Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

Does anybody get the feeling that he used to BE a cleric and that's why he despises them? Like, maybe he lost his faith or found out his group was a sham or something? He sells miracles and cleric armor and weapons...
I think the reason he sells cleric stuff is because of all the clerics he's killed.
There is a theory that Patches is the first human, the one that found the dark soul, the reason he kicks you when you go after treasure is cause he hates greed and people that do stuff only for treasure or fame, he hates clerics cause he knows that the Gods imprisoned humanity cause Gwyn fears the special property of the dark soul a.k.a it's weak but can duplicate in equal parts unlike the other lord souls. To add into this theory, in dark souls 3 patches has forgot his memories cause the world is ending and most of the dark soul is in Gael, but as soon as you show him the monument of hollows in the ringed city he remembers and it's the only time that he helps you go forward, kicking you down to the right path
What happens if you kill Pinwheel before meeting Patches? Where would he be?
Tomb of Giants
Does he still appear in the Tomb of Giants if you've killed the clerics before meeting him?
Yes I killed the clerics and he still appeared
Yes

Saionide

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
I haven't gone into the Tomb of Giants yet. When I went through the Catacombs he was not there for me at all. Even before I killed Pinwheel. Will he still be in the Tomb of Giants?

Saionide

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Oh nevermind. I see. Rhea and her company went down before me.
Patches never showed up in the catacombs for me either but he will defo be in the spooky pitch black tomb.
sigh... lol does nobody realize that when the first flame gets re-ignited that everything gets remade. quite literally burns everything to make it anew thusly! there are return characters all the way from demon souls..... even if these return characters die when the fire is re-ignited they come back in a new form but still the same.
You missed the entire point of the sequels if that's your take-away. In DS3 especially, we see the world stagnating because people continue to link the Flame and not let the Age of Fire die, not letting the natural cycle of the world continue. Nothing is "burned away then made new again," it's continuing to exist until the world literally starts wrapping in on itself because it's been stuck in the Age of Fire for so long. Also, Demon's Souls is not related to Dark Souls story-wise.
Anyone called Patches NEEDS to die a horrible death. Dark Souls 2 is best Dark Souls, simply because it has no Patches*****. XD
But then you have Pate which will blow a bomb in your face while laughing like a maniac and after that you cant find him anywhere else for revenge
Is killing him considered a sin?
Okay so, I accidentally answered "No" to his second question after saying "No" to asking if I was a cleric. Does this effect me at all? What will be different? He gave me twin humanities.
Means you're good. It's better than fighting each other at Tomb of Giants.
I think that when they say that Patches is a bit bugged, they don't lie at all, I was in the tomb of giants, first time meeting him, I was talking to him but before he finished the lines a scheleton attacked us both and I died, when I came back to him he didn't ask any question just repeated the same dumb thing, so I triggered the cutscene and when I came back up he was hostile for no reason at all, welp, before reading this wiki I thought he was supposed to be only hostile lmao
When he ask if you're a cleric when you first met him at the catacomb, you should have said "No". He hates clerics for some reason. Then he will show up at Firelink shrine after that.
I always kill him in all the soulsborne games , this piece of***** is just cancerous , especially kill him on sight in DS3 since you give his ashes to the Shrinemaiden and get all his store items.
Why? He's honestly an amazing character, punishing the greed of men, I can why you hate him but look deeper and you'll see he's really doing this as a means for you to learn from your mistakes.