Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

Does it need guard up to block roar, tziti-ya-ku flash, khusala wind armor?
You do not require Guard Up to block roars
Maxed out stun resist and you don't have to worry tzitzi flashbang
You can always block tziti's flash, even without guard up
tzi tzi yaku flash? who cares he is too easy to kill
It also blocks Velkhana's ice breath attacks with just minor chip damage.
Does it work with Sword and Shield?
Yes, it works with any weapon that has blocking capabilities.
It does not block master rank uragaan's roll anymore
that's funny, I spent 4 hours yesterday farming him, without guard up, and was blocking it just fine
You still need to face the correct direction, especially Uragaan can circumvent a block with his circle-shaped rolling easily, you can block his normal roll just fine
No longer blocks anything from Xeno'jiva anymore.

Grim_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
Dunno whats your prob but I still bath in his lazerbeams. Good idea to check you loadout from time to time. Some stuff "vanishes" if you equip it on other gear. Despite saving the set and all...
Does not block Savage Deviljho pin, what bs is this?
Some attacks cannot be blocked. It's the game basicaly telling you to change your strat. Or weapon? Have no solution either for this....especially when he is in "pinning mood". Up to 5 times in row...
Lol at the guy replying before me... yeah Savage Jho's pins cannot be blocked, don't know why.
No pin attacks can be blocked. They don’t count as normal attacks and just pass through shields
Pin attacks are basically a grab/throw. Just like in a fighting game like street fighter. You can't block a grab/throw

KingTaro

Souls: 50.00
First, I was also thinking that it's logical the "grabs" can't be blocked, just like in Fighting games. However, in Fighting games it's a game of rock-paper-scissors, where Grab beats Block, Block beats Attack and Attack beats Grabs. If Fighting game logic was what they had in mind, then any Attack should be able to interrupt the Grabs.
Savage Deviljho is just the exception, other pinning moves can be guarded against (Rathalos Swipe into pickup + throw, normal Deviljho Pin, Anjanath Headswipe into chomping...)
can it block when monster run through you? I use HBG with shield mod sometimes monster run can knocked me down. like tigrex

KingTaro

What's the recommended way to farm Shield Jewel? "Name's Lavasioth"?

Grim_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

From what I've investigated online so far, it's Lavasioth. I got my first from Namille. My second from Lavasioth. Did the steam machine, now that it is active again, for my 2nd char but I've won the impression after 600+ silvertickets and 50 golds or so that the best stuff is locked away and not obtainable this way or has a very, very low droprate.

KingTaro

Indeed, got my Shield Jewel from "The Name's Lavasioth" after around 70 runs. imgur[DOT]com/gallery/4dFMG5i As for the Silver Tickets, as Grim stated, they don't drop the Shield Jewel. The Silver Ticket has the drop table of Ancient Feystone, but without all the LVL4 Jewels. For those interested in the Ancient Feystone drop table: mhworld.kiranico[DOT]com/decorations
I just got Guard Up from 'The Greatest Jagras'. I got lucky though, I've only done that quest 8 times.

KingTaro

Indeed, got my Shield Jewel from "The Name's Lavasioth" after around 70 runs. As for the Silver Tickets, as Grim stated, they don't drop the Shield Jewel. The Silver Ticket has the drop table of Ancient Feystone, but without all the LVL4 Jewels.

Grim_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Our Lord and Saviour!