Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Ok so so far im progressing through the game and im just taking a quick detour to get greatscythe and talk to vamos is trying to get chaos & fire infusions worth it? Im about to go deal with belfry gargoyle, and if it is worth at what pevel should i ditch chaos / fire infusion and go for standard ascension path for scaling
It would probably be best to just go for standard ascension.
If you only have the min stats then maybe chaos, otherwise normal.
That’s too bad this is from a year ago. I just did a play through with a chaos great scythe and had a great time with how strong it is. I’d imagine having fire for gargoyles would be awesome.
then why the fire upgrade are more powerful in flame damage and physical damage ?
Chaos weapons scale with Humanity up to 10. If you have 10 humanity, you end up having a weapon that can deal a lot of damage with minimal stat investment (See: Giant Dad). The downside is that you need to have 10 humanity active for it to be worth it over a fire weapon, so Chaos upgrades are only helpful if you're already good.
Does it still work if i have a +10 Weapon or +15?
Yes but your weapon will turn back into +0 till you upgrade it again
get your *****ing math right its 8 chunks lol just sayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i gotta go back to farm one more

ThunderFlip

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 5.00
Bank: 2,121.00
Wiki Edits: 250
The math is right. It clearly says it costs 1 chunk to ascend from Fire+5 to Chaos+0 and 7 chunks to upgrade from Chaos+0 to Choas+4.
Here's how I would get red titanite chunks no farming: Get the red titanite chunk in Great Hollow, go back to N. Undead Asylum and drop a Pyro. flame on the nest and reload, (You can get another from the egg dude or the swamp guy) you will recieve a rt chunk, kill the 2 black knights, and finally, get the last 2 red chunks in the Lost Izalith sewers. You can also get a red slab from a chest in there. Hope this helps.
It does thx
Guys, try not to accidentally murder Vamos if the skeleton bois cartwheel straight into him.
Initiate phase 1
The legend never dies