Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I hate the visible elbows while wearing this armor... It kinda ruins the fashion
Yep, even more noticeable than the gap between the helm and the torso in the Black Knight set.
Use Undead Legion Gauntlet and your arms are fully covered.
Mirrah Chain Gloves work well as well, they are a little slim, but they work in terms of Color

ZhenyaUsenko

Souls: 50.00
You can also make your character full black, it'll look good with this armor (it looks like you have some black cloths - not black skin)
The armor being ugly af is what ruins the fashion. Lmao.
Rip giant dad may his soul and his base cannon rest in peace with us may his might never die
Press f to fire up the bass cannon

RansomSeraph

I know this isn't official "canon" but this game ties up with Demon's Souls in the Dark Firelink Shrine. "Champion Gundyr. Modeled after a former king." - his armor is modeled after Old King Doran form Demon's Souls. There's a corpse that looks just like the Black Maiden from Demon's Souls. Who also misses her eyes just like the firekeepers (hers seemed waxed). And Firelink is basically The Nexus.
Gundyr cosplay:use the darkmoon loyalty gesture with this set on with a sword infront of you,once they pick it up get up and start to attack like the actual boos AI

sirjohn41

*old king doran death scream*
Gundyr's Set + Faraam Helm + Valorheart + "Welcome" gesture/"My Thanks" gesture = Instant Gladiator Memes.
Unless I'm trying to stack a particular resistance for a particular fight, or want to dabble with heavier weapons for a bit of fun, I almost always fall back to Gundyr's set. Has solid absorption, poise and resistance with the only downside being weight (shock-horror). Looks good and only has a few blemishes.

Yes, I'm one of those people who played DS3 blind a few years ago and ended up with full Gundyr Armor + Gundyr Halberd. I said I'd do it differently all these years later, but it's hard to let this well rounded set go. Just ironic how it stems from (technically) the first boss of the game. Yes, I know, it's primarily from ChampGun, not RegularGun, but you know what I mean.