in a creed that you dislike before hand and then afterwards. Join the creed you wish to be in
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!
NO NEED to join this creed! Playing as a "Pure Mage" on patch 1.0.0.8 I wanted the Dark spells so made my way to this creed. The merchant sold me all the dark spells before I even rested at their shrine! So I got all I wanted out of them without taking their oath and dealing with the hassle of losing my rank in my other creed.
Good to know. Irrationally sentimental people like me rejoice
Yeah, this is false. Maybe it got patched or maybe you're just wrong...but at least on PS4 (as of 6-22-20), simply answering "yes" to the NPC and receiving the key changes your creed to Betrayer.
A lot of this info is incorrect: 1. You Do not need to be killed by an NPC to obtain a Bloody Writ I was just killed by a Sanctuary guardian and recieved one. Following the wik's advice leads to a needless waste of Stone NPCs. 2. You do not have one chance to join this Creed this is also incorrect. I went down talked to the guy and didn't have a Writ so I said No spoke with him again to make sure I wasn't locked out and was offered the choice again had to say no but then I went and got a Writ and selected Yes and they let me in just fine
that's probably because you didn't have the writ the first time you spoke to him. if you have the writ and speak to him, he immediately asks you the question and you have to decide right then and there if you will say yes, this is your only chance. it can catch you by surprise if you talk to him the first time and he says he wants the writ and the you go get it and come back and are immediately asked the question and aren't ready for it. you have to say yes at that moment, because he won't ask again
this is the best creed by FAR. once you defile a sanctuary, give the expunged heart to the leader and get the flasks of defilement. THIS ITEM IS BROKEN, it makes enemies have 0 defenses, and you also deal +25% damage to them. If you have 2 handed jaws of death fully upgraded, 31 strength or above and you toss a flask you'll be able to one-shot EVERY enemy, and 3 shot most bosses. I literally just tossed it at nameless god and did 5 heavy attacks and he died before my stamina ran out. its so broken.
Even better than goldwine???
It occurs to me that the reason The Betrayers unique creed item the Flask of Defilement is a debuff item used on enemies, instead of a self-buff item like most creed items, is because the dark magic found exclusively with the creed puts a massive defence debuff on yourself for casting it, which would overwrite a buff effect like Golden Wine.